Recent content by Fahai Nolove

1. How to Set Hero Death

I enabled hero death in my game setting.

And by printing a whole bunch of info, I found out the decision of death/injury is actually made before OnRegisterBlow().

There is a method called GetAgentState(Agent affectorAgent, Agent agent, DamageTypes damageType) being called before OnRegisterBlow, which is deciding the death/injury of the knocked out agent. However, this method does not take damage value as a parameter, so the hero death could not be deterministic on dmg received.

Still trying to figure out which method calls the GetAgentState() method.
  2. How to Set Hero Death

Working on a mod that involves deterministic hero death. However, the hero NPCs are always set to wound after I used "Agent.Die()" on that hero at OnRegisterBlow(). Does anyone know where my code is overridden?
  3. Resolved General [1.7.2] Loading any mods with dlls before Native causes siege engine placement icons to be not visible

Just reiterating my question from two weeks ago - at this point it feels like the developers are ghosting us.

Not really asking for anything more than a progress update. Transparency makes us more understanding.

• Has the root cause of issue been identified?
    • If it has, do they have a fix?
    • What is the ETA of deploying said fix via a Hotfix?
    • Anything we as a modding community can do to help progress this?
    Well. The current fix is to click around the location that the siege engines are "supposed" to be at, and you will see the menu to select the siege engine to build. LOL.
  4. Help Needed on Locating Harmony-ed Script

I am working on my new Mod that tries to re-write the battle kill/knockout mechanism using the Harmony patch, but I am having difficulties locating the scripts governing this decision. Does anyone know which module is doing this work? or some ways to find such a script?
  5. Need More Info “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine"

Start to have this issue again in 1.8.0.

One of my NPC companions leveled up abnormally, and then it start to really lag. Eventually, the game CTD returns the lock_texture failed error.
  6. Increasing the death rate of characters

Like this idea.

Besides, there is a mod called "AI Values Life" doing this feature, but it could be incompatible with some updates.
  7. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Hi,
    Is that just me or everyone else have that as well, the game constantly crashes when trying to sort items in the shop interface after updating to 1.6.0?
  8. Companions dying..

Pity you dont get that expensive gear from dead companions even if you win the battle.

Well, actually you can manual remove the expensive gear from dead companions at the looting interface. :wink:

Just a little tip in case you did not notice.
  9. SP - General A Little Suggestion on Casualty/Wound Mechanism

The current system determining the death or wounded is loved-or-hated by different people, so I wonder why we can't make some sliders to give players the right to adjust the casualty rate to the level they prefer? For example, all units - including enemy troopers, NPC lords, companions, and...
  10. Companions dying..

I have to agree, who thought it was a good idea to start killing off companions? I didn't see any option to disable this when I started a new campaign recently - there was an option to prevent deaths and births, but nothing about preventing companion deaths. I want to play the game the way it was until this update; with deaths and births 'on' but without my companions dying and having to constantly shop around for a new scout/doctor/engineer/etc.

Well, I actually do feel adding casualties to comparisons provide a great aspect of immersion. Although it feels sorrow to have my favorite companion killed in battle, it reminds me that companions should be treated better, and they should not be commanded to banzai charge into the ocean of enemies.

Different players may definitely have different perspectives of appreciation of the game, so it could be better to add one more toggle to make the game experience more customizable. (For me, I would like companions and NPC lords have an equal chance of death as all other troop units XD)
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

With the same m
    have you tried to drive Sturgian/Vlandian heavy lance through their faces? 1-4 lords often die in major engagements in my experience.
    besides what does it mean "overpopulation" kids can't fight, which means you need to wait 18 years before lordly offsprings take the field if they even do that, cause not all lords lead armies, some of them are governors of castles or towns.

From my experience, we have less casualty than that. Indeed the kids cannot fight right away, but they are not vanishing either. eventually, they will leads the army and flood the map after 30 years (am I the only one played for that long? XD).
  12. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

The current casualty rate is absolutely out-grown by the birth rate, as all lords will have multiple children but rarely killed on the battleground.
    To have the option of enabling KIA of all NPC is a great approach to balancing the population, and it offers more fun by adding weight to NPCs' lives. Therefore, I wonder if it is possible to add a "hardcore mode" that makes player, NPC companion, and NPC lords almost as fragile as any trivial recruited militia. (Not like now, NPCs will be chopped down way more times than a valentia militia)

Since all characters including the soldiers and NPC lords and players are using the same armor system, we can determine death using the damage overflows - for example, all characters will be KIA in battle if the damage received exceeds 150% of the maximum hitpoints. Because of the better armor quality, NPC lords would still survive more than a peasant militia, but not by much, which is more realistic. With the same mechanic, the player has to be more cautious early game as the inferior armor could cause more casualty, and the player can be more adventurous in the later game as being protected better.
  13. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

I wonder how is the outcome of death on the battlefield is determined. Ever since I used the cheat mode to equip the best armors for my NPCs, they never died in battle. Comparing to my previous games, NPC would be KIA no matter what my medical skill is.
Back
Top Bottom