Recent content by Folcwald

1. Folcwald

Which faction has the best troops and why?

My bad, I must have a troop mod installed!
  2. Folcwald

The only elites that get the "Bound Crossbow" are Sharpshooters and Hired Crossbows(oddly the merc guard gets it too and is terrible). That one is much better than the second place crossbows (Hickory Crossbow) that is used by Imperial Sergeants and the pre-reqs of the two other elites and the "Fine Crossbow" that is used by Boar Champions. Things get worse quickly after that with the "Heavy Crossbow" used only by Vlandian t3 unit and the "Crossbow" used by Imperial t4 and Vlandian militia vets. Everyone else gets the "Light Crossbow" which is as good as you'd expect.

You're right about sharpshooters having great range. However, being the better ranged duelist doesn't really matter if they run out of ammo easily in large field battles and don't offer the raw damage output in general. I do use sharpshooters, but they have their limits and the lower tier units leave a lot to be desired.

I think the tier two crossbowman for the Vlandians is actually quite good compared to the tier 2 archer units that other factions get. It has 40 crossbow skill compared to 15 bow skill or the Empire or the 20 bow skill of the Sturgians.
  3. Folcwald

I know the meta is archers but I've found that the crossbowmen are actually quite good at defending sieges.
  4. Folcwald

Which faction's troop tree do you think gives you the best advantage?
  5. Folcwald

Which new factions would you like to see added/modded into the game ?

I would like to see a legitimate Nordic faction as well. I hate, hate, hate that the Sturgian special troop is mounted considering people during the Viking age would use horses to ride to battles and then dismount to fight. I would love, love, love for there to be a troop tree with Houscarls instead of mounted skirmishers. Maybe not an entire new faction but one of the minor groups. I believe there already is a Nordic inspired minor faction. Maybe even add another one to one of the Empire factions similar to the Varangian guard.

It would also be pretty badass to get a North African or Indian inspired faction with War Elephants.

I'd imagine a Japanese inspired faction with Samurai would be fairly popular as well.

Maybe even create some Aztec or Iroquois factions.
  6. Folcwald

game start in different area

shuld the game start in different area, to match the culture U play

There's a mod for that.

7. Folcwald

Battanian Archers

For any Battanian mains out there, tell me about your troops strength and weakness. Also is it hard to recruit Battanian Champion.
    Planning to make my first mod, on modding tool release.

Battanians are "glass cannons". They tend to have low armor and will often prefer to fight with twohanded weapons rather than shields but they deal out large amounts of damage. I actually really like the Wildlings. They aren't as strong as other infantry, but in combination with archers behind them they can be quite deadly and manage to kill most troop types before they even get close enough to take advantage of the low armor the Wildlings have. Their javelins are great for taking out horses as well.

I've never had an issue recruiting Fians. If anything there are times when I felt my army was too Fian heavy and I stopped recruiting them. Once you get your relations up with nearby towns (and you buy out the non-Fian troops from powerful land owners) you'll be rolling in Fians.
  8. Folcwald

Pregnancy

I've never had to wait in a town for more than three days for a woman under the age of 30 to get pregnant. The secret is foreplay.
  9. Folcwald

Archers in Bannerlord Versus Archers in Warband

I picked the best Archer faction and one of the best infantry factions

You picked the best archers against mid-tier infantry. If you want an accurate test, either compare mid-tier archers against mid-tier infantry or compare the Heroes against a noble infantry tier like the Mamalukes.

If you don't want an accurate test, that's fine. But don't at like it proves that archers are OP.
  10. Folcwald

How will they fix Sturgia getting completely eliminated in one year, and Khuzait and Vlandia taking half the map in 3 years?

Fix the garbage noble troop for Sturgia. It makes no sense that their elite troop is... cavalry.

But otherwise, I find Sturgia to be a lot of fun. It makes the game much more challenging.
  11. Folcwald

Okay people, the point is they are OP

Archers aren't OP. All the other archer units get wrecked by infantry. If you're suggesting that this one type of archer unit is OP, I'd encourage you to test them out against an infantry troop that is also noble so you would't be comparing apples to oranges.
  12. Folcwald

Recommended Mods for Thorough Playthru?

I haven't gotten the Community Patch or Improved Garrisons to run without immediately crashing the game.
  13. Folcwald

I see your point, but 200 inf should never defeat 200 archers

The "archers" you went up against are better infantry than the "infantry" troops that you're using. I've tested this out with all the other archer troops and the results were the opposite.
  14. Folcwald

This is meaningless, try attacking them using a shield wall

Yeah, obviously charging your mid-tier infantry against archers who melee better than them is less than ideal.
  15. Folcwald

If you prefer infantry then use better infantry. Battanian Heroes have better melee stats than infantry units that you were using.
Back
Top Bottom