Recent content by (:) Dvd (:)

1. 300/Battle of Thermopylae MINIMOD

Merlkir said:
    (:) Dvd (:) said:
    Wha? Wrong thread? Or did I totally miss something?

-Dvd

you mean the textures? the tunics are for light persian infantry and the grenade is for persian mages. Have you seen the movie? :smile:
    I've seen the previews, but I didn't realize they gave the persians grenades. But that's awesome, I guess. Lol.

-Dvd
  2. 300/Battle of Thermopylae MINIMOD

Wha? Wrong thread? Or did I totally miss something?

-Dvd
  3. SP Sci-Fi 40K mod: Storm Over Tartarus [Temporary Sleepy Time]

Start as an Imperial Guardsman? Oh... Maybe they are like Black Khergits, ala, Supreme Ass-Kickers and unplayable.

-Dvd
  4. 300/Battle of Thermopylae MINIMOD

Uh, guys, in case you didn't realize this...

300 was based on a *COMIC BOOK* by Frank Miller. Now, the comic book was based on the Battle of Thermopylae. However, also note that the comic book turned the real life battle of Thermopylae into a mythological showdown.

Therefor, 300 is actually NOT based on the historic Battle of Thermopylae, instead it's based on a *fictional* Battle of Thermopylae.

NOTE: Do not take any of the above as facts. I could be wrong about one or two things, but I'm quite sure that Frank Miller's comic book was never intended to portray the reality of the battle.

-Dvd
  5. SP Sci-Fi 40K mod: Storm Over Tartarus [Temporary Sleepy Time]

Nethoras said:
    how are you going to join the necron race unless you start as a pariah, and starting as a pariah would be kinda cheap since pariahs are like the uber leet necron unit
    Easy... You don't "join them", you start as them. Ala "The Last Days".

-Dvd
  6. SP Sci-Fi 40K mod: Storm Over Tartarus [Temporary Sleepy Time]

morgoth2005 said:
    Heavy Destroyer-->Lord Destroyer, woo DoW foreva
    More like...

Necron Warrior -> Necron Immortal -> Necron Pariah -> Necron Lord -> Necron Lord Destroyer

...Meanwhile. Necron Warrior -> Flayed One -> Feared Flayed One, and Necron Immortal -> Necron Destroyer -> Necron Heavy Destroyer.

-Dvd
  7. SP Sci-Fi 40K mod: Storm Over Tartarus [Temporary Sleepy Time]

Highlander said:
    Necron Warrior -> Immortal -> Pariah

Necron Warrior -> Destroyer -> Heavy Destroyer

Necron Warrior -> Flayed One -> Feared Flayed One
    more than 2 upgrade options are not possable
    Oh... That complicates matters. Wait...

Immortal -> Destroyer -> Heavy Destroyer

Will that work?

-Dvd
  8. SP Sci-Fi 40K mod: Storm Over Tartarus [Temporary Sleepy Time]

Kastor said:
    @ HemoGoblin: Thanks, your help with scene props would be muchly appreciated.
          i guess ill have to make a list for that huh? :wink:

my computer is very much OOA right now so i cant model or anything at all, in fact, the day before it exploded wings 3D stopped working. im getting it fixed and ill reinstall wings asap.

@Dvd: about the tomb spiders: i represented them wrong in the Troop tree... spiders Create scarab swarms... arg ill work on it... :sad:

yeah, ill also switch the cultists/heretics around.. good suggestion...

just need to wait for my computer to be fixed... :cry:
    In that case... Hmm... Would it be possible to include them just as seperate types of troops? You've got your standard Necron Warrior line, but then you have two other troop lines. One is just a Necron Scarab, the other is a Necron Tomb Spider. Those troop lines would go through like this:

Necron Scarab
    V
    Experienced Necron Scarab
    V
    Ect.

Also, Pariah's and Flayed Ones should be different. Afterall, they are very different units. A Pariah is basically the Necron's attempt at the perfect balance of flesh and machine, the ultimate being, the perfect soldier. Flayed Ones are basically Necrons who are covering themselves in the hides of their enemy to scare and destablize their forces.

One sec, there might be better places to stick em...

EDIT: Alrighty...

Necron Warrior -> Destroyer -> Heavy Destroyer

That way all troops stem from the Necron Warrior. Makes more sense, in my opinion.

-Dvd
  9. SP Sci-Fi 40K mod: Storm Over Tartarus [Temporary Sleepy Time]

I see just two problems with the Unit Trees... First off, for Necrons, the Scarab (small robotic beetle like thing) should LEAD TO the Tomb Spider (huge big beatle thing). Not the otherway around.

Second, on the Chaos tree, I think it would be better if Heretics & Cultists were switched.

That way the first unit, the fodder, would be a simple heretic. Cultists, as their higher rank and cooler name suggests, would be more intune with the occult and able to eventually upgrade to a Demon or something.

...But that is just my opinion.

-Dvd
  10. Off screen combat needs to be fixed

Archonsod said:
    Professor Jumbo said:
      This makes me wonder then if there is different mode of determining combat results based upon whether or not troops are on screen at the time of the fighting.
    That's why it takes a kickass computer to use a 200 man battlesize limit.
    ...Really? I guess my computer is a muther****in kickass comp since I can play with a 400 man battlesize limit. In "The Last Days". Rohan vs Isengard. Plenty of horseman & foottroops. No lag at all.

I love my computer. *hugs computer*

-Dvd
  11. SP Sci-Fi SPACE: The Final Frontier

Well, like I said, I can't do *anything*. And it isn't right for me to boss a single hard worker around. The pain needs to be *shared* by *many* hard workers. Hint, hint. So unless I don't get a few more hard workers to boss around, this mod isn't getting off the ground.

Note; I'm joking about bossing around. Basically... I will write the storyline, concept, missions, dialogue, greetings, ect. But I can't put it ingame. Someone else would have to do that.

-Dvd
  12. "Immersive Combat"

2 Things:

No, this is not implemented in Mount & Blade already. What is in Mount & Blade is the most horrible system ever devised. To attack in different directions, you move & click the mouse. That means, you take a step to the right and click the mouse to aim. In my implementation, you hold down the mouse button and move the mouse in the different directions to attack different ways. This allows string together combos quicky by moving the mouse different directions.

Also, phbbbt, how many people do you know who can parry eight attacks at once?

-Dvd
  13. WarRock

Last night Leodan Flamelock (flamelock) and I (happydeath) played together. We were on the same team, facing 2 random guys, on Ohara. It was a one-sided match, as we were taking down everything. I was the expert tank driver\tank destroyer, he was a tank destroyer\engineer. Sometimes we would ride up to enemy tanks in bikes, jump out, drop a couple mines (destroying the tank instantly) and find the next tank to blow up. It was great. Sadly however, after getting around 38 kills my computer decided to ****IN RESTART! Damn.

-Dvd
  14. "Immersive Combat"

Gozzon said:
    Actually, it would allow for more immersive combat. Different types of parry, attacks, swings, thrusts, ect...

-Dvd
    Of course it would but main problem is AI it can still block your mid right swing and after that your low left swing. AI doesn't look what kind of attack you make. It "knows" what attack you make.
    Perhaps some sort of variable system for the AI? If they "know" you will make a Middle Right Swing then a coin will be tossed, if 0 then they will block, if 1 then they will not block. If 0 then they will either retaliate with a block or a Middle Right Swing, Lower Right Swing, or Upper Right Swing. If 1 then they will retaliate with any other attack than Middle Right Swing, Lower Right Swing, or Upper Right Swing.

-Dvd
  15. "Immersive Combat"

Gozzon said:
    Would make blocking with weapon even more harder (not for AI of course they block it if they have time). Would this affect shields in anyway? It doesn't look like that. So only thing that i find this will do is make blocking enemy attacks extreamly hard. No thanks.
    Actually, it would allow for more immersive combat. Different types of parry, attacks, swings, thrusts, ect...

-Dvd
Back
Top Bottom