Recent content by esjb

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Great update!
  2. Map making with WarbandMapManager. Half Denmark disappearing

Occasionally the border movements get bugged. Normally, changing the numbers in module.ini to something approximately correct and reloading, unbugs it, allowing movement of the borders again in the editor. Also, remember the B key in selection mode toggles map bounds on and off.

I tried changing it to 200 and -200 but still cant drag and drop. I suppose I have to just try and error until I find something decent
  3. Map making with WarbandMapManager. Half Denmark disappearing

Oh. I figured out that I have to make a new map before importing my own map to get the new size. It's better now. I ran into another issue though. I saw in the tutorial that I could move the red border (the one deciding how far on the map you can go) by by clicking on the castle icon on the bottom left and then click and drag the border. That doesn't work though. I suppose I either misunderstand it, its a bug or some setting that I can change? Anyone that knows? I suppose I could just randomly change the numbers in the module.ini by trial and error but that would never be as precise, so it would be nice if I someone was able to help solve my editor issue.
  4. Map making with WarbandMapManager. Half Denmark disappearing

As I said: 1 pixel in the colour map for 1 triangle in your warband map.
    If your warband map is say 400x400 triangles, use 400x400 pixels in your colour map.
    I don’t know what map size you’ve specified in Thorgrims configuration file.

So I changed the Warband map to MapWidth=1200 and MapHeight=960 but there is no difference
  5. [BUGS] - A place to report bugs to prevent duplicate posts

Bug Description: Game crashes
    How To Reproduce The Bug: Take mission to kill army of poachers by Gerotheon the wool weawer in the city Lycaron.
    How Often The Bug Occurs: Every time I do that mission from that guy in that town. Happend to my friend aswell
    Quest Name: Army of poachers
    NPC Name: Gerotheon the wool weawe
    Save Playtime(How long you've played that save/What day you're on): Summer 18 1086

Edit. It crashes whatever quest I take in that town. I just thought it was the poacher quest since that's the quest my friend crashed on aswell

2nd edit. I I accidentally saved the game looking for the name to report the bug and therefore my save seems to be broken. Keeps crashing wherever I goes and even if I choose to wait there for some time :sad: One weird thing I noticed is that the time left on the quest says -3 days.
    Screenshot
  6. [BUGS] - A place to report bugs to prevent duplicate posts

I found a bug that is similar to the permanent loading in Pen Cannoc. Its in Baltakhand, but instead of loading forever the game crashes instantly when talking to a person or trying to walk around the town.

Another thing I noticed was when fighting inside the village of Abou khih there is an invisible wall in the middle of the battle. There is a jungle so it could be on purpose but in that case it looks really wierd with an invisible wall like that.
  7. Game loads forever in Pen Cannoc

Greetings. So I discovered a bug. When I try to talk to the guys giving quests in Pen Cannoc the game wont stop loading. Same goes for trying to walk around the city. dosnt matter how many times I try to restart it. Everything else seems to work fine there though I also noticed that the first...
  8. Exact time of release

I talked with a developer two days ago. He said they dident know exactly but he thought somewhere midday turkish time.
  9. Will the game be available to prepurchase before 31st?

I asked Callum a whie ago. It wont be
  10. Map making with WarbandMapManager. Half Denmark disappearing

As I said: 1 pixel in the colour map for 1 triangle in your warband map.
    If your warband map is say 400x400 triangles, use 400x400 pixels in your colour map.
    I don’t know what map size you’ve specified in Thorgrims configuration file.

Oh yeah I misunderstood. Thanks
  11. Do you enjoy mods with big maps?

you are under the impression that a bigger world (read more places like towns/castles/etc with longer travel speed) must follow Native Warband rules, which is not the case. Native is just one game, one ruleset. The mod can do whatever he wants with his own game rules.

There is no reason to have quests that make you travel the world for little gain, unless the modder wishes for that or the game is bad balanced. It is not a map problem. Its a design problem.

Even if the quests reward scales with the distance you travel you are still on the wrong side of the map in the end. What do you mean with bigger world doesn't need to equal longer travel times? You want a map with just a ****ton of towns and villages crowded together? That would be terrible
  12. Map making with WarbandMapManager. Half Denmark disappearing

The importer on Thorgrim’s Map Editor determines the predominant colour/terrain for each triangle. If go go from a high resolution colour map to a very low resolution warband map, you are asking for trouble. It works best with one pixel in the colour map for each triangle in the warband map to avoid confusion. I recommend you reduce the resolution of your colour map and reimport it.

What resolution do you recommend me using? I was told in the tutorial to use a high res picture
  13. Do you enjoy mods with big maps?

but why? Unless you are talking about a badly balanced mod that forces you to travel around the world, which is beyond the point, as that is not about the "size" of the map (read number of regions/towns/castles available + travel time/speed).

Lets say you have Europe as the map. You can spend your campaign inside England, doing some attacks/raids around France and Ireland/Scotland. You dont need to go to Spain to do quests for lords there, or Italy, or Poland ... those regions would be there for future campaigns or as places you can lead the royal army for wars, or places you can lead your warband for raiding before going back home (viking style :grin:)

As mentioned earlier and also above its about the design to make the campaign not a grind experience.

Of course if you define a fun end game as a map where you can conquer 100%, then yes, having a massive amount of places to conquer would be a drag and and you should avoid those kind of mods.

The thing is if quests forces you to travel all over the world. and when you arrive with your quest you either have to waste loads of time traveling back to the place of the world were you are playing or keep doing quests were you happen to be which leads to relations not mattering. I don't really mind world conquest since its so repetitive. In fact I only done a world conquest once :smile:
  14. Map making with WarbandMapManager. Half Denmark disappearing

Hello! So I,m currently working on a mod for Mount & Blade Warband that takes place in Scandinavia. I,m using this tutorial to make the map but I ran into an issue. After implementing my colormap into the map manager I noticed that the Sweden and Denmark is connected even if the water is quite...
  15. Do you enjoy mods with big maps?

is that a problem tho? You dont need to conquer the entire map, and it adds replay-ability by letting you try different regions of the map. So it is up to the player goal, as if your endgame = conquer all, then it is not a mod you will enjoy. But if you are fine with ruling one nation and fight wars with neighbors, send raiding parties to distance lands, or join a crusade or two, then the huge map works for that.

the quest issue could be solved by a different design that takes distance under consideration. Mod has its own rules for a quest and can do whatever they want with them, from removing, editing to adding new ones.

If you just want to wage war as a king I suppose it doesn't matter to much but if you like me enjoys to start of as a wanderer and work your way up it makes a lot of your early game work useless since that's were you build up relations with people all over the map. Also I just don't see a reason to have a massive map. What value does it add on its own? Maps like AWOIF and The Last Days of the Third Age, is fine since its actually fills a purpose even if you don't end up using half the map, but those Europe conversions I find pointless or even negative since its just becomes a burden
Back
Top Bottom