Recent content by FlameRiot

1. One Year Anniversary Recap

The importance of multiplayer to the game cannot be stressed enough
    who gives a f*** about multiplayer, can you fix siege, cavalry and lord ai already???
  2. Development Update #7: Multiplayer Duel Mode and Battle Terrain System

Actually this new Battle Terrain System can give a meaning to castles and make them more useful.

For example, if a Northern Empire party is got caught by a Khuzait party in a region which has a castle in it, the simulation can take that castle into account and look if that party can escape under that castle and have the help of the castle garrison. If the way of the NE party is blocked by the Khuzait one, the garrison will not be included in the calculation. But if they can escape to the castle, they will lose some men on the way but they garrison of the castle will help them and simulation calculation will change accordingly. Seeing that they will lose the battle, The Khuzait party can give up the offensive on the NE party and retreat.

This can solve snowballing issues, make castles more useful, compansate for the parties not being able to take a shelter in castles when they are being chased, make friendly territory safer and enemy territory more dangerous. Lots of benefits really.

But I think it requires finer regional grains because current regions seems very big and can take multiple settlements in it. This means lots of maps requirement and means much work for map makers.

The coolest part for players will be the battle scenes in which we can have the castle or town on our back and have the help of the garrison in the battle scene. It would be really cool to bait a big party in a fight and retreat under the walls of a castle and cause them a significant damage. We usually lose the battle and be a prisoner to a much stronger army if we get caught in the current state of the game. This feature can give us another chance when we are caught by a party. We can get rid of the enemy without being prisoner with the help of castle garrisons and cause them to leave the battle. Or the party that we are attacking can take that shelter and we wouldn't want to get close to it and we can retreat after chasing them for a while and killing some of them.

But for this to happen, towns and castles should be present in the battle scene but I couldn't see the town of Sanala in the video on the place it should be.

This is a revolutinary suggestion to an already revolutionary feature but the game will be far more greater that it already it is with the change, I strongly believe.

Edit: When I thought about it again, every castle and town needs their own unique scenes before this feature can be implemented so this feature must wait for a long time to be in game even if it got approved. But I wonder if something like this can be made in the future and want to hear devs opinions about this.
    like you really think the siege ai is going to help you win a battle, good luck
  3. Resolved Cavalry group bug 1.5.7 (bug since launch)

it happens to me too... i try to assign units to heavy cav but it just ends up splitting all cav between formation 3 and 8 and its pissing me off, not using the delegate command, i'm on 1.5.10
  4. siege towers... please

I wouldn't care at this point if they just gave up and made them all just the ramp kind.
    i would love that... those work fantastic!
  5. siege towers... please

Is you're complaining about them missing then you should know that the Realistic Battle Mod removes them. (On purpose)
    I'm complaining about the soldiers still gaggle moshing at the bottom of the ladder ones instead of climbing them, and enemy soldiers climbing down them...
  6. siege towers... please

for the love of god... how is this still not fixed I'm playing on 1.5.9 btw
  7. Cav fix?

Well, it is not necessary to exaggerate every time someone complains about how worthless cavalry is in Bannerlord. Nobody here is asking for OP cavalry like in Warband, and I suppose that most of the people just want to see cavalry being somehow decent and as useful as other units. Cavalry units are currently much harder to get/replace than infantry/archers, while less effective at the same time.
    the thing is it was OP in warband, because it didn't cost an arm and a leg, a horse, a warhorse, a ton of denars and a premier troop unit. Now it costs more and performs less. The cost of cav in this game should give them some oomph. I just dont understand how cav was so good in warband and so bad in this game, why did they fix what wasnt broken
  8. Cav fix?

I don't understand why cant they just copy and paste swadian knights ai into this game? they roflstomped everything ?
  9. Cav fix?

Is cavalry fixed yet? I haven't played since 1.5.6 i think and it looks like they still cant hit the side of a barn door and cant stay in formation while attacking... I guess i'm asking if the devs have done ANYTHING to the cav debacle in any of the last patches or have they released any plans...
  10. Inconsistent outcome and no influence on battles

dude, how??? I routinely annihilate armies twice my size and playing on realistic...
    What's your army composition? i'm assuming it cant be that crazy because you have ai lords on both sides, so it should be 50% recruit fodder for the ai, and your troops should be like tier 3+ for the majority of them. So if you get your archers in loose formation and have them on elevated ground shooting at the enemy, using cav to disrupt them, there is absolutely no way to lose...

The only thing I can think of is that you have the troop numbers set too low and you are fighting at the enemy's side of the map instead of defending yours.

Maybe take a vid of what you're doing.
  11. Tactics formations broken.

cav ai is retarded. Cav should have been able to wipe out that archer army with very little losses if it was any bit competent, in ALL scenarios. Archers are OP rn because AI is so bad at melee. Spears ****ING SUUUUUUUUUCK on foot so hard right now because there is no space to use them, I cringe when they make me use them on foot in tournaments. They are fine on horseback (as long as the AI isnt using them)
  12. Cavalry problems...

They cant hit a barn door with their spears, they dont stay in formation, they run into each other, they circle around other cav like retards instead of just swinging their sword at the enemy that is literally right in front of them. Sometimes i wonder that the only damage they are doing is...
  13. There are so many armies that are only level 1 and 2 recruits pls fix!!

I'll change it right back to 70% myself after the patch. That's what's realistic and immersive, not to mention satisfying to beat. Most armies were peasant levies with only very few professional troops.
    they arent even levies though, they dont have shields, or any armor. They literally look like they just got off the toilet somewhere and found a sword...
  14. Mercenary Contracts

Yeah, i've sworn off being in a AI controlled army, putting MY good troops into their incapable hands like 99% of the time, even as a vassal. As a merc it's much better to chase individual lords with an army of pure cav and horse archers
  15. Genghis Khan Must Have Been A Great Stewart

I mean, how else could he get his party size so high????
Back
Top Bottom