Recent content by federally

1. Resolved Sturgian Shock Troops don't have round shields

I have been informed that this issue has been fixed. Thanks for reporting!

Awesome!
  2. Am I missing something? (with regards to obtaining vassels)

Wondering if this has changed with any of the updates. Lords that left my kingdom would be ones I've brought in without any fiefs. They left just the same as the ones that came in with fiefs.

Getting them feifs needs to be a priority for you.

Don't recruit lords unless you are going to have the opportunity to get them a feif pretty quickly
  3. How is the game now?

TaleWorlds has patched stability issues.

That's it.

They haven't added any content of value to the game since release
  4. 1.4.1's Broken Diplomacy - and what we can learn from it

This kinda depress me. We really, really need a robust Auto-calc system that we can trust is giving thorough results. Defeats the point of a strategy game if the battle determinations are too simplistic

The patch notes mention they improved it for 1.4.1, but I haven't seen anyone mention figuring out how they improved it.

I know prior to this patch it was pretty pathetic in how simple it was
  5. More armor and shields, please. A lot more. Hell, let us craft armor while at that.

There are a lot of armor. This armor just never appears in shops.

Rough furs over chain is my jam.

But you can only get it from cheat mode
  6. Sneaking into town - how?

What significant punishment are you speaking of, exactly? The punishment is actually very reasonable in my opinion. A few days lost, some criminal rating (whatever that is), a little bit of optional ransom, and off you go.

You lose your entire party.

That's the absurd punishment.

Your troops just evaporate into thin air
  7. Oh no, just had a hotfix this morning which knobbled all my mods

Yeah I noticed after getting the first attack speed perk I was missing my attacks a lot more and now they added another one without fixing the first thats crazy.

Especially since the problem is a misplaced decimal point
  8. Why is negative influence a thing?

Yeah, it is a bit punishing.

Just FYI, you can call in companion parties to your army for 0 influence and it costs 0 influence to increase cohesion. So you can keep them forever.

You can still get decent influence from donating troops.

But donating troops isn't really an accessible option. I need troops in my party, so it's full all the time. If I don't have a feif I can't store my troops anywhere, and if I have a feif it's garrison should already be pretty full so again places to put high tier soldiers is limited.

Further training soldiers is absurdly slow, so grabbing some recruits and training them up a little bit so I can donate them for influence would be incredibly time consuming.

So yes, donating to garrisons is a way to get influence, but the opportunities to do it effectively are so few.
  9. SP - General Field Drills to Train Troops (and level Medicine)

Personally, I don't care too much for the training field mod because it is only passive gameplay, which is boring. I have a passive option in my suggestion for those who want it, but in my opinion it is much more fun to actually play the game while leveling your troops instead of sitting and watching the day pass by as your troop exp numbers tick.

Fair point
  10. Sneaking into town - how?

This whole "feature" is a joke. The punishment for failure is so incredibly significant. Why would anyone ever do this without save scumming?

How is this idea even supposed to be a fun gameplay conceit with interesting results?
  11. Insane war strategies.

You use the word "strategy" in your title. That implies that the AI thinks or considers anything at all.

You're giving the game way too much credit lol
  12. Why is negative influence a thing?

Negative influence makes some sense, instead of people owing you favors you owe them favors.

But in gameplay it's real dumb.

I understand that influence inflation needed to be addressed, really badly. However TW's reaction was to go and gut two major sources of influence. Leaving the player in a really crappy position.

I understand that the passive source, Council of Commons, really needed the nerf. However why take away the active sources of influence, donating prisoners. Why not design your game to actually encourage players to play it and engage with more systems?

All they did in the end was reinforce the concept that the only way to reliably get influence is through passive means, they just changed which passive means and slowed down how much you get.
  13. What's the Point of Siege Defense?

I think the problem you've identified is due to the way territory often changes hands back and forth, over and over. Or it trades between multiple settlements.

So a successful siege doesn't get you much. Because your new castle/city starts off with 50 defenders and every ai party on the map knows this immediately and begins to move to come take it.

So I just think the problem here is so much more significant, and shows how really empty this game is inside.

There really needs to be a cycle of war and peace, conquest and consolidation. However there is literally nothing for the player to do during peace time, so peace is boring. As well the game economy is really divorced from reality, because it's more profitable to be at war than it is to be at peace

So the game needs moments of peace, to add weight and significance to the results of wars, however there are zero systems that exist that make peace interesting at all.
  14. SP - General Does TW really intend a campaign to last multiple generations?

It seems like TW intends campaigns to last multiple generations. However I really don't see any game systems that support this and I don't see any progress towards actually making this worth doing for the player. As it stands now if you start a campaign from scratch with a new character, by the...
Back
Top Bottom