Recent content by dryhte

1. 50 things you must do when playing the Khergits

28. Stand behind your ranks upon ranks of horse archers, and watch the sky darken when they release their arrows upon those poxy enemies.
    29. Make snide remarks about how it's going to rain soon. Snigger.
  2. Buy ;( ?!

I've only ever played Mount & Blade, but if I had the time right now I'd buy Warband and give it a spin... I had hours of fun with M&B, but there were some downsides to it. If Warband is an improvement, it might very well be the very best game ever released :smile: (won't be of course, but hey, it might be close...)
  3. Trade Routes in Native

darkweaver said:

That's the one I was looking for :smile: should be stickied.
  4. Short video I took of Mount and Blade

Oops...

I actually hoped he'd make more of a mark on that warband... However he was still quite low in level (80 skill in his weapon), so that can be forgiven :smile:
  5. about fresh beef spoiling

soygamer said:
    U have 1 day to sell the fresh beef at about 150 so try to sell it right away. Dont use it for a food supply just sell it for a profit

Yup one of the most lucrative trading goods (buy at a village, sell expensively in the city :smile:)
  6. Trade Routes in Native

afaik there used to be a list of cities where some stuff was always cheaper than everywhere else. (e.g. grain, meat, silk, iron,...)

I looked for you but couldn't find it. sorry :smile:
  7. M&B on your netbook

I tried on my EEE 901, but apparently it won't play fair with Wine on Linux (ubuntu at least), so I couldn't get it to work...

I've been playing on my (fairly recent) work laptop just fine, though.
  8. look for Shjn

:mrgreen: I felt like I was intruding on something when I read this :wink:

荣誉王座, there's a private message system :smile:

9. Creating quick battles

It's one of those things they should have in Warband too :wink:
  10. How to get a army to help you ?

Indeed. Make sure you're with a faction, and get elected marshal (this means a lot of tedious quests for the other lords of your faction, OR just do the claimant quest instead).

When you're marshal, you actually command other lords' troops in battle (if I recall correctly).
  11. Making money

Graylord said:
    Makes no difference as point remains the same.

Please, be nice and point out what the actual tweak is.

I'm a bit lazy but this is the one tweak I'd really like to have...

thanks
  12. crash

weird limitation...
  13. Being seiged. I have 140 troops, he has 1500 (yes, 1500)

LOL I'd like to see such a battle... wow.
  14. Archer Poll

not another poll on this subject...

oh well, I prefer the Vaegir Marksmen (they're deadly)
  15. How to start M&B?

I agree that native is the best place to start.

Also, I'd suggest to start with a mounted polearm wielding character (for couching combat). That's pretty easy and gives you a good feel of the game.

Don't attempt foot combat until later :smile:
Back
Top Bottom