Recent content by Foffy123

1. Foffy123

2015-6 Brytenwalda Reworked pulling together the best features of BW submods +

Hi gdwitt, thanks for the mention in the credits! I only just came back to Warband and had almost forgotten about my crash-course in Warband modding with TML's submod back in 2014. Looking forward to the newest version of your mod!
  2. Foffy123

Playability over historical accuracy? POLL REVISED

The majority of people that will play VC will probably be somewhat confused at a lack of axes, at the very least.

Regardless of whatever historical justification there is for not having axes (if any), shouldn't the fun factor of being a viking with an axe trump that? Would someone that is more knowledgeable about  the time period really see an axe and then be irritated by it being out of place? I'm not saying every unit should have a gigantic two-handed axe or anything like that, by the way (straw-man arguments seem to be common on this forum).

I think some people here are missing the point. Gameplay and historical accuracy are NOT mutually exclusive. I agree with people saying they want VC to be realistic, and I also agree with the people that want more variety. I think we should try to find common ground.
  3. Foffy123

I'd like a refund.

Phocks said:
    Foffy123 said:
    If it were this bad before release why didn't they just delay it?

As I understand it their resources were pretty limited. The problems weren't discovered with their bug testing because the testing wasn't extensive enough.
    I really find that hard to believe. The problems are extensive enough that even bare-bones quality control (a single playthrough even) would catch at least some of them.
  4. Foffy123

The REAL reason why this DLC is performing bad and crashing - Including Tips-

Mr.Milker said:
    I'm not necessarily fanboying, just trolling you and other concerned customers, because I have an afternoon off. :wink: That and I sympathize with fellow modders, it's tough making a release work at all, let alone without any problems whatsoever.
    Would you or any other modder really have released their mod in this state (not beta/alpha since this is a finished product)?

Think about this: Why was Viking Conquest released in this state when it's not even a mod (it's official DLC and costs $)? The fact that it was even released like this is inexcusable. Everything else I can understand, considering they're not really professional developers (like you said).
  5. Foffy123

I'd like a refund.

Pineapple_ said:
    Then you shouldn't have preordered if you are displeased with the product.
    Wait, how does that even work? Wouldn't you have to be able to see the future to be able to know you would be displeased with it BEFORE you buy it?

Mr.Milker said:
    Ah yes, the fabled stability and bug free state of any Mount and Blade game on release. Yes.
    Does that make the current state of VC acceptable in any way? If it doesn't work, I don't see why anyone wouldn't be entitled to a refund. Personally, I would probably get a refund as well and then just re-buy it when it's fixed. It seems like that would be a great way to put pressure on the team to get patches out.

If it were this bad before release why didn't they just delay it? The current situation is simply ridiculous, we shouldn't have to wait for patches to un-break the game. It wouldn't be a problem if this were a mod, but it's not.
  6. Foffy123

Pest Lords

I believe I've found what's causing this bug. It's this section of code in module_scripts.py:
    Code:
     #MOTO chief neighbors
            #add this to prevent factions from gaining fiefs (and starting wars) at far end of map
            (store_add, ":slot", slot_faction_neighbors_begin, ":faction_no"),
            (val_sub, ":slot", kingdoms_begin),
            (this_or_next|faction_slot_eq, ":orig_faction", ":slot", 1),
            (eq, ":faction_no", ":orig_faction"),
            #MOTO chief neighbors end
    This was added in 1.41, I confirmed that by looking at the module_scripts.py file from 1.40. Commenting this out fixed the bug in my current save.
  7. Foffy123

Mount & Blade Warband version 1.161 patch

Docm30 said:
    So any updates on when the new module system is coming? I could really use some of those operations.
  8. Foffy123

TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Hibernicus said:
    Foffy123 said:
    Modder223 said:
    so that patch works with the lastest brytenwalda?
    Yes

Does this work with  companion submod here? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211791.0.html
    Nope, they would overwrite the same files. I could merge them if there was any demand for it to be done.
  9. Foffy123

Nexus Link Changed

As of a recent update, The Nexus has stopped using sub-domains for each Nexus Site. Links that haven't been updated are now broken (won't re-direct). This is currently the case with the link to Perisno in the 'Latest Downloads' topic. Old: http://mbwarband.nexusmods.com/mods/3980 New...
  10. Foffy123

Modder223 said:
    so that patch works with the lastest brytenwalda?
    Yes
  11. Foffy123

Nexus Link Changed

Windyplains said:
    I updated the link on the download thread.  Thanks for the reminder.
    No problem.

Also, I just wanted to say that your level of vigilance is impressive. Keep up the good work.
  12. Foffy123

Nexus Link Changed

As of a recent update, The Nexus has stopped using sub-domains for each Nexus Site. Links that haven't been updated are now broken (won't re-direct). This is currently the case with the link to Silverstag in the 'Download & Instructions' topic and in Windyplains' signature. Old...
  13. Foffy123

Hibernicus said:
    :shock: Thanks you!

No problem!

If anyone finds any issues, let me know. I've been poking around in this a bit but haven't done much. Haven't done enough solid testing to warrant any changes yet, so it'll help if others can let me know what they discover.
  14. Foffy123

Music credits/copyright issue?

Something unusual said:
    It was way worse in version 0.5, but we fixed most of the music issues. I guess this was overlooked, but it will be fixed as well. Detailed music credits are found on readme file. I think outdoor_beatiful_land.ogg is the only one left that wasn't replaced, but Michadr can elaborate more on it.
    I checked the readme but couldn't find this song in the credits which is why I made this topic. I'm glad to hear it'll be fixed.

I actually played quite a bit of 0.5 but I ALWAYS turn music off in Warband. When I turned it on to hear the new music in 0.6 I was pleasantly surprised, but then went to check to see if it was in the credits or not. Loving 0.6 so far and I'm glad to hear this is being fixed.

EDIT: I believe part of the fault should lie with the uploader of the original music mod on the nexus, since it seems they renamed and then uploaded copyrighted music without crediting anyone at all.
  15. Foffy123

Music credits/copyright issue?

razgon said:
    Unfortunately, the mod has tons of music that is copyrighted elsewhere.
    Is this just not an issue or has it never really been brought up?
Back
Top Bottom