Recent content by Ethik Mantis

1. Ethik Mantis

SP Native Enhanced Arena Armors

Hello. Tournaments in Mount & Blade are supposed to be all about celebration, festivity and competitiveness, but the original armors don't portray that, not even in the slightest. So i've re-textured the armors, helmets and shields to give a more of a visual feel about what tournaments are all...
  2. Ethik Mantis

B Native Enhanced Menus

I like the way you solved the loading image to hide the white_plane mesh, just a point about the instructions.
    Don't replace anything from the base game, TW provided other ways to do this without replacing original files:

- 'core_ui_meshes.brf' should be dropped into "..\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*\Resource", as long as it keeps the same name, the game engine will take it into account and will ignore the one from the CommonRes folder, Swyter said it here, too. The same happens with all the ones that start with 'core_', it is not necessary to add them to module.ini, as it happens with the rest of brf's if we want to replace some mesh, texture, whatever.
    - 'ui.csv' should be dropped into "..\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*\languages\en" in the case of using the English language.

Run your tests.
    Maybe your contribution should be in: 'The Forge - Mod Development'

I guess i shoulda taken better care, i can definetely see this being used by other modders to help revamp the look of the game.
    Thanks for the heads up. I've also updated the main post.
  3. Ethik Mantis

[B] Expanded Horizons

Hi, gonna revive this with a bug question.. When i enter a village/town/castle or a battle map that loads the plains textures, i get the following error:

Unable to open texture file: Textures/op_plains_far.dds (EDX-1)

And yes, i've got the texture file in the mod/texture folder, i triple checked.

Any solutions?
  4. Ethik Mantis

B Native Enhanced Menus

Hi. I've edited the game's main and loading menus, with a new progress bar. Download Link Preview: Installation: - Backup your default files. I cannot be held accountable if you mess anything up. - Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\*MODULE-NAME*" folder and look for...
  5. Ethik Mantis

Loading bar in the loading menu.. is it a DDS file? [SOLVED]

That's probably getting handled in the brf file, there are two meshes, a full one and an empty one connected with it.

This is correct. Ive edited the actual progression bar with the brfeditor.
    I have also managed to work around the dark shader in the save game loading menu, used an image with a dark gradient to 'disguise' the shader.
    I will mark the thread as solved and post a link to the mod later once it has been reviewed and accepted.

Cheers fellas.
  6. Ethik Mantis

it is in interface.dds

file.5.PNG

But I don't know why the handle can become red

The first loading screen with the progress bar is done, i took care of it with the help of Eärendil the Mariner
    The only problem i have now is in the second loading screen with the dark shader, where in the hell am i gonna find the shader texture, assuming it is a texture even..
  7. Ethik Mantis

Ah, I see, you want to remove the loading bar completely, don't you? Then you have two options:

1) You click on the above mentioned meshes and move them down in openbrf via rightclick and then 'Roto-translate-rescale'.
    2) You rename the two meshes to 'old_***' or 'original_***' and put there two empty meshes (so at which you can't see anything) with their names instead.

2) would perhaps be the better solution since you can then always easily come back to the loading bar again.

Alright, i've resolved one issue. Here's the preview of the main loading screen:
    LOAD.png

Now the other issue is this:
    jhjhkhj.png

That black shadow across the screen, i couldn't find it in the .brf file that had the progress bar, however this shadow is not from any load bar, it's just there so the "loading" text could be readable.. Any ideas?
    Cheers.
  8. Ethik Mantis

Look up the brf core_ui_meshes in your mod, there the Meshes progressbar and progressbar_handle. They are calling the material ui_over which is calling the texture interface. So the texture interface.dds should be what you are looking for.

Thanks for the help.
    Now, 2 questions arise:
    - First, the interface.dds file has some parts with a black background and some parts with a white background, to remove the progress bar texture should i apply a white background or a black background? And if i do this and save the file will it not 'corrupt' the other elements?
    - The second question is: would it not be easier to just remove the line (in the brf file) that calls for such textures to be displayed?
  9. Ethik Mantis

Hello, last time i've been here was in 2011.. Anyways i'm changing the loading menus but there are a couple bits that i can't remove or change, for example the red loading bar in the loading menu that loads the game into the main menu and the dark shader in the loading menu that loads the save...
  10. Ethik Mantis

I knew this was coming, but is there any solution? [WON]

Ozgoth, a long forgotten drip of Celian's dry blood, has come to Calradia...
  11. Ethik Mantis

Feasts / Hunts

JosieJ said:
    There are no hunts.  Maybe the devs were planning for there to be hunts at some point, but they didn't get included in the game.

Ain't he talking about the campaigns?
  12. Ethik Mantis

Just how the heck do you play with a spear?

annallia said:
    Kretti said:
    EDIT: Besides, the spear in Warband is more of a support-weapon, rather than something you get a ton of kills with.

That is precisely why I want it, remove the temptation to run full bore into a line and start hacking away but still have something to defend myself with... also something with a bit more reach to take down enemy cav.

Think of it more as a Rhodok Seargant without the little hammer of doom.

Get the heavy iron war axe, pretty short, so you should only use it while on foot, but it's deadly, good to use on one on twenty kinda combat - This, refering to the different weapon feeling, not for taking down enemy cavalry
  13. Ethik Mantis

That's just.. Poor little man

Fruitcake said:
    hehehehe you guys might sometimes complain about the horse charge damage but when the damage knocks out a vaegier recruit, Im one happy warlord +)

The only recruits i can't stand are the ones with the god damned forks, stupid little non-soldiers, pointing their giant forks at me, tryin' to take my eyes out.
  14. Ethik Mantis

Fruitcake said:
    Ethik Mantis said:
    Sven-Mjolnir said:
    Captured Joe said:
    WHAT?!? You call me a NORD? :evil: I'm a brainless suicidal Swadian! And I'm proud of it!
    then why make a poem againts horses? your power relys mostly on mounted knights, you swadian scum

Well, i'm a nord, but, the swadian knight sucks a** on top of a horse, they miss half of their swings, but while on foot, god damn, they kill'em all.

Really because I bring Swadian knights and they absolutely cluster **** everything standing in their way when their on a horse. Maybe you just arent leading them properly. :lol:

I ain't leading them properly because i ain't using 'em  :mrgreen: Well, sometimes they kill properly
  15. Ethik Mantis

Sven-Mjolnir said:
    Captured Joe said:
    WHAT?!? You call me a NORD? :evil: I'm a brainless suicidal Swadian! And I'm proud of it!
    then why make a poem againts horses? your power relys mostly on mounted knights, you swadian scum

Well, i'm a nord, but, the swadian knight sucks a** on top of a horse, they miss half of their swings, but while on foot, god damn, they kill'em all.
Back
Top Bottom