Recent content by Foxwell Covington

1. Foxwell Covington

[1.8.0} Nobles are not putting prisoner lords in towns/castles...Cannot Do Prison Breaks

10% of the prisoners in all settlements will now be sold daily to prevent dungeons from exceeding the prisoner limit.
    Please don't auto-sell the noble prisoners...
  2. Foxwell Covington

SP - Economy (HOW DO I LABEL AS FIXED?) At just lvl 20 Smithing, I can already break the economy. And it's no fun.

I’d like to see smithing skill used as a multiplier to the quality of the weapon so someone with 20 skill is making a weapon of very low quality/value then once you’re at say 100 skill the modifier becomes positive and your weapons become more valuable, I’d also do something like make refining/smelting scale with your skill. Reward values for crafting orders are weirdly balanced too.
  3. Foxwell Covington

SP - Scenes Please, Taleworlds, give us more reason to visit the scenes of villages, castles and towns

+1 for this, I really love the scenes, we need some radiant quests or maybe trade rumours or something to make it worth dropping in for a while.
  4. Foxwell Covington

1.6.0: Smithing still effectively a nonsensical on demand money printer

If so then, can we agree that at these higher tiers profit should then be worth the goods and be high for said high tier goods?
    Yeah for sure, a level 200 smith should definitely be able to craft expensive weapons.
    The games Economy AI doesnt temper a towns spending alls it money just because the player wants to sell it there? im guessing there really isnt much of an Economy AI at all then
    Correct, no diminishing returns on crafted items like with trade items either, you can take their coffers down to 0 denars.
  5. Foxwell Covington

Dude, no idea where your getting your figures. Even if you say you've played for 1k hours, you say you can easily make 100k. No, no you really can't.
    Not 100k per weapon, I picked an arbitrary number because the amount of profit you can make is only limited by the amount of time you're willing to put in. In my current game I have 50 smithing and my three companions have 20-40. If I want money I buy some daggers and craft some 2h swords that sell for $3-5k a piece and clear out the towns money.
    Smithing in the very beginning in the first updates was broken, we can agree on that. Yes. Making a max of now 38k from the best sword in the game. Smithing has been nerfed far enough

One last point. Smithing = crafting. In any game people who spend hours building their crafting stats generally will end up making loads of money over time. This is just realistic.
    I agree a high quality weapon should sell for a lot of cash, my issue is low quality weapons made by low level characters are far too profitable. I'd like to see the profit on a steeper gradient compared to skill.
  6. Foxwell Covington

Didn't 1.7.x balance it to a good point? The toning down of the prices on 2h swords + raising other tier5~6 weapons prices (polearms/1h swords) to a similar level -- seems to have really helped.

Yes, it's still a lot of money, but it's not like the old 60~80k per pop as it used to be. Tier5 weapons cost around 12~15k range, and goes over 20k with Thamaskene parts. I think taking the expensive orders are actually way better in making quick money now.
    This may just be because I've played the game a lot but I still find it very easy to make a silly amount of cash smithing with minimal effort or game time. A noob may take a bit of time to figure out the specific items required, but it isn't rocket surgery.
  7. Foxwell Covington

SP - Quests Belligerent drunks and more tavern events

This is sorely missing, they've put a tonne of effort into building towns but there is barely a reason to go in to any.
  8. Foxwell Covington

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Leveling "leadership" skill

I'm not sure what the solution is but it bothers me that you can't level leadership past about 50 without leading an army.
  9. Foxwell Covington

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Bring Back Global Reduction in xEXP as Level Increases

In the old system you rush to level 15-19 then are stuck there forever, that's not fun or logical.
  10. Foxwell Covington

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestion: Create more granularity in the Order of Battle system

I agree with this, the sliders end up putting the wrong troops in a group unless you judge it perfectly, it isn't intuitive enough. Instead of "give priority" just let us pick the troop type. I'd also like to make groups of say 50/50 Archers and Shield infantry so I can do weird stuff like make 3 Squares on the battle field.
  11. Foxwell Covington

SP - General The Big Problem with Combat -- Unit collision and mass [FIX / SUGGESTION]

giphy.gif

"Technically" they are currently aware of the situation and have a nice "in progress" sticker on it. Source.
    Nothing mentioned in patch notes and infantry engagements are still a mosh pit so, no. Realistic Battle Mod has a reasonable fix for this and is updated for 1.7.1 beta...
  12. Foxwell Covington

SP - General Smithing selling nerf

No way, it is still too high and in the wrong (right?) hands it is just an infinite money printer without much effort at all. It doesn't make sense that a level 10 smith can turn a profit on everything they make, smithing should COST you money until you're at a sufficient skill level.
  13. Foxwell Covington

SP - General Relationship gain for successfully bartering for people's freedom

Seems like a no brainer, there is a lot of this sort of stuff missing from the game.
  14. Foxwell Covington

I'm going to say no, crafting in real or virtual worlds has always been one to yield profit. To get breaking profits you have to pass the 100 lvl mark, and that may be under the mark honestly.

To hit even 70k, which I found by experimenting, you need to be around 170 I think. It varies on luck of recipe parts you find.

So no, Smithing money should not be removed from the game.

The best bow costs 200+k, some of the best swords in the game cost the same, armor can go for 300 and above. So no, Smithing has got majorly nerfed since the start, if you compare pricing of what in-game items are vs you being able to Smith better equipment and it cost less.

The game has been majorly nerfing smithing since the start of the games creation.

To give an example, Smithing is not a game breaking skill due to: right now I'm continually at war with 3 different countries and due to that I'm only able to net maybe...a max of 500 to 600k if I'm lucky by running around to various territories around the world, which lasts only maybe through one to two wars as I'm using the equipment I get from battles to lvl my troops to keep them high tier against enemies, and keep ahead of the opposition.

Smithing only grants a way to keep your head above water.

Just like any other real life scenario or game in existence, crafting is a way to make millions, and given enough time you can. However, as players with many hours in game can tell you, smithing takes many hours to get to lvl 200, it's not a short journey and your a millionair

It takes hours.

Game creators, don't listen to the original thread poster. That's nonsense that Smithing breaks the game. If one smith's the best weapon in the game, it should be worth the best weapon in the game. Which currently is at least 200k

One gets paid what something is worth. It's only fair

I'm very against anyone that wants to put down getting paid for what they earn
    1k hours here since the start of EA. I ignored smithing for about a year due to it being like a money cheat then came back to try again in 1.7. They have nerfed smithing but no where near enough. There is nothing stopping anyone from buying throwing daggers and wood on day 1 and continually making 2h swords to get to $100k pretty quickly. With 1000d you can buy a few Pugios and smelt them in to the materials to make a sword worth a few thousand minimum, even at low level, that is unballanced. Smelting yield needs to be scaled by level to reduce the amount of expensive materials available to a novice smith, or the quality multiplier needs to be scaled down further based on skill. Levelling smithing should be a money sink until you've leveled (75+?) but at the moment you turn a profit from the first item you make.
  15. Foxwell Covington

Damage in this game is Ridiculous

Realistic Battle Mod makes the game way more playable in this regard, more parrying and shield blocking, armour is stronger, horse charges actually do something and high tier units are more powerful 1v1, good times.
Back
Top Bottom