Recent content by Earth Dragon

1. Earth Dragon

SP - General Give player ruling options in kingdoms

Ah yes…..all the things done to stop AI factions from snowballing now causing different headaches.

I mostly bring this up as some suggestions end up asking for things the community was declaring a “good change” when something similar to it was adjusted/done away with
  2. Earth Dragon

SP - General Please add new helmets

Hello TaleWorlds Devs, I am begging you to please add some greathelms or winged helms like swadian knights in warband to bannerlord vanilla game. I play on console therefore I don’t have access to mods. I really enjoy the game but personally don’t like any of the current helmets. Thank you.
    Those helms, as with many “please add” items are far more synonymous with the later parts of the medieval age and not the Dark Ages. This is a key problem with any game/company trying to do Dark Age settings: the masses complain until it looks like you are in a late medieval/pre-Victorian setting once again
  3. Earth Dragon

SP - General I Miss some weapons (for future patches)

My biggest question:

Was anything you are asking for in widespread use BEFORE the Crusades? This should be the first question asked each and everytime someone is wanted any sort of weapons and/or armor inserted into the game.

This is a Dark Age game, not a High Medieval one.
  4. Earth Dragon

Idea for Bannerlord

So basically
    You know how in Warband if your force is stronger then the garrison of a city or castle you could convince them to leave?
    Why not add that aspect to Bannerlord, I mean what's a garrison of a few hundred men going to do against massive armies that could be over 1000 strong.
    The reality is that defenders often DID beat attackers when holding castles that outnumbered 5-1 and greater. Castles were specifically built in defendable positions (not as blockades as some have demanded the devs do in the past) which afforded a huge advantage. The game has actually done a good job putting most castles in a position to rip through giant numbers of attacking troops.

I’m not sure I’ve seen attacking armies at such numbers in this game to warrant the defenders not giving it their best shot
  5. Earth Dragon

How can I hold the castle for lasted patch?

Prosperity at the castle and hearths at the villages get you more money. Castles are lower money makers then towns. That’s why I was advising to put a cap on the garrison. Part of that is to ensure the castle and villages are helping fund your war parties.

If your garrison costs more then what you are bringing in from the attached fiefs, what’s the point?
  6. Earth Dragon

"Baldur’s Gate 3 is Causing Some Developers to Panic"

When I walk down the street I see things I dont want to see. I just deal with it. You should try the same in the MP games you play.
    There is a huge difference between breaking your immersion and going against your sensibilities.

Bafoons in MMOs do both, not just the latter. My immersion of a city street isn’t broken by the city street as everything is in reality.
  7. Earth Dragon

How can I hold the castle for lasted patch?

Hello, My name's Fabie.

So I would like to hold the castle, Now I have 150 men at arms.

What is the best way that I can do?
    Focus on militia training projects to be built up to level 3 and put a Governor in there that can raise a lot of militia. Your brother can be set up to do this decently right from the start if you aren’t playing sandbox, but most martial oriented companions can easily be respec at an arena to bolster the militia recruiting by +1 in 1H at 50, Polearm at 50, and Archery at 100 amongst others.

Meanwhile, check your villages for missions and do as many as possible, particularly any missions where they are looking for grain, tools or crafting materials. You want their hearths to get to 200 minimum so they provide more food to the castle. This then fills the stores faster and creates a larger overage, which will then boost the castle prosperity, which in turn generates more militia.

Make sure you set a maximum to the garrison if you only have the one castle. With a Governor giving the troops XP and a training ground, you can go see a large increase in expenses rather quickly which can be a surprise. Even if you just leave it at 2000 gold, it’s better to have that ceiling then none at all.

Lastly, defend your fief. If you have to break through the siege and lose a few troops, do it. Operating siege equipment in a defense skyrockets you and your companions Engineering XP and if you are still in your teens, you can often out of it with a couple levels. I advise to save before you start as operating a ballista feels finicky at the start, but after a little practice, you can wreck shop on the enemy. And if the personal defense isn’t going great, you can always auto-resolve and just miss out on the Engineering XP and levels
  8. Earth Dragon

Horses as loot

It´s not the problem. The problem is getting less money. If i could avoid the noble in loot it would help.
    In that case, the true fix would make Tier 6 upgrades require a noble horse. This would curb money gain as you aren’t selling all those horses.

If it having enough war horses is a problem, they can also address the fact that Canterion Charger ranches are having you drop off pigs and sheep. Fix these delivery missions and that infuses a lot more horses/war horses into the economy if you are seeking them out
  9. Earth Dragon

Horses as loot

So in other words to avoid being flooded with noble horses one should not go above 100-125 in roguery. War horses har a use. Noble has no use once they start to flood the inventory.
    Yes, but you can also just sell those noble horses and then buy war horses for less
  10. Earth Dragon

Horses as loot

Armies have extra horses in the noble inventory. It’s the same reason you get all that food. So army fights give you horses from the cavalry and from the noble inventories
  11. Earth Dragon

I just got a a city for a horse

Alright, thank you. Is there any reason to ever grant a fief to one of my companions?
    It allows them to raise troops on their own and increase your overall party limit, as they have a seperate limit from yourself. You can also infuse their “character” ranks by having them marry your children.
  12. Earth Dragon

I just got a a city for a horse

I have been playing Bannerlord for almost a month and I have a small kingdom going and I’m at war with 3 factions which has been a pain. But, I just decided to try talking to one of my enemies rather than just fight his party, and I managed to get him to switch to my side, he asked for some “support” to help him decide, and I gave him just one moderate value war horse. What I did not realize was that apparently this guy was the ruler of a city, and when I bought his loyalty with a horse, I also got a city and its villages. Absolutely ecstatic
    Okay, I just realized that while it’s part of my kingdom, I don’t get to manage the city in any way. Is this because a different clan owns it?
    Yes. It’s his town, but he falls under your kingdom umbrella. Clans that join you will leave if you aren’t giving them a fief or two to manage themselves
  13. Earth Dragon

Under siege losing troops fast

Not a food issue?
    Agreed. Sounds like someone is out of food
  14. Earth Dragon

Horses as loot

How about that you update a camelrider without having a single camel in your inventory.
    I understand that one is a little silly, but I forgive it as one of those understable categorical things in games. If camels filling a completely different slot was just too complicated, then I’ll just shrug my shoulders. But I still think the Aserai lords would want them all the same for, well, what you need camels for out in sands and scrub and asking for them seemed appropriate. It’s one of those that did happen and now doesn’t.
  15. Earth Dragon

Horses as loot

Yeah I’m shocked that Tier 6 cavalry didn’t start require a noble steed to upgrade once those became as common as they had, but there are lots of odd “horse” related things in game at this stage. Horse towns having you drop off herds of pigs instead of horses, Lords no longer asking for standard steeds (and Aserai not asking for camels of any sort) and there only being one type of camel saddle even though multiple are already programmed in are all oddities that would be nice to have smoothed out.
Back
Top Bottom