Recent content by fisheye

1. Wiping

Don't get off the steed
    Until you've finished the deed

All you standing ****ers are probably why public restrooms are covered in **** from walls to ceiling.
  2. Dungeons and Dragons "A Game of Thrones" - GM found, Game Settings in OP!

Night Ninja said:
    How about this? Every player will take turns to GM a story arc. That way, everyone gets to play and the duty (burden) of GMing is spread out equally.

The downside is that there may be a lack of continuity and/or consistency. I know I would make a terrible GM. :razz:

You guys should do this, also, warm up with some simple one-shots like routine patrols before trying to put together a grand narrative.
  3. Did you know? - Invisibility.

FrisianDude said:
    Chechen! said:
    Hopefully it wont be used for military crap.
    :lol: Of course it will.

I know I know, we can use it to make our bullets invisible!
  4. Did you know? - Invisibility.

Awesome, I can now hide tiny specks of dust.
  5. Movie Themes

I never watch Michael Bay's ****ty movies, but I recently found out that Steve Jablonsky did a good job on the Transformers score.
  6. Dungeons and Dragons "A Game of Thrones" - GM found, Game Settings in OP!

The setup for the maester's a bit odd, it seems d20's max skill limits makes 2 maesters redundant.

"I know all about everything!"
    "Me, too!"
  7. Dungeons and Dragons "A Game of Thrones" - GM found, Game Settings in OP!

Whoa, it blows that Heal is a Wis skill and the Maester's +****tons to Int feat applies only at half strength. You can't make a Dr House character.

EDIT: also, why doesn't every munchkin start with 1st level in Maester? 36 free skill points ZOMG!
  8. Let's Play: Fabled Lands - The Court of Hidden Faces

FatPope said:
    Aaaand done! Read all 167 pages of this in two nights in order to catch up. Please tell me it's still going!

The hell?  :shock:

Years later, when you are lying in your deathbed, you will think back on this and realise you'd have an extra few hours if you hadn't read that stupid dead Taleworlds thread....
  9. Dungeons and Dragons "A Game of Thrones" - GM found, Game Settings in OP!

Nemesis said:
    Devercia said:
    Let me guess, they have a chain of monsters to kill, one after the other. No RP, just grinding?

Nah, they just suck at RP and don't take it seriously at all. I mean, there's one big (fat :razz:) guy who plays a half-orc barbarian that ONLY eats. It doesn't matter what we're doing, he's always searching for food and eating. He hasn't said or done anything else yet.

Then there's a tiefling warlock who only ignites stuff. Everything he sees, he ignites.

Hahaha, that's funny, for like, 10 seconds. After that I'm laughing at everyone who's still sitting at the table with them.
  10. RIAA Wants Gov. to Delete Your Illegal Downloads

You know, it could just as easily be a codec that refuses to play if the content doesn't have proper DRM. It's so ****ing vague, the writers themselves clearly have no idea what they're talking about. Also, I can't see the part where they suggest that jackbooted nazis beat down your door and take away your children if you refuse to install government-mandated spyware.

Yelling "omigod nazis!" whenever someone even mentions any form of rights management in a document just looks silly and prejudiced, keep to the issues.
  11. RIAA Wants Gov. to Delete Your Illegal Downloads

Read the original document provided by the RIAA, it says nothing of this sort. Don't believe everything on teh Interwebs, kids.

It's just basically "wah wah wah please put more money/effort into policing content wah".
  12. son kills father because of video games

Go out and buy a new keyboard: $10

Smash your father's head in with a sledgehammer: priceless.
  13. WTF is the issue with online activations...!?

Archonsod said:
    HTAPAWASO said:
    But when you go so far as to make your game so difficult to use that it's easier to find, download and install a pirated version, something has gone wrong.

From the publisher's point of view only around 5% of the people who buy the game will hit an issue with it, and 5% of the market is not large enough to give a **** about. Particularly not if you need to pay a 3rd party for support with your DRM.

It doesn't even impact that 5%, since you have to buy the game first before you can have issues with it. It won't really hit until the publisher builds up an awesome solid reputation for ****ing up your day with ****ty DRM.
  14. WTF is the issue with online activations...!?

Dude has a point though. The activation mechanism should be just a quick "phone home and check that this serial number has not been revoked", not coupled with all kinds of crap like an entire stand alone game distribution system. It's supposed to be a lightweight security feature, it should behave like one.
  15. A Question of the legality of ROMS

D'Sparil said:
    Apparently not, since Archonsod just said:
    Archonsod said:
    The only tricky part regarding the law would be if you were downloading the ROM image itself. Assuming you dump the bios and use the existing disks to make your own image you're not doing anything illegal. They cannot force you to use specific hardware when they license you software, much as Microsoft and Sony probably wish otherwise.

Bugmanina said:
    find an emulator and a ROM for the game?

He's declared his intention to "find a ROM".

So, unless he means "walk the earth until it miraculously appears at his feet", I think we can reasonably assume he's going to download from the ROM sites.
Back
Top Bottom