Recent content by EmptyPepsiCans

1. SP - UI Make hovering over a weapon compare equipped weapons of the same *class* (not just the same type)

we absolutly need this.
    I think so too, but MRay misunderstood the suggestion and that was that. Maybe somebody will do it as a mod sometime.
  2. This game sucks

It's one of the biggest frustrations that a community has ever experienced. This game had a potential, but it sucks. Devs are incompetent, the job is unfinished, the boss doesn't give a damn, and seems like no one knows what to do. <snip>
    Oh, settle down. In its current state it's abut a 7/10. The developers might get that number higher and they might not. The modders will definitely get it higher. But regardless, if all work of any kind stopped today Bannerlord would be a pretty average title.
  3. SP - UI Make hovering over a weapon compare equipped weapons of the same *class* (not just the same type)

Still a good idea a year later
    That mod somehow didn't understand the concept, so...
  4. Waiting for mods to catch up

This comes across as really entitled. The modders will catch up when they catch up but they have jobs and stuff, y'know? Until they do there are tens of thousands of other games you can play.
  5. How are You Feeling About Bannerlord and TaleWorlds for the Future?

BL is a decent game. The developers have the potential to make it good. The modders have the potential to make it great. I wouldn't mind if they moved the process along a bit faster, but I'm not going to have a heart attack over it. I'm never going to have a shortage of other things to do.
  6. 1.8.0 Player feedback thread

Thanks for the recall feature on NPCs. That's a significant improvement, but don't stop now!

Now please give us the following:

• A post office in every city. The PC can go there, pay to send a letter, specify where the letter should be delivered, and pick it up there. That would allow us to communicate more easily with NPCs and wouldn't break immersion in any way. (The fact that there's no post is itself immersion breaking).
    • The option - as a noble, mercenary, or ruler - to keep a messenger on staff. The messenger could track down the person you wish to speak to, get a reply, and bring it back to you. (So a post office, but more convenient). The messenger would have an upkeep cost that could just be part of your monthly expenses.
    • A "Summon vassal" option for rulers. If I'm the flippin' king you come to me when I tell you to and that's all there is to it.
    Now a bit of a gripe -

If I'm understanding this correctly, you've made it harder and more time consuming to see if a village has a quest, and if so which one it is?

So you made companions more convenient but then balanced it by making quests a pain in the ass...? Why do you hate me?
  7. Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

A universal messenger system is not desired for the base game. Better accessability to mercenary arrangements may still be introduced, but they rank lower on the backlog.
    Some of these decisions baffle me. I can only assume that the guys making them don't actually play the game.
  8. Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

• Party Management Options
      • Clan members can, at times, be a hassle to track down and manage. To address this, we have been exploring new options to send, recall and exchange them.
    Biggest understatement in Bannerlord history. It's pretty much always a hassle to track down any NPCs and as the game progresses and the payer gets more responsibilities it just keeps getting worse. By the time you've got a kingdom to rule it's not even worth the trouble. I'd love to hire some mercenaries, but it's not worth the frustration.

A simple solution would be a messenger system. I know it works because there's one in the Diplomacy mod. You just pay some gold and in a few days the character is there to speak with you. Simple, effective, and makes the game SOOOOOOO much better.

Why have you not simply done that? What's the hold up?
  9. What can modders actually do?

Appreciated. I feel some people still worry that the tools aren't available because we haven't (yet) seen the wealth of mods that Warband has.

But I think this is purely down to;
    1. The Big conversion mods take a long time.
    2. No workshop functionality (yet)
    3. No MP modded servers (yet).
    4) Frustration that early access seems to be dragging on forever and every new patch breaks all the mods (and seemingly will continue to do so until the sun burns out).
  10. Request for Taleworlds to sell M&B IP to a competent developer

Why mod a game you hate?

Go mod a game you like instead.
    A lot of people are simultaneously frustrated with the pace of development and the missing features and excited by what modders will do when the game is finally released.
  11. Bow variety/balance

It'd be nice to see some differentiation between horse and foot bows. Maybe the former could be faster and the latter could hit harder, or one could have more penetration or something.
  12. companions should come back to u when escape captivity

You skipped the most important part of Ananda's post.
    Occasionally? The AI hires mercs constantly, instant and remotely! Even with the AI ruler in prison they hire mercs! They spend zero campaign time to get them. For the player they need an equal access to them, meaning are always able to contact the available ones and always know who is available. Or, you could remove the remote/instant hiring from the AI, make the rules actually waste days and days fallowing a merc leader on the map! And certainly when the ruler is imprisoned they should be unable to hire more mercs!
    This right here. If I have the money and the authority to hire a mercenary company it stands to reason that I also have the ability to send a message.

For me the lack of a messaging system - the simple ability to pay some gold to send a postcard - is hands down the most frustrating part of the game.

My neighbors and my vassals are all bloodthirsty morons so I'm pretty much always at war with everyone. That's apparently an intentional design decision. So be it.

But if I want to communicate with anyone outside of my party I have to personally track them down, leaving my vassals (who I might have mentioned are morons) to fend for themselves??? By the time I come back things have inevitably gone sideways because I had to leave. Beyond that, even in the best of times blindly chasing wandering NPCs around the map is not fun. Having to do it every time I want to have a flippin' conversation is tiresome. I'd hire mercenaries if I it was a simple matter of sending them a message, but as things stand they may as well not even be in the game. My gaming time is not unlimited and I want to spend it having fun. All of which begs the question:

WHY HAVE YOU MADE THESE TWO UTTERLY INCOMPATIBLE DESIGN DECISIONS???

This problem would be solved by a simple messaging system like the one that's been available in the Diplomacy mod for months (years?). It's an incredibly obvious need. How have we gotten to this point without one?

I don't understand.
  13. What would you describe as "eyesores" in the current state of the game?

Those scale shoulders the Aserai have are absolutely terrible looking - they look like they're made of pillows. The padded mittens are also atrocious. The worst IMHO is the amateurish Vlandian closed helm.
  14. Why does TW hate Vlandians?

The Vlandian closed helmets are awful. They look like an amateur 3D modeler downloaded a model of a hockey mask and stuck it on a completely different helmet. Absolutely terrible.
  15. Castle placement makes no sense.

That too. In Bannerlord castles don't actually do anything.
Back
Top Bottom