Recent content by El-Presidente

1. El-Presidente

A thread for veterans

Exactly. The three main arguments against releasing dedicated servers is "the game's still unstable", "the game's still being patched so you can't make mods", and "TW needs info from servers". The first is acceptable to the vast majority of players, who I guarantee will have more fun with buggy/unstable servers rather than no servers at all. The second is also the case for singleplayer, and guess what: mods are being made for it.

The third is a somewhat valid point, but so far the data collected by TW has been used to tweak the damage values of the handful of items available in Native Multiplayer, and change how much certain classes cost. Such massive changes, wow.
    If you mean they host the servers themselves and thus can collect data, their argument is absolute rubbish! They already have a key server in Warband, which means there is some degree of remote 'monitoring', if you will, of Warband servers.

They could have setup a telemetry system so community servers report these things to a central place anyway. Literally, Paradox Interactive does this. After HoI 4 came out they published data showing which countries were played the most after the first week or something.
  2. El-Presidente

A thread for veterans

Coming from an NW perspective I know me and some people in our regiment like the direction of the singleplayer a lot and we've played Warband for 10+ years. I can't speak for the quality of the modding tools, but assuming they are good there's a lot of potential.

Multiplayer on the other hand is not good. I'm not sure if they tried to pander to the competitive community with the introduction of matchmaking, the armory and other features. In doing this they failed, the competitive community as far as I know doesn't even like the game.

NW is the most popular module on Warband. It is so popular due to public servers, linebattle events, scripted servers - in other words all community hosted servers. If TW wanted to know what made NW so successful in multiplayer they should have focused on this, and transferred these lessons to Bannerlord's multiplayer.

I'm not sure if the class system is a strange attempt to emulate NW's system, but it doesn't work, and I agree that the native system is superior. Either way they 100% should have got community servers in first before wasting dev time on armoury and other things. Warband MP was popular because of huge battles, not because of 5v5 competitive matches. Whether it's The Deluge, NW, PK or whatever this holds true.

I heard people say 'oh but the servers are unstable'. Well, if they are unstable they will crash on TW infrastructure anyway lol. I would have accepted server instability, the priorities were just wrong. But I'm sure they will add them eventually.
  3. El-Presidente

Milites Fortunae Sunday Mod Events -Bear Force II

Clan name: 19th Yorkshire
    Expected attendance: 15-20
    Preferred Team: Republic/Rebels
    Preferred Roles: Infantry
    I have read and agree with the rules: Yes
  4. El-Presidente

Clan name: 19th Regiment
    Expected attendance: 15+
    Preferred Team: Edo Shogunate
    Preferred Roles: Cavalry + infantry
    Steam profile link of leader & co-leader: -- You have me
    I have read and agree with the rules: -- Yes
  5. El-Presidente

Сlan name: Romani
    Expected attendance: ~15
    Preferred Factions: Romani
    Steam profile link of leader & co-leader: You have me
  6. El-Presidente

Сlan name: 19th Yorkshire
    Expected attendance: 20+
    Preferred Factions: Populares
    Preferred Roles: Roman Infantry
    Steam profile link of leader & co-leader: You have me
  7. El-Presidente

Clan name: 19th
    Expected attendance: 20
    Preferred Team: Sweden/Ottomans
    Steam profile link of leader & co-leader: You´ve got me
  8. El-Presidente

Expected attendance: 20+
    Preferred Team: Any
    Preferred Roles: Heavy infantry + archers
    I have read and agree with the rules: Yes.
  9. El-Presidente

Expected attendance: 20
    Preferred Team: Empire!
    Preferred Roles: Archers and infantry
    Steam profile link of leader & co-leader: You have me!
  10. El-Presidente

Expected attendance: 10+? (could be a lot more will know closer to time)
    Preferred Factions: Any
    Preferred Roles: Cavalry rest will go infantry
    Steam profile link of leader & co-leader: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008837363/
  11. El-Presidente

Expected attendance: 15
    Preferred Factions: Red Army
    Preferred Roles:
    Engineer squad, rest can go infantry
    Steam profile link of leader & co-leader: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008837363/ and https://steamcommunity.com/id/noobas13/
  12. El-Presidente

19th Yorkshire Regiment | Legio XIX

Good siege event the other day! See our mighty Roman legion.
  13. El-Presidente

VoIP communication is needed imidietly.

Proximity VOIP is a good method for allowing meme groups like ours to gather recruits from servers.
  14. El-Presidente

19th Yorkshire Regiment | Legio XIX

Je Suis El Presidente, major du 19e comté de York Sponsor de Jailbreak Administrateur principal du PNR Gagnant de NWBC Deux contre vingt champion Régiment le moins démantelé
  15. El-Presidente

Dedicated servers

Heh. Someone in my regiment got multiple keys from the gamescom gave one to me. I then got a first wave access key from the beta application hehe.

We gave the excess keys to people in our regiment in a giveaweay.
Back
Top Bottom