Recent content by Dread Lord

1. Windowed mode (you know the problem)

Frankly, I find it disgusting that taleworlds clearly has a functional windowed mode in Warband and the other expansions but for some reason hadn't bothered to do anything to make it actually work in the original. So, I resort to the forums. Has anyone figured out a way to make the game...
  2. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Here's an idea. An XCOM, or at least, XCOM-esque mod.

By that, I mean, soldiers are individually much stronger, but also, a lot LOT harder to recruit. You can't just go to any old village and get a full army.

I'm not quite sure how you would get them instead... maybe just have a lower party limit so the soldiers are more important?

Either way, the soldiers could use a levelling up system sorta like that Chinese WW2 mod, where you need stuff in your inventory to give to them. The reason is that the 'alien' or at least 'badguy' faction has vastly superior equipment to anything you can buy, so you have to kill them in order to get the good stuff.

Also maybe a Solid and Shade style system, whereby you can trade the enemy equipment for unique armor sets and such.

The idea is that, just like the XCOM series, you don't have a big army, each death is a major impact, and the enemy is vastly superior until you can take advantage of the stolen equipment.
  3. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

I'd like to see a Skyrim mod for Warband.

Now before someone tells me about how it's way too complicated, let me clarify-

I want to see the Skyrim Civil War in Mount and Blade. No dragons, no monsters, just Stormcloaks and Imperials in MP skirmishes.

Magic would be a secondary feature at best, it's not a necessity (neither faction really used magic for warfare), new races wouldn't be too important (imperials were mostly imperial natives, and stormcloaks were racist nords) and it would mainly be a graphical/equipment based mod rather than a detailed complicated project that adds dragons and giants and ridiculous stuff that would take forever to be added into M&B.
  4. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Anyone here heard of Bionicle?

If you have, imagine if the 6 elemental factions went to war, with the Turaga serving as 'kings', Matoran as soldiers and lords, Toa as recruitable heroes in Taverns (or possibly just more powerful lords), masks replacing helmets, Rahi steeds instead of horses, etc.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if there was a commited modeler for it.
  5. The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

How about a Necromancer hunter faction? Like, Paladins or something.

Every time you use the Necronomicon or talk to the blood fountain, it would lower your standing with the paladins a little until they're actively hunting you down. Maybe give them their own town (though I have no idea what it would be or where you would put it)

although I don't think the Paladins should have unique equipment. Maybe weaponry, just so they can actually damage people wearing some of the more powerful Necromancer armors.
  6. RUST THE WHEEL - Ver .026 Released! *Updated September 18, 2012*

I kind of liked it as BLOOD, because the idea of an apocalypse with vampires and werewolves was unique

Although including ninjas, Master Blaster and other strange references did make it hard to take seriously.

Would it be at all possible for a mod using the Vampire and Werewolf factions of BLOOD? If not, I understand, I probably wouldn't do it on a whim of a stranger either. :razz:

Rust the Wheel itself is pretty good though. The apocalypse is always a fun setting. :3
  7. RUST THE WHEEL - Ver .026 Released! *Updated September 18, 2012*

I just use a chainsaw. It's more effective because it actually hits them all of the time.

I would use the Bloodletter but I put it in a chest for safe keeping and I forgot where I put it.
  8. RUST THE WHEEL - Ver .026 Released! *Updated September 18, 2012*

I'm still not going to say it but I'll help a little more at least.

BoA is correct, it's in their territory but "far from civilization". Think about that. "Close to the dead" wasn't as helpful.

EDIT: Alright fine.

For those who don't like looking for secrets.
    Old City 5. Like I said, the armor isn't as useful, but there's a lot of human blood, so if you've got Kitty or Crossbones, you can get an army without much effort.

Speaking of necromancy, I just had a thought. Necromancers need a little more variety, so-

Human blood = Human zombies, right?

Werewolf blood = Werewolf zombies?

I want werewolf zombies.
  9. RUST THE WHEEL - Ver .026 Released! *Updated September 18, 2012*

HunterAlpha1 said:
    now, necromancy is something the Vampires are generally associated with (how do you think they came to exist, anyway?), so i am pretty sure it's in a village somewhere in Vampire territory
    Hm... One of the loading screen quotes mentions a fountain of blood. Unless that's an entirely different thing. But vampire town makes sense. *searches*

EDIT: Found it.

Hint:
    Look for somewhere close to the dead, but far from civilization. A ring of dead trees on top of a mountain, in a place where nobody would search for blood.

It's not as good as other chests, but it looks really friggen awesome, so that makes up for it.

And no, I'm not going to tell you where it is. I found it with my brain, you find it with yours. :razz:
  10. RUST THE WHEEL - Ver .026 Released! *Updated September 18, 2012*

That definitely helps, just need the necromancer now. :grin:
  11. RUST THE WHEEL - Ver .026 Released! *Updated September 18, 2012*

I know where every chest is except for the necromancer chest and the blue thingy chest. Any hints? I know the blue thingy chest is in a tavern, but that's it.
  12. Cheats-Your Opinion

If I use cheats then I have a single save dedicated to cheats. If I start a game without intent to cheat, I never cheat on that game.

Unless you consider "exit without saving" cheating. And playing on easy cheating. But I only do that because I suck.

As for my current cheating game, I've made a necromancer on the Blood mod who I constantly use cheats with. Fun for stress relief and such.
  13. The ? thread

I fully admit that I haven't read through this topic yet, so sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any reason behind the village Tull? (I think it was tull)

You know, apart from being very creepy and damn near giving me a heart attack every time I walk by and it randomly appears out of thin air.
  14. How do you play 1866??

At the moment I've got a rifle, a knife and a big bag of bomb bundles. Very fun to ride into combat while your enemies explode. I've only got the knife because I sometimes get into extended battles, and I can't guarantee that I won't run out of ammo. I mostly ride around on horseback taking shots at everything. I've got good horseback accuracy, so it's not that hard.

My companions at the moment are armed with either pistols or rifles and a spare melee weapon for the same reason, most of them are on horseback but one of them is using a really powerful rifle that can't be used on horseback. I'm too worried they'll blow everyone up to give them bombs.
  15. The Masked One

Due to computer problems, I still have the old version where he's unkillable. At one point the Black Legion sieged one of the Northern Kingdom's territories (I actually noticed the Legion massing, so I followed them there) and I joined in. When it gave me the choice to auto-resolve or fight him properly, I chose to fight him.

"...Wait. Crap."

Yeah everything died.
Back
Top Bottom