Recent content by formergamer

1. formergamer

Dev Blog 13/12/18

Wrong.  Caravans should be able to lay siege.  Haven't you heard of merchants in disguise.  Get in, wait for the right time.  Kill the guards.  Open the gates. 
  2. formergamer

OSP Kit Combat Form Ranks! - A formation kit[Version1.32][Minor update: multi bug fixes]

Can someone add a circle/schichrom formation for defense.  Also a hollow square would be nice. 

Also, the brace pike doesn't work.  The cavs just charge right past the spears and stop at the troops. 

I know some coding and have great college instructors who also have a full time job in the field that are willing to help.

If someone can comment/break down the code for these formation making, I will return the favor to the community.  I know it can be done.  There was that pig formation done so more complicated formations can be done.  Someone just has to be willing to share the information. 

ps.  surprise the devs have not helped out with these codes despite tailoring the game to be moddable.  I could have missed the info and be wrong though.
  3. formergamer

Dev Blog 15/11/18

Referans said:
    Can we have the dog as pet ?

That would be so cool.  Add eagles, falcons, etc.  to the list.  That would pave the way to modders doing dragons.  Might be like in Imperial Rome where there is the standard bearer and the trumpet person. 
  4. formergamer

LSP 3D Art Scenes Galleon ship and static sea-battle scenes

In imperial rome, there is the catapualt option during battle. 

It would be cool if cannons were made and usable on the ships using a cannon mesh with the musket animations and particles. 
  5. formergamer

How to limit max party size?

Hi, I've looked online for many days but still can't find the answer. How do you limit the party size of everybody without tweakmb.  Tweakmb keeps crashing the game so I would prefer a text edit.  I want to have more skirmish battle and less decisive battles.  Limit max party size for everyone...
  6. formergamer

OSP Code Combat Poisoned weapons

must...add...kill...lords...to it.
  7. formergamer

Dev Blog 01/11/18

No.  We don't need a dev to spend all their time making all the horse's muscle move.  We won't see it while riding and won't see it as the horse passes by us. 

Also, hating again.  You can focus and make the clothes move all you want, but the face details still look meh. 
  8. formergamer

OSP Kit Campaign Outposts! v0.8 - updated 15.07.11

This should come in handy when someone wants to play as a rebel force. 
  9. formergamer

Need Help adding a find item cheat menu to a mod (imperial rome)

Hi, how to do this? I've tried copy and pasting from native and other mods to where the cheat menu is located in this mod, but there is a loading error that shuts the game down before the main menu.  Something like "unexpected end..." Using the tilde and control key and typing cheatmenu gives...
  10. formergamer

Dev Blog 25/10/18

JuanNieve said:
    About formations: it would be cool if we can order to our heavy infantry to brace their lance or pikes in this way

144226c.jpg
    144226a.jpg

At least the first line to counter heavy cavalry charges.

This video has good information about the formations of the Roman legions in the republic

You know what I think is also cool.  Is if the formation mod is so easy to do that we can create our own formations using a program kind of like Open BRF.  But we can place all the individual we want and let them line up and face anyway we want them to and perform preset actions such as shield wall, brace pikes, etc.  And we should also be able to group more than one type of troops.  Have archers surround by a crouching pike wall.   
  11. formergamer

Dev Blog 25/10/18

DanAngleland said:
    Lolbash said:
    You know you can just press the Backspace key in Warband  and you will see every single troop location?

I think that is exactly what froggyluv was saying, though it has been stated before that there is no such tactical map in Bannerlord, so it is worth discussing line of sight.

Yes.  The line of sight has been annoying in warband.  When enemies charge in the middle, all your troops focus on the middle and disregards everything else.  This is especially annoying if you're spear bracing or shooting arrows.  Archers turn their attention to the closest. 

With that said, I think line of sight for ai should be more narrow like the traditional flashlight light picture.  Not 360 degrees. 

12. formergamer

Dev Blog 25/10/18

ngaborino said:
    Roccoflipside said:
    formergamer said:
    This is probably one reason how they got it wrong

http://www.manchuarchery.org/images/wufu.jpg

There is another photo that I couldn't find where a circus person was pulling a few bows at the same time.  The bow location was like the devs.  Either as a circus trick, or to help re-straighten the bow.  Don't remember which one.  But it is not used in real situations.

The string in that pic is actually attached to the correct points on the bow, if you look it continues past where it seems to connect and is looped around the ends of the bow, as is correct. I'm not sure what the other attachments are for, but I suppose it's possible that they are some kind of 'pulley' system, which would make this a very early example of a compound bow :iamamoron:. Whatever the reason, that bow is technically strung correctly, with something else I'm not sure the purpose of.

Either way, this doesn't bother me that much, and while I hope it's fixed, I probably wouldn't notice if it was still in the final game, as hopefully I'll be much more focused on the cav bearing down on me, or the infantry formation charging me to look at how my archers strung their bows :lol:

It seems a lot of people don't care much about this. But I am curius how would everyone react if there were swords with cross guard on the bottom and axe's with head in the middle of the shaft etc...

By the way that bow is a mongolian bow with little 'stools'. It is actually one of the advanced compount bows. When the string hits the stool, it adds a little more speed to the arrow.
    kassai_farkas_II_mongol_ij.jpg

The correct term is "string bridge."
  13. formergamer

Dev Blog 25/10/18

Roccoflipside said:
    formergamer said:

There is another photo that I couldn't find where a circus person was pulling a few bows at the same time.  The bow location was like the devs.  Either as a circus trick, or to help re-straighten the bow.  Don't remember which one.  But it is not used in real situations.

The string in that pic is actually attached to the correct points on the bow, if you look it continues past where it seems to connect and is looped around the ends of the bow, as is correct. I'm not sure what the other attachments are for, but I suppose it's possible that they are some kind of 'pulley' system, which would make this a very early example of a compound bow :iamamoron:. Whatever the reason, that bow is technically strung correctly, with something else I'm not sure the purpose of.

Either way, this doesn't bother me that much, and while I hope it's fixed, I probably wouldn't notice if it was still in the final game, as hopefully I'll be much more focused on the cav bearing down on me, or the infantry formation charging me to look at how my archers strung their bows :lol:

Sorry I didn't add enough words to clarify my view.  I think the mistake came because the animator's perception only saw where the bow string touched the bow and not exactly where it ended.  My picture above was to show that the bow string ends at the nocks and not by the bridge. 
  14. formergamer

Dev Blog 25/10/18

Noudelle said:
    Gee I don't know it's almost as if the game's not finished yet and there might still be details they've gotten wrong.
    There's no way this is still going to be the case at release.

If only they had ask for feedback.  Release some stuff so that they wouldnt have to go back and redo things.  But everybody doesnt think the same way.
  15. formergamer

Dev Blog 25/10/18

Back
Top Bottom