Recent content by DruidWu

1. DruidWu

{} Australia & New Zealand Multiplayer Community Thread {}

I just heard about this from Dimos. RIP Hamor

My thoughts and wishes go out to his family. I didn't know him personally or real close for that matter. However, I remember having good interactions with Hamor and to me, he always came across a well put together guy. Though he was often on the other side of many community dramas I was an admin for, you could always count on him letting his voice be heard, whether it was coming from him personally or on the behalf of his group of teammates. Like many have said he was a character where many players knew him and what he stood for and I respected him for that.

Mental health struggles are indeed one of those things that do creep up on those close to you. So please do be open and listen to those around you, many are afraid to seek help where others try to battle it on their own. Everyone needs back up once and awhile. Be sure to read Adorius's post further down as he has a lot of good advice there.

To end this post I remember editing a Warband tournament video 6 years ago where Hamor was a finalist. Enjoy the man's swordplay at work.

2. DruidWu

Demon Mod (Download and original thread) (new 0.9 patch)

Haha so it is. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm glad the DM team enjoy that map I made it for a small co op mod our community guys made to give us a decent chance against the waves of bots
  3. DruidWu

Hey man long time,

Just letting you know our australian community: LoungeChairCarnage.com.au will be hosting your mod for awhile. I'll send guys over for an feedback, bugs etc they come up with. Excited to see you are still developing and looking forward to 0.8 :grin:

ps: I noticed you have my Salamanca map lingering in your sceneobj folder, would love it if it made it in the selection :wink:

Regards
    SkadiWu

4. DruidWu

Australian Official Servers - Not Very Official

Son0fApollo said:
    If we all step back and look at me, we see that I'm in or have been in all of the conflicting groups. I was in BBH from almost the start then I left when Term formed 31stAGS. LCC from the start & CB & ANH from the start.

I need more variety lol.

You forgot to mention you're in SXK too lol Well thats if you haven't crossed me without me realising  :lol:

A private meeting is needed due to this whole thread is about how the independent entities LCC and ANH interact with each other. Suffice to say these groups are managed by leaders, founders, sponsors etc which is pretty much the definition of a company/product. These leaders volunteer a service and have a set of guidelines that the public adhere to. If these guidelines are unjustified then the public has the right to protest. Which is why we are pretty much here. As much as the LCC for example is well and truely open to the public/member opinion it is still ran by administrators who up hold their services. However it's now come to the attention of a notable figure that a direct talk between the two entities is needed. This would be a neutral section of the internet where someone who has nothing to do with this can give a more unbiased advice.

The results of the meeting then would be taken on board by the entities and used to provide better services to the general public. Not attending this meeting kinda means they aren't interested in improving their name for the public to be inspired by. Because the public are not sheep they are gamers who are entertained by services provided by the hub. If they don't like LCC for example they won't support it. Simple. Mind you putting up announcements of fun things to do doesn't go astray.

I'm also pretty sure reading the minutes from that discussion will either be really boring or funny depending on the outbursts if any. Plus most of the public are just gamers who want to have fun and don't really care long as things are easy going. This thread is littered with representatives from both sides, with a bit of AGS and actual public involved. The player base is out playing on whatever server they are playing on. Whether it be ours, theirs or they are happy on Game Arena / GON

If it was entirely left to the public to how things run you tend to get the odd person who waffles on about nothing they know anything about. Also by being official means there's someone even bigger setting the guidelines as to what it means to be official. LCC just wants to be the biggest Oceania hub that cares about the wellbeing of its supporters, keep trolls at bay and servers running at the best ping
  5. DruidWu

Australian Official Servers - Not Very Official

Just so it's not just Liquid here, now Skadi is here.

Alright this thread is getting alil pointless now. The ANH basically blew it, they wanted direct competition in the early days which with any detachment group is fair enough. In the ways of business you don't let your competitor get ahead of you, its simple logic. This clearly resulted in LCC pushing itself and remaining on top. I hear the Euro servers compete for player numbers all the time. There's no difference whether this is Oceania or the Euro's.

Like Vincenzo pointed out in the beginning of this thread the LCC is not for everyone. Since the beginning a few groups have broken off to form their own hubs, some are neutral zones where others want to compete. It then comes back around to how the Hub wants to act with a small player base like Mount and Blade. There were enough negotiation talks and deals made both sides couldn't see eye to eye and that should of been it.

LCC has grown pretty big and holds most of the pie now. Because we are active and we listen to what the members want. It's growing and I'm sorry but those select few who have gripes with this get kicked off the boat. We always attempt to integrate the sub groups into ours because the actual general player base tends to shift around. So its good to have one big hub letting those players know whats going on.

All I care about is player happiness. So running the LCC I want those who take part in the community whether they be completely loyal or they come to our servers just play to be happy. Now I remember back when we were founding this community I couldnt get a custom server for the life of me. Now days we have a healthy sponsorship who we can talk to about the possibility of extra servers for minor mods. This wasn't possible last year and I guess I mean to brag but the aus servers would be pretty lax without LCC/GloVine being able to throw up a server for a mod. Sure others could of gotten together to do something but eh this whats happened.

So now it is entirely in LCC's best interest to promote itself and show whats going on. Instead of sitting in a ghost admin server doing the same ol thing everyday. It works alright in the beginning but getting bigger events requires a forum like taleworlds or a sub independent community. A lot of the happenings are from community interest not just one person. One person can start something but it takes a whole to get it going. ...side tracked.

However those who just want to ruin the fun get ample warnings before being completely removed. ANH had a few members come in and trash talked the forum so why not blanket ban the whole group. It doesn't take a blind man to be completely unaware of whats going on and to pick a side, or step forward to find a deal or just wash your hands of all it. Now that the LCC is a pretty big community that can accommodate a large variety of member run events or work in conjunction with independent groups. Clearly everyone is doing volenteer work so it is best to work together. However if you want to compete then we have to protect our interests we've been forging.

LCC and AGS had bad terms in the beginning now its kinda not so bad. I dunno I havent heard about AGS in awhile, I see some of the big names around so I figure its going alright lol :grin:

Think that will do it.  :roll:
  6. DruidWu

Aussie_Persistent_RP [LoungeChairCarnage]

Thanks Aldric,

You're teams maps and contribution to our side of the globe has been well received. We have been pushing to match your level of structure with our events whilst adding our own piece of personality.
  7. DruidWu

The problem with it is they haven't focused on a clear game direction. At first they were all about creating a war simulator abit like warband but with perks that benefitted people working in tight squads. Sounded pretty cool at point. Unless I was understanding the game wrong in the alpha. But I know they wanted it to be easy to use and compared play style against games like COD.

Instead they changed the style to be more action packed / arcade just so you can run in like your standard 2h nub swinging like a madman.  this is also paired with the crtical hit zones on weapons. Where the tips of weapon will do the most damage and the core of the blade wont. Polearms and axes in my current opinion will be hard to use because of that system where i kept hitting people with the shaft of the weapon. Hard to protect yourself against 2h swords.

Havent tested it in awhile though
  8. DruidWu

i definatly agree with the all classes bots. Those swedish guys cant stand up to the brute force of the demons. Specially in the early levels
  9. DruidWu

A Taleworlds run AU Server plz!

Hello Tomdebomb,

I'm afraid there is already an official battle server for AU that has been relaunched. Our line battles are the same time as usual Saturdays 5pm. So there's no real need for concern as it is a big 200 slot and theres a sub server that goes up with different modes. The server company is recognised by taleworlds and they know of the community. All the civil war you mention is now settled and things are moving forward. We are a big strong community, and our forum and site is all under redevelopment so it will look prettier.

The AU population is here as I see heaps of names I know and there's nothing wrong with being apart of multiple forums anyway. I also don't understand how showing your ban in multiple places helps you with your cause O-o. You're more than welcome to talk to me or the other staff of our community about your ban. But I highly doubt this forum wants to know about it.

Regards
    SkadiWu
  10. DruidWu

Friday Event Group Postponed their event until next week. Our LCC Tournament will go ahead. We are going to change our days to another so the event group can always be on a Friday and the tournament another day. Thinking Wednesdays
  11. DruidWu

Doomicus said:
    BaronBaanus said:
    LoungeChairCarnage (Australian & NZ Mount & Blade community)  is running weekly Native Tournaments on a custom map designed specically for it. 

Read the previous two pages. If you can't read well, just try find your name within the text. Can't justify participating if you wont bother to respond.

lol it didnt stop a good 20-30 coming.

Its on again this Friday, read some of the opinions about how the finals was run. Changing it to Round Robin style. So each finalist will face each other once. The person with the most kills/points will take placing.
  12. DruidWu

We got up to that wave again. Its defiantly something to do with the Succubus Queens, the other enemy was Shadows. Also one of the guys said that the cavalry level 25 ally bots for guardians don't spawn with weapons.  :wink:

Also with the idle minions its something to do with the server cache. New players who join later waves dont see the idles.
  13. DruidWu

Skadi's Custom Maps

Thanks man :grin:
  14. DruidWu

Hey man, great mod. Me and a few other Aussies were playing it yesterday and really enjoyed it!

We did get to about wave 26-27 with the assassins and everyone had a fatal error. Not sure why. All I know it was the first time we had seen Succubus Queens and I think it was Necros we were up against. Speaking of Necros, when they spawn lil dudes, they seem to leave idle characters standing from where they spawned from. They don't do anything just stand there like ghosts because you cant touch them. Eitherway after all those waves we had a large number of idle monsters. It also confused us when they had the ally symbol above their heads lol we were massacred the first time by what we thought were allies XD

Other than that we were loving it. The particle effects you've added are a great touch and you've spent alot of time importing meshes and fiddling with the mechanics. Great job!

btw, if you ever want a custom ai pathed map I do have 1 called Salamanca, you're happy to get from me. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,193302.0.html
  15. DruidWu

Skadi's Custom Maps

After a chaotic joust tournament last week. I decided to build a big ass wall to keep out stray players and eliminated players. Also since we had more refs doing matches last week I added more dueling pits to this one. Sadly with these two major improvements the large russian building had to be removed. (probably a good thing coz it was glitched >_>)

Old version: http://www.loungechaircarnage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=973

tmap.jpg

Birds Eye
    As you can see I've removed the whole old castle out :sad: This has made room for abit of a staging area for Joust contestants. I removed that extra more private finals arena and replaced it with 4 more pits. I could have almost left the big red building in there but it didn't match any of the earth buildings I've used a lot of. So I put the biggest wooden chruch in there. Also beautified around the edges with some houses.

tmap2.jpg

Labelled Pits
    Before there wasn't much point in labelling 4 duel pits. Now that there's 8 it will be more handy for you arrange meets and so you can get bearings easily. Idea stolen from myself with the warband map lol

tmap3.jpg

Joust Improvements
    The lane is a tiny bit longer. But now there's a wall! Dont try and jump over those spikes its invisible walled fairly well. I did use the wallset from the Orshek.. siege map. But I figured you would all jump on the railing and up through the roof... So I swapped it to this. Seats are there for the spectators as well as the eliminated. There's also a small platform for the gunner ref to shoot the signal off from. The last problem that concerns me with the joust. Specially with the middle lane is with the dismount players cant seem to stick to their lane and cross into the others.

tmap4.jpg

Gate houses
    There's two gates into the joust arena. When a tournament is on they will be closed to prevent people from reentering the lanes and causing grief. That way we can easily tell who's left. The winches aren't in public access areas. If you want to watch the rest you will just have to go watch from the wall.

tmap5.jpg

Ref staging areas
    These are an idea I had from making the warband's joust arena. These will be little areas for the refs to stand with their entrants.

tmap6.jpg

Wheat field
    Finally this is for the extremists or love birds to have a tussel in
Back
Top Bottom