Collision body:
    b3mWELk.png
    https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/ram-799c4632e769400e91791e32013b2931

Download link:
    https://mega.nz/#!ipAFDCoA!kx6G4E41VJ26IR-wzLaXW6JnyEYR2Ts_lE_aDLcznXQ

Have you used native assets in your submission?:
    nope

Pb599FR.png

By submitting this work I agree to the rules and regulations of this contest.
  2. Exima

[MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [February 2019][3D Art]

I just found out that 2.8 has improved cloth simulation.
    So I pimped my trebuchet.

Forum username: Exima
    Submission name: PimpMyTrebuchet
    WIP screenshots:
    idk what i'm supposed to put in as WIP so
    Animation.gif

or if you wanna do the turny thing yourself:
    https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/trebuchet-a8ebe96c876643cb91965b26588fe0de
    Download link:
    LinkMydude

A few words to explain stuff:
    So this object has 22.056 Polygons. That is quite alot.
    Performance in Warband (and pretty much all game engines) works primarily around collision. Polygons are actually no problem, if they don't collide.

This is why I've made a collision body for this trebuchet. Instead of 22.056 Polygons, the Collision body has 430.
    This means, the game actually only has to raycast onto 430 polygons, and the rest are just visual.

Texturewise:
    The Trebuchet has only 1 real texture, which is the Diffuse map. I've reduced the Normal & Specular maps to 64x64
    This is because I'm using a technique called "Light baking" which allows me to utilize shaders like Ambient Occlusion and Pathtraced Shadows, and insert them directly onto the Diffusemap.
    Normally the downside is the 2048x2048 Diffuse texture needed to have high fidelity in the object.

I've found a way around that issue:
    Normally, a model relies on 3 Textures: Diffuse for color, Specular for reflection, and Normalmap for depth.
    Luckily, my Trebuchet is 99% Wood, which is basically unreflective and allows me to throw the Specular map out the window and put the saved performance into the Diffuse map.
    The normalmap i got rid of, by using high fidelity normalmapping while lightbaking, allowing me to fake depth in the diffuse texture. Again, saved performance went into the Diffusemap.

Basically, this is just an explanation for anyone curious why 1 texture is gigantic, while the others are miniscule.
    you don't have to actually change anything when implementing the model - the workflow stays the same.

______________________________ edit _____________________
    23.02.19 - I neato'ed up my transparency work, so i updated the dl.
    looks like this now (the shadow on the ground is from sketchfab):
    unknown.png
  3. Exima

[MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [February 2019][3D Art]

Forum username: Exima
    Submission name: Thing
    WIP screenshots:
    PcJBeKy.png

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!elAWFC5J!JTHJhkuomItlCCdJopxLdznnogcBQ2VLH1XWGX5pT5A
    Have you used native assets in your submission?: no

4. Exima

B Tutorial 2D PBR Workflow program overview (or: Can I do this for free?)

My best advice for people who use wings, and not blender, is:

Wait until Blender 2.8 is out. It's probably gonna come out earlier than bannerlord, and the UI learning curve in 2.8 is going to be WAY better.

On top of that, and that's the big one, blender 2.8 will feature a realtime PBR rendering engine, same as Bannerlord, with all the tools you could ever wish for, including PBR texture painting.
  5. Exima

[MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [October 2018][3D Art]

Yo!
    I didn't have time to make an entirely new shield, but I found an old one on my PC that could fit in here, so I polished up the textures a bit.
    It probably doesn't fit the theme, but ey - noone said the dude who wants the shield was European ayy :grin:
    Now the Shield does have some damage, which doesn't fit the theme, but out of artistic freedom I didn't want to remove the scratches because they make for neato detail ^^

All the textures I used were either generated/photographed by me, or textures.com in case of some decals

I also have no idea how to get stuff into warband, so I'm just gonna do this:

3d Preview
    Screenshot.png

Download Link

edit (forgot to add this ^^)
  6. Exima

Export obj settings for warband?

try triangulating the faces : )
  7. Exima

OSP 3D Art My 3d model dump.

- edit -
    added some carts
    Dg97Kpp.png
  8. Exima

Does an OSP like this exist?

I wouldn't click on it...

his signature looks scary...
    Fblprwh.jpg
  9. Exima

well of course I can 3d model bows, but the problem with bows is, that they need to be put into warband somehow...

like, I have no idea how I would put this bow into warband.

SKe4E6E.gif

I can model it sure, I can animate it aswell, but implementing?  :ohdear:

but hey- if you want it, I've put the .obj and textures in the osp. why not :grin:
  10. Exima

kk thanks mydud, my engrish isn't the best. >_>

Alright, If you're interested in sci fi stuff... Just don't say I didn't warn you :grin:
    most of the stuff is Star wars (Tie Fighters - consoles, **** like that)
    And possibly some stuff I did for Bear Force 2 (I won't post all of it though as i don't wanna piss off
    the guy who leads the mod ^^)
  11. Exima

Yo ma duds wat up it's yaboi. I've got some minty fresh OSP for you. So. I've been cleaning my PC lately and being the self centered Person I am, I of course told everyone on Discord. People told me why not get all my old stuff onto forum, so that's what I'm doing here. I'll only upload...
  12. Exima

Cubemaps and faking physical based rendering

Okay, I've heard a lot of different stuff from different people about this topic so I wanna make a thread about it: Is it possible, to add cubemap reflections on stuff and fake physical based rendering that way? As of now, every time I make a model and I don't want the stupid last gen highlight...
  13. Exima

[Free Software] Awesome Bump

holy ****... this looks REALLY interesting...

Thanks for letting us know!
  14. Exima

Official 3D art thread - Warband

A little Statue for patreon donators in Bear Force which is going to be displayed on a few maps

GCMEyKE.jpg

If you want you can take a look at it here.
    https://sketchfab.com/models/5dd488995155489caca246c1459e6a7a

All the textures are baked from Cycles so there's just a Diffuse texture and it's unshaded with colors set to 1.

plz give critizism : )
  15. Exima

Vyrn Ras Ovan! (Vyrn is recruiting!)

Well what kind of lore is it?

Viking age is pretty interesting, lots of nice looking swords there, the RPG aspect is also interesting, even though I don't understand how that could work in Warband...

Is the lore still just scribbles or a fully fleshed out one I can look at online?
Back
Top Bottom