Recent content by Dusk Voyager

1. Dusk Voyager

Improve your bloody grammar!

Is "none of ... [plural countable] is..." correct or at least acceptable? The way I see it, it's correct because none is the negative version of one so suggests something singular, but I always see the plural form everywhere.
  2. Dusk Voyager

Who of the old guard are still around?

Khergit Veteran Horse Archers used to have about 230 archery proficiency and a good AI.

And who forgets the 2012 apocalypse thread?
  3. Dusk Voyager

Post Difficult Questions Here

IMO he technically could, but then he stops being omnipotent. More to the point, he can limit his powers to create this stone.
  4. Dusk Voyager

How can I go about creating a flame particle on an existing weapon? (ACOK 2.2)

@YoItsObama: The glitch happens because when it's holstered, the scabbard/holstered version is initialized and the trigger just activates again. You could try removing the scabbard carry mesh from your sword. You can always justify its disappearance by saying it's magical.

PS. If you want to keep the carry mesh, let's say you create your flame script. Put it into module_scripts and call it from the item trigger, or directly make it the trigger.

Now you need to make sure it's not activated when it's not being wielded. To store the wielding state of the agent, place ti_on_item_wielded and ti_on_item_unwielded triggers into relevant mission templates. Create something like slot_agent_wielding_flame_sword.

[set slot_agent_wielding_flame_sword to 1 for the relevant agent]
    [set slot_agent_wielding_flame_sword to 0 for the relevant agent]

The flame script must check if slot_agent_wielding_flame_sword equals 1 for the agent and only then activate the flames.
  5. Dusk Voyager

Modding in C# feels incredibly boring and tedious.

I have to say C# is a massive improvement. Sure, I liked Monty/MABL's ease of use and quirks that allowed for out-of-the-box thinking and gimmicks a lot, but the same dependence on gimmicky workarounds limited it greatly (having to rely on parties or troop inventories to simulate arrays, no way to work with strings apart from joining them together and some other stuff that should have been trivial otherwise). Monty just can't handle such a supposedly ambitious game. It's not 2012 anymore.

Not to mention it allowed for a limited amount of scripts/tuples, making it harder to read and work with. With C#, you can create as many functions, classes or objects as you like, organizing your code better. It's also supported by a lot of common IDEs, which helps with debugging and reviewing.
  6. Dusk Voyager

Can't run old MnB versions, Themida problem.

You can also try running it on an XP VM.
  7. Dusk Voyager

Debating implementation of a Reaction/Like system

The upvote system is already everywhere, so it's refreshing that this forum still doesn't have that. Technical/developmental stuff getting upvoted is fine, because it allows the devs and other people trying to help to easily see what the users want, and what gets the job done is upvoted anyway. Normal discussions don't need such things. It's just too much instant gratification, and treats popular opinions as always better.
  8. Dusk Voyager

do you think that sturgia need a rework?

Battanians are more tricky/roguish and Sturgians are the more simple/straightforward faction though.
  9. Dusk Voyager

do you think that sturgia need a rework?

They're supposed to be weak. Barbarians who are good fighters, but not much else.
  10. Dusk Voyager

Sturigans is more weak after update?

Sturgia being weaker makes sense actually. Unlike other factions, they don't know anything but fighting, least of all how to sustain their faction. They're basically supposed to be the Sparta to the others' Athens.
  11. Dusk Voyager

Forum Bug/Issue/Error Reporting

I thought they might have just changed it back, but good to know.
  12. Dusk Voyager

Forum Bug/Issue/Error Reporting

Fun fact: Your profile ID mod 278 is your alphabetical order among all the kingdom heroes and prominent NPCs.
  13. Dusk Voyager

Count Tarchias

Your profile ID mod 278 is your alphabetical order among all the kingdom heroes and prominent NPCs.
  14. Dusk Voyager

Talk to Transformer

Shouldn't this topic have been on Fun Stuff?

Shouldn't this topic have been on Fun Stuff? :smile:

By the way, I know this topic was already done (I guess I'm not an expert on advertising etc.) but I want to add my two cents. I've spent a lot of time reading and figuring this out. Yes, Advertising (Marketing) is "Intrinsic" to Companies, but that does not mean "Consumer-Driven". There are lots of Schemes that aim for Consumer-Driven, but ultimately have no intention of Advertising or "bringing the consumer" into their business. Basically, why do you pay for a TV station to air your program and not pay for them to advertise for you? The answer: The business only exists in the
  15. Dusk Voyager

Is being an effective ruler compatible with being a good person?

You could also argue that not wanting to get your hands dirty when it's needed is a self-absorbed decision based on a sense of pride of "keeping clean", therefore not necessarily ethical.
Back
Top Bottom