Recent content by EverKira

1. EverKira

Do you enjoy smithing?

I do think that the ability to smith armor is one major missing feature.
    Theoretically? yes.

Practically? Hell no. Have you seen how many pieces of armor are available in this game? With the way smithing is working now, you have to win the random lottery to get good pieces to craft or spend 93% of your playthrough resting in town or smelting armor just to get a helmet that isn't a sack cloth with eyeholes.
  2. EverKira

Do you enjoy smithing?

The best thing about Smithing is that I can make a glaive that is couchable. I no longer need a second polearm for sieges and field battles. Never have to worry about if I screwed up and now I have to just drop a useless weapon if I went into a siege with a lance. Ooooh I'm poking your shield with a lance while I stand still!

However it takes an absolutely absurd amount of time to get all the plans needed to make these weapons and that is a huuuuuuge negative that makes it unenjoyable.
  3. EverKira

Walk it off

While reading the latest Beta patch notes I saw that they fixed a bug with the "Walk It Off" perk, so to do my due diligence I made sure to build a character who would select this perk. I got to 50 medicine pretty easily, but didn't really notice a marked improvement in the healing rate of other...
  4. EverKira

Leveling skills is tedious and unbalanced

That's very subjective. I don't think murdering villagers and selling their cloth should make me a supply and demand genius. I think trading is fine as it is, just add caravan/workshop xp and multiply normal trading xp.
    I was really trying to point out that the section of the gameplay loop: fighting battles, getting loot, selling loot to fund future battles, doesn't give any xp at all. I can understand your argument that it wouldn't make you a supply and demand savant, but it should still give you some xp somewhere which is why I mentioned roguery.
  5. EverKira

Leveling skills is tedious and unbalanced

First: A lot of the things that should give XP for several skills just don't give any XP at all. Selling loot should give Trade or Roguery XP. It gives neither. Levelling troops up should give Leadership XP because good leaders train up their commands. It gives nothing.,

Second: There shouldn't be a hard cap. You should get a massive skill XP penalty. Like .01% of the overall XP once you are over what is currently the hard cap that gets slightly lower ever skill level over this cap.

Third: I should be able to pick any available perk every 25 skill levels. You still have to have unlocked the perks by reaching their tier, but sometimes the lower tier option I didn't pick is better than the higher tier options.

I understand that I might be the only one who wants the last two points but I think both would improve the game incredible.
  6. EverKira

Is the dynasty mechanic wasted feature and is it also the reason fast paced combat agenda pushed by TW?

The issue is that, as far as dynasties go, the map is too small. Dynasties require a diplomatic system that this game just cannot give. The issue is this: the game is too fast, even with a very short year (or because of how short the year is*), for it to be a multi-generational build to an entire dynasty. The map is tiny. I've talked before about how quickly you can circumnavigate it. If you just started the game at Sargoth, went south to the desert, hit every city going around the Mediterranean-esque sea, up the eastern edge of the map, across the frozen wastes of the north, and back around to Sargoth in less than a month. In the Middle Ages, without ship travel it would have taken years to trek across the northern edge of Africa, up the Levant, all the way to the north sea, back across the northern edge of continental Europe back to Spain. Maybe a decade depending on setbacks and such.

This is a tiny world. Conquering it doesn't take centuries. Conquering Brittany in Crusader Kings takes decades if you don't start as a kingdom. That's 6 fiefs. There are 120 fiefs in Bannerlord that can be besieged but the game can be conquered in less than 30 in game years.

*If it were a longer year they could slow movement speed to make the world feel larger but if it took half a month to get from Ocs Hall to Charas as it would if the the travel were mapped to France (Ocs Hall sitting to the northeast but not all the way on the coast maps well to Paris and Charas on the southern coast maps well to Marseille). 16 days for a single traveler to cover 481 miles on a horse is fairly good travel time before cars or trains or carriages even. But with the shortened year that is an 8th of the entire year.
  7. EverKira

Castle placement makes no sense.

Not to mention the villages tied to castles or even named for castles that are so far away it would take days to get a relief force there.. Looking at you Erzenur...
  8. EverKira

Leadership

Leadership is such a nigh impossible thing to level without calling armies forever. Recruiting troops is currently the only way early game to level leadership. Leadership will also level up if you get your morale to over 75 for a prolonged period but getting this high for very long is very...
  9. EverKira

It's called MOUNT & Blade for a reason... or is it?

So, seriously. I am trying to analyze, which method is preferrable from the gameplay point o view, regardless of roleplaying, lore and culture background factors.

Mounted combat pros and cons:

+ Girls love horses and riders.

- Girls may not like the odor.
  10. EverKira

Resolved After updating to 1.7.2 Game will not launch

The only thing that works to open the game is going through the singleplayer launcher
  11. EverKira

Resolved After updating to 1.7.2 Game will not launch

Summary: Updated to Beta 1.7.2, game won't launch How to Reproduce: Update on steam, game won't launch even after validating, restarting, dropping back to 1.7.1 and reupdating Have you used cheats and if so which: Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video): Computer Specs: OS: Windows...
  12. EverKira

The Story Needs a rewrite.

Nice post. I like your suggestions. The campaign story is so uninteresting that I never really played "campaign" even when Sandbox didn't exist for Bannerlord. I just ignored the story and went on with my playthrough. Didn't seem to need pieces of a banner or whatever to play as I wanted to. A rework of the campaign story would be nice but not necessary as far as I'm concerned as I hardly ever play campaigns.
    That was why I included the option to sell the first piece and just cut out on the main quest.
  13. EverKira

To the first point, about the Neretzes Hei, yes and no

If you read all the talks the imperial does are simple: Drusos Neretzes, the old Emperor before Arenicos, disgraced the Empire by loosing not only the campaign (which by the timeline, indicates the empire was in a deep crisis) but also the old Banner of their Hero and Founder. The split on the campaign is due to the indecision of Arenicos Pethros to marry Ira to someone powerful or give her the support for the Empire, or simply choose another heir (probably he hope for a son, soon), the Istiana thing, she was a spymaster, so she had connections and since working directly for the Emperor I'd say access to funds to do her plots as long didn't connect to him, maybe she was the one that easier the way for Arenicos' murder, that I'd love to know about.

That's what I think, the clan Neretzes is disgraced therefore to not face execution or exile as would be the norm (Roman Empire) they gave their support to another in hopes to restore their power one time

But I agree with you, they should elaborate deeper
    Which Emperor was Istinia a spymaster for? If it was Neretzes the she was a bad spymaster because she failed to uncover the trap plot that led to Neretzes Folly. Really either way she should either still be employed as a spymaster or her successor would have made sure she got an early retirement.

And the current counterpart to Istinia was just a guard. There's no way in hell he could fund or lead a conspiracy from his retirement home in Marunath.
  14. EverKira

I have several issues with the story as it is currently written. I don't believe that Istinia or her counterpart would have enough influence/power/money to fund and lead a massive conspiracy. I know that they play far too important a role to be scrapped completely. Issue 2: I don't believe the...
  15. EverKira

Resolved [e1.7.0 Beta] Parade gives the loyalty bonus to all settlements

Summary: Parade gives the +5 loyalty bonus to every settlement you enter and not just settlements you control. How to Reproduce: Have Parade unlocked and go to any settlement Have you used cheats and if so which: Added focus and attribute points so that I could quickly try out the new Charm...
Back
Top Bottom