Recent content by Drithyl

1. Drithyl

Custom Servers Beta Test & Battle Mode

Will we get a hardware requirements for custom servers?
  2. Drithyl

Player Frustration

If you hate it so much, why do you not quit playing and wait until it's finished but instead get on the forums to whine about it? This seems to happen with every games forums, why is it?

Because forums exist to "whine" about the game and let the developers know how a player feels about their game. In other words, feedback. You may agree or disagree with it, but why shame people for expressing their opinion on a game in the official forum? The guy even went ahead and gave a breakdown of what he considers bad in the game. He didn't just throw **** at the screen.
  3. Drithyl

No shield perks in polearm tree?

Well, ideally there should be either a separate shield tree, or the one-handed tree perks should also apply to using a one-handed polearm with the shield, like a spear.
  4. Drithyl

The Strategic AI in this game is freaking braindead

Have you read everything that the nobles have to say about Neretzes' folly? How an emperor took the worst possible decision and got defeated from it? The way I see it, the AI should not be a perfect war machine making all the correct choices. Maybe they started a war with the Aserai over some pointless personal quarrel, for example. It's not like it's an outlandish idea; it's happened in history before. So I'm fine with the kingdom's AI making questionable decisions (as long as they are based on something tangible, like terrible personal relations with a ruler or noble of another clan, not just RNG).

Instead, the player should have a way to influence these things. Is your faction's ruler an incompetent bastard? Use your influence and plotting to make them disappear, and take over instead.
  5. Drithyl

Why custom games don't count for stats? Why are they broken when the match is over?

It's been that way throughout the beta. I don't know why it was never fixed; it's such a fundamental quality of life issue.
  6. Drithyl

How to make smithing an engaging system: a comprehensive list of additions and changes

totally agreed with OP, and as a little suggestions to lessen amount of grind - why not just put perks that lessen amount of required stamina\time(if devs gonna change it) lower, somewhat around 75? imho they are too far now, at point when they are literally needed only to grind trough last levels, and even with this its still quite a grind even if you have a resourses, which not always the case

I've added that suggestion as another possible solution as well.

I don't want to play a Telltale game where my "decision matters" or to "choose a class spec" i want to authentical build up a character.
    Its completly bollocks for a smith to exclusivley choose if they wants to get better in charcoalmaking or in ironmaking or for an archer to exclusivley choose if they wants to aim faster or stronger.
    I don't say that should be unlocked for free (i don't want to "unlock gaming perks" at all for that matter), but i want to be able to put effort into getting there.

Different preferences, but I do like choices as well, as long as they make sense and they are meaningful (not choosing between feature and quality of life, for example).
  7. Drithyl

taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

Tbh as a WB vet I like the system because it saves time for me. In WB I had to click 16 times to choose all the necessary equip, and of course with experience it became easy, but still it wasn't optimal. Some people even made mods for auto-equipping themselves to save the precious time. And we used standardized equipment in tournaments anyways, because the metas for optimal loadouts were established early on and used for many years with little changes.

The new system allows me to click 3 times only and provides a great variation of options at the same time, I find it perfect for competitive. If it's also easier for newbies then it's just another argument on why it should stay.

This keeps going back in circles, but the warband system doesn't have to be left as is. There's an armory screen now, it would be trivial to add loadout customization there like many other games of the genre do, i.e. Mordhau, where you create a custom class and select your preferred loadouts to use them in a match in one click. The options here are not "current Bannerlord system" or "old Warband system". Bannerlord was the perfect chance to do a new iteration on Warband's system and flesh out its flaws, rather than throw it out the window.
  8. Drithyl

How to make smithing an engaging system: a comprehensive list of additions and changes

I like the fact that it's a skill in which you can specialize, because it adds to the roleplay aspect, but they need to expand on it to make it more enjoyable, especially with new quests and such. Before this thread I started a campaign solely focused on smithing to gather my thoughts, and put the 5 focus points on it as soon as I could. It levels up pretty fast compared to other skills, but the problem is that you barely ever forge anything to use due to the way part unlocks work at the moment.
  9. Drithyl

I totally agree.
    especially about having to be forced to choose between two perks.
    At this point I preferred that they weren't there (that's why I hate classes in games).
    A tip to improve forging:
    MAKE IT ACTIVE.
    There is the hot iron that from molten has been put in a "mold" in which to solidify to have a certain "rough" shape that needs to be refined, therefore this still hot raw shape is put on the incidine and you literally have to beat it with a hammer blacksmith equipped.
    Using the attack from above (and maybe in person)
    The shape is refined based on where you hit it.
    You can put the iron to heat and then beat it back.
    with the view choose to move the target along the iron and with the left mouse prepare the arm to hit the hot iron.
    The longer you hold the button, the stronger the blow will be.
    So you have to hit the metal along its entire length with a certain amount of force and strokes to refine the shape.
    The difficulty of the process depends on how smooth the skill smithing is.
    Any weapon can always be refined and improved with this process.
    Therefore one cannot irreparably fail.
    You can even make crooked weapons, but you can reshape them.
    Clearly the system must be adapted to any type of craftabile weapon / armor
    The point is that YOU ARE REALLY the one making the weapon and you feel it yours.
    It's not just a "press the button and the weapon sticking out"

This is just an example.
    I would like it even more complex and particular, but I will stop here.

Another system that's more involved would be nice, but what you're describing here is a game of its own, with a lot of complexity, so I doubt they'll go out of their way to implement it.
  10. Drithyl

Yes, but it comes with a drawback in that you can't buy an extra item for a teammate, you have to drop your own.

Fair, but many classes have more than just a primary weapon, especially infantry which can spawn with a sword and an axe, for instance. And the fact that anyone can use anything does little to enforce these perk drawbacks as well. You can take heavily armored infantry and become an archer or a horseman, and vice versa.
  11. Drithyl

It is also possible to eliminate most of the drawbacks of any of the classes (inf, ranged, cav) by swapping gear with teammates (and please don't get me wrong, I love the teamwork and communication involved in gear swapping, I'm just not a fan that there are few, if any, downsides to it).

This point is moot. Bannerlord's system also allows swapping gear among teammates, as well as picking everything from the ground. In fact, it's even more effective than in Warband because every class seems skilled at everything, i.e. a normal archer can ride an armored cataphract horse. There are no drawbacks currently to picking a class or the other besides the armor itself, which is not a huge drawback when even archer classes come in heavily armored tiers.
  12. Drithyl

One final note, by the end of early access I would love to see the addition of an armor tree to the system. This is more of a wish than a practical request at this point <3.

Yeah, I already added that to the features as a natural extension of the system. I'm not sure they'll ever get to adding craftable armors because I think it'd be more complex than weapons, but dreaming is free!
  13. Drithyl

Totally agree, especially with the renown part and that the waiting period could be redesigned to be the time necessary to complete those smithing tasks. Just to let you know, if you put the mouse over your character in the smithing screen you can see the stamina.

Yeah, I also just learned that you can use companions to smith as well, to have several stamina bars, but it just adds to the grind and the clicking insanity.
  14. Drithyl

The idea of having a smithing system to create our very own weapons is great. However, the execution is flawed. I'll list a few things that I think need changed, and other things that could be added to make it an engaging system. This list will by no means cover every possible improvements, so I...
  15. Drithyl

it sucks

The lead dev has already stated that they're not intending to have microtransactions,as far as I know, so no.
Back
Top Bottom