Recent content by EasyCo506

1. EasyCo506

Far Cry 3

I also learned that the Japanese gained superpowers while on the island.

I was doing the Testing Unit mission, and right when you enter the ground isn't completely covered, so if you have the camera out it ends up marking something as a herbivore near the bottom. When I reached that point later on, the glowing shape that shows up when you don't have a clear view of it showed that it was someone with their arms streched out (left over model or something?). And then it flew away. Through the walls and everything until it was just a distant speck.  :lol:

The glitches in this game are awesome.
  2. EasyCo506

Far Cry 3

The best part about this game is how random everything is. I just took over the Broken Neck Home outpost with just one shot. I saw that the base had a sniper, flamer, a couple of dogs, several other people, and it also had a tiger in a cage. I was worried the tiger alone wouldn't work, so looking around I noticed a couple of bears outside the base. I hid in some bushes, and slowly advanced while throwing rocks in front of the bears, and close to the base. A couple of the pirates moved up, and then the bears attacked them. And then I let the tiger out.

That was awesome. I would have thought using stealth would make some parts boring (like taking over bases), but just watching some of the stuff that can happen just by throwing a few rocks has been just as fun as the times I've run in shooting everyone.  :grin:

3. EasyCo506

Far Cry 3

Verbeek said:
    EasyCo said:
    I guess he's just going to stand there in the middle of the road now that he no longer has a purpose.  :smile:
    The man is suicidal that's why he's got himself caught. He wants you to shoot him. Do it.

Didn't have to. I started to walk away after he didn't do anything, and then a tiger ran up and ate him.
  4. EasyCo506

Far Cry 3

Could someone help me with this?

I was out exploring, when I noticed a pirate leading a prisoner (villager I guess) down the road. I followed, and then killed the pirate. Only, is there a point to this? The guy is just standing there still, even though I killed the pirate. I also don't see any option to remove the rope binding his hands. I really hope there's something I can do, because otherwise I don't really get the point of having random encounters like that occur. I was hoping I'd be able to save the guy, and then lead him to Amanaki (or whatever the starting village is called) in order to gain experience or something.

I guess he's just going to stand there in the middle of the road now that he no longer has a purpose.  :smile:
  5. EasyCo506

Blockscape

This seems like it could be very fun. I've watched a few videos (since I was afraid it was just a Minecraft clone), and I can see that it's not a clone. However, while I think it has potential and will turn out to be very fun, I don't think I could actually buy it as it is now. Maybe when it updates and the survival mode is put in.
  6. EasyCo506

0 A.D.

http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/

Alpha 10 is now out. I'm pretty surprised since I thought it wouldn't come out so quickly compared to the other releases. Even better, this release has quite a lot of features added.

Anyway, here it is:

New Release: 0 A.D Alpha 10 Jhelum

This alpha features Hellenic factions such as Athens, Macedonia and Sparta; technologies, civilization phases, click-and-drag walls, healing and more!

Top new gameplay features in this release:

-New Hellenic Factions: Athenians, Macedonians and Spartans will now replace the generic Hellenic faction. Each features some unique characteristics along with shared Hellenic units and buildings:

-Receiving significant naval bonuses, the Athenians are the rulers of the waves. Special Buildings: Gymnaseion, Prytaneion ("Council Chamber") and Theatron.
      -Macedonians have a wide selection of units and siege engines, for a combined arms approach. Special buildings (in planning): Lighthouse and library.
      -The Spartans can't build stone walls, but as their soldiers are top-notch, their men serve as their walls instead. Special Building: Syssiton ("Military Mess Hall").
      (Also, along the same lines, we have decided to include more factions in 0 A.D., beginning with the Mauryan Indians! Read on to find out how you can help.)

-Basic Technologies: Technologies, or techs, are economic or military bonuses that can be "researched" (bought) for resources at designated buildings. In 0 A.D., technologies come in mutually exclusive pairs: Within each pair, you can either research one tech or the other, but not both in the same game. As researching some technologies depends on having researched others, one should plan ahead carefully. (Importantly, for the meantime, all factions share an identical tech tree, but over the next few releases, different factions will get different tech trees, adding complexity and interest to the game.)

-Civilization Phases: Start in Village, upgrade to Town, then to City. Unlock new techs and expand your territory with each upgrade.

-Click-and-drag wall building functionality. (Support for gates is due in a future release.)

-Healing units from their battle wounds is now possible by a priest conducting a ceremony with special chants within range. Priests can be trained at the Temple.

-The Iberians get a pre-built walled settlement as a bonus every game.
  7. EasyCo506

The Elder Scrolls: Online

Oh wow, those look great. But, the thread title is about an Elder Scrolls online game, so what do the pictures have to do with that? Oh well, I guess they just put the wrong name in.

You know, that actually gives me an idea. You know what would be great? If someone made an Elder Scrolls MMO. One which stays true to the story and had a similar look to the previous games. As well as having combat which fits the setting.

Yeah, that'd be great.
  8. EasyCo506

0 A.D.

New release, and it adds what many people have been waiting for-Rome.

Actually, I guess it's not really "new" since it came out March 15, but I just noticed it when I checked to see if there had been any updates.

New Release: 0 A.D. Alpha 9 Ides of March

Wildfire Games, an international group of volunteer game developers, proudly announces the release of "0 A.D. Alpha 9 Ides of March", the ninth alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source game of ancient warfare. This alpha debuts the Roman faction, new combat and trade systems and more.

The new features added:
    Top new features in this release:

The Roman Republic faction, playable on custom scenarios and random map scripts--in single player and multiplayer, complete with a new art set, including new buildings, units, and ships.

A new combat system that adds bonuses and weaknesses to each unit, like rock-paper-scissors (e.g. spearmen defeat melee cavalry, but are countered by skirmishers and cavalry archers).

A brand new trading system, over land with traders trained from markets, and over sea with merchant ships built at the dock. Establish a trade route between two markets or docks, and your traders will gain resources for every trip made. You can choose which resource will be gained by a trader.

Over a dozen new random map scripts by Spahbod, wraitii, and mmayfield45.

New animations: Rowing oars for ships, rams, some catapults, traders, some animals.

AI improvements: 0 A.D.'s default AI, qBot, has had a performance increase and had a serious bug fixed with the attack code.
  9. EasyCo506

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Ringwraith #5 said:
    On the other hand, being mad at people who keep promising significant improvements and then releasing the same damn game again and again for the same price is perfectly reasonable. The logical outcome of that is that one stops buying their games.

I think I missed something. Hasn't Taleworlds only released two games (those being M&B and Warband)? I know of WFaS and that other one that hasn't come out yet (or maybe it has, no idea), but those were made by different people, right? If that's the case, then I can't see how they could be faulted for releasing the same game over and over when they only have two games so far (with one being an expansion).
  10. EasyCo506

I don't know, Ringwraith. For a small expansion, Warband did bring quite a lot of new things. For one, the multiplayer part which was surprising, as no one thought it would be done. Plus, there's the new single player parts.

I will agree with you, however, that some of the new things that were put in could have either been left out entirely, or just left out until it could be put in better.

If you still disagree (and I can easily understand why you'd disagree), then let me say in advance that I'll just agree to disagree. :smile:
  11. EasyCo506

Bgfan said:
    Warband was a huge overhaul. That comment makes me wonder if you actually even played M&B? You're registration date indicates that you did, but that comment was a bit... inaccurate.

I agree with both of you. Ringwraith, you have to admit that Warband did deliver quite a bit new stuff. On the other hand, you're completely right that WFaS and that other one (you're right, I don't even know what it's called) didn't really do much for many people.

However, you should also remember that those games were made by different people, so you can't really use them as examples.
  12. EasyCo506

Star Wars: The Old Republic

BattleOfValmy said:
    Having been coerced at pain of death by my friends to get this, I can say with full honesty and truthfulness that KotOR 3 would've been the better decision.

Yeah, after hearing from a lot of people how disappointing it is, I also wish they had just made KotOR 3. I've been wishing for that since I first heard about The Old Republic.
  13. EasyCo506

Battlefield 3

Grumph said:
    EasyCo said:
    I did find one thing I enjoy. I was playing Caspian Border, and I noticed that no one ever seems to use the stationary AA guns, so I got on them. It was great. You get easy shots at jets and helicopters since no one ever expects the AA guns to be used, and it makes it easy to get a lot of points. Also, I got a ribbon for using the stationary gun for a long time, which got me 10,000 points.

:eek:

I know, that really surprised me. That and the other ribbons you get while using it. In that game I got several for stationary use (not the 10,000 one), disable vehicle, destroy vehicle, and a few others which I've forgotten. I've gone from rank 1 to rank 5 or so within 2 games. That was crazy. :smile:
  14. EasyCo506

Battlefield 3

So I've played around for a little, and found that while I love the game, I'm very bad at it. I think the problem is that many of the people on the server were highly ranked, so they had many more things unlocked, while I was just getting started.

I did find one thing I enjoy. I was playing Caspian Border, and I noticed that no one ever seems to use the stationary AA guns, so I got on them. It was great. You get easy shots at jets and helicopters since no one ever expects the AA guns to be used, and it makes it easy to get a lot of points. Also, I got a ribbon for using the stationary gun for a long time, which got me 10,000 points.
  15. EasyCo506

0 A.D.

There's no campaign mode at all right now. So it's just skirmish at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom