Recent content by Dwinny

1. Dwinny

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I think the main reason why conquering all of Calradia is the most popular game path for players is because it is currently the one that offers the most sense of actual game progression. You can fight bandits and do quests for all of eternity but nothing much will change, and it gets boring. Trying to conquer Calradia actually gives you a long term goal and visibly changes the landscape of the game.

If we want other types of game paths to be fun and viable, they need to offer some sense of progression and/or change the landscape of the game world in some way.

One possibility that comes to mind is creating several independent, long story arcs that can be undertaken by the player at the start of the game depending on the player's actions at the beginning of the game. This would not exclude the possibility of eventual domination of Calradia, but completing a single story arc would, in itself, give the player a feeling of a fulfilling, complete, single player experience. From there on, the player could try to conquer Calradia or he/she could start a new character and try a different story arc.
  2. Dwinny

-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

What does it mean when a lord does not know the location of someone? I assume that means that they are a prisoner in an enemy lord's party?
  3. Dwinny

-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Anyone know if the Vaegir helmets (the ones with fur) are based off anything that exists/existed in real life?
  4. Dwinny

The new Subversion.

Yeah, but won't that prevent them from taking defensive 100% of the time? I don't want them to never take the defensive. It makes sense when they take the defensive when I initiate the attack, but not when they attack me.
  5. Dwinny

The new Subversion.

AI really needs to not take defensive when they were the ones who attacked you on the world map in the first place. So frustrating, can't leave, have to retreat with casualties or surrender, but they wont actually attack you on the field.
  6. Dwinny

The new Subversion.

Dwinny said:
    Has anyone experienced party inventory items just disappearing seemingly randomly? I just lost all my most valuable items in my party inventory for seemingly no reason..wtf??

Nevermind...it turns out Henry took with him all of the items in the inventory when I lent him to another lord. Got everything back when he returned =)
  7. Dwinny

R221:The extended map just made my day

Well "realistically" the map speed is already super fast. I'm playing with the old map still, but with a map speed of about 4 it took me only 10 hours to move 400km...that's 40km an hour! With a party size of 130...so yeah!
  8. Dwinny

The new Subversion.

Has anyone experienced party inventory items just disappearing seemingly randomly? I just lost all my most valuable items in my party inventory for seemingly no reason..wtf??
  9. Dwinny

The new Subversion.

Okay, spear bracing is really bull****. I mean. the idea is nice, but you get hit by them even when they arent even facing or touching you. All you have to do is go NEAR a braced spear and you're de-horsed.
  10. Dwinny

The new Subversion.

How do I go back to an older revision? Accidentally only partially updated my current version.
  11. Dwinny

Is it just me or are Mamluk infantry really tough?

(I think there needs to be a general questions thread) I have a mercenary force recruited mostly from Italy, Serbia, and Greece, and am currently fighting for Venice against the Mamluks. We have 190 troops against their 120, battle advantage zero. Now usually a combined infantry from the front...
  12. Dwinny

The new Subversion.

Alright, I'll try to see if I can recreate this to confirm.
  13. Dwinny

The new Subversion.

Ivan the Awesome said:
    That is supposed to happen. If you let your horse get killed it goes down to normal, then gets lamed.

No. My horse has gotten killed plenty of times without losing its modifier. It seems this only happens when I "pick up" a horse from the battlefield.
  14. Dwinny

The new Subversion.

BUG:

When you are riding a horse with some kind of modifier (e.g., Heavy), and you get dehorsed during battle, if you mount another horse in the battle, at the end of the battle you will "get" a horse of the same type you rode into battle but WITHOUT any modifier, and it will replace your original horse.

Playing rev. 214
  15. Dwinny

I know you can do it with enemy/neutral cities and castles, but there doesn't seem to be a way with friendly cities, which is what I was looking for, since the prison guard will let you in without question.
Back
Top Bottom