Recent content by dphilostrate

1. dphilostrate

Geographic/Ancient Tribes Map of Calradia

Dear TW Developers, what's the story with the Vlandian's ally, the Massa tribe? Are they natives of Calradia or from over the sea?
  2. dphilostrate

Updated to include the ancient tribes and people of Calradia
  3. dphilostrate

Yeah all of it is coming from the in-game encyclopedia.
  4. dphilostrate

Thank you for this. Would be nice for something of the sort to exist in the game, makes it feel so much more like a 'real' inhabited land with different countries.
    I was so excited when I logged into the early access game and saw all the villages had Encyclopedia entries. Then I was bummed to find that all the descriptions were for the pre-EA map. So naturally I was pumped to see they had been upgraded for the current map. It does make things feel much more real and enhances my sense of immersion.
  5. dphilostrate

As far as I can tell the only mistake is 'West to the lands of the Padishah' (should read East) and I feel like this should be to the south-East as well since its analogous to Iran/Persia.

wow, I can’t believe I swapped East for west.

But of course I’m the guy who has to look down at his hands when an army commander shouts at me to protect the left or right flank of the infantry.
  6. dphilostrate

I also forgot to mention that this map uses the "Imperial" names of things. For example, we are told in the encyclopedia that Lake Tanaesis is called Tanaz Sea by the Khuzaits. Or the Aserai have their own names from Calsa River and the Perassic Sea.
  7. dphilostrate

The names of the water and landforms all come from the in-game Encyclopedia. I understand that since the game is still in Early Access some these names or their locations are likely to change as time goes on. Also there was a lot of inconsistency in the Encyclopedia when it came to spellings...
  8. dphilostrate

SP MP Antiquity Eagle Risng - Rise of an Empire

Also if you go into the game's settlements.xml files you will find the names of other tribes such as the Dryatics, Ialoi, Vakken, Vanni, and Laconians. Of course the games encyclopedia entries are not perfectly accurate, but there are a lot of interest lore nuggets you could use. Like the entry for Myzea said a senator named Lito once tried to set up an independent "barbarian republic" of the Palaic people in the area.

Some of the entries also give you the ancient names of settlement such as Charas being Charasea or Rhotae being Rotash.

Fun fact, the entries say that Charas was the first capital of the Empire and thought to the first settlement of Caladrios the Great.
  9. dphilostrate

SP MP Antiquity Eagle Risng - Rise of an Empire

Love the idea for this. Though would suggest that you not begin with a Calradoi Empire, but some sort of Calradoi Confederation...I remember reading in the lore they formed a confederation when they forced city-states to unite with them. It would be interesting if there was something which you could do in the course of your mod which triggers the Calradoi Confederation to become the Calradoi Empire. It would be interesting witness their little alliance of cities change into a full on empire.
  10. dphilostrate

Food Shortage

I have tried to keep up with everything listed under Consumption and so far as I have found the largest negatives in the food stocks come from a lack of grain or a lack of fish. But I did not know that about the caravans bringing in 70% of food.
  11. dphilostrate

Food Shortage

I would like to be able to put food in my stash and allow the town to draw upon it before using the market resources, but I do not think this or using a granary would be implemented.

The food being in the market plays a role in the game’s supply and demand functions so any solution would have to avoid affecting this.

I get that demand for food should grow as prosperity grows (it makes it easier for me to think of prosperity as actually representing population), but the problem arises for towns with minimal sources of food in surrounding villages. Maybe every village should produce about 25 to 30 Grain so their villagers can sell this in the towns more easily. Also I had observed caravans like to sell expensive goods that they may only have 2 or 3 units of, while the transfer of food is not a priority.
  12. dphilostrate

Kingdom politics legal policies needs changing

I would love to see that as a player chooses more populist policies, aristocratic policies, or monarchical policies then the types of policies they can implement will be more restricted, maybe even have special policies that can only be enacted once a kingdom as become a hardcore populist/aristocratic/monarchical state.

I would like to see kingdoms more different from each other by having policies some of the others cannot have.
  13. dphilostrate

End game is a disaster for me

I've finally got a Kingdom, 2 cities and one castle, $2M cash, $5,000 day income, 6 companions and 4 armies .. but I'm going under. This is because I'm a small fish in a small pond ,with 2 large sharks. The sharks keep trying to eat me. I want to become a vassal to one of the sharks .. but there is no option to submit .. sigh.

RAGE quits are common now. .. must accept my fate. The end is nigh ..

Have you tried asking any of your enemies’s vassals or even you non-enemy’s vassals to join you? I have found this to be great way to turn any tide if I feel outmatched.
  14. dphilostrate

Do people like Smithing as a concept

Smithing is not a part of the RPG experience for me. I am not roleplaying that I am a craftsman or anything. Smithing is more like a slot machine where I keep using my materials to create junk while waiting for the components I want to unlock.

I am not getting anything I can use from smithing. I mostly get better stuff from looting. Maybe if I started smithing in the early game I would be using the weapons I make—but in the early game I mostly have to sell looted items.

I get the stamina thing as a way to control overuse, but this would only make sense if I was able to make anything useful with smithing.

I would enjoy smithing more if it allowed me to improve or enhance my existing weapons, or just to make aesthetic changes like switching a hilt out.
  15. dphilostrate

SP - General 1st Athletics Perk should be Run Speed Increase

I think a basic run speed increase as the third or fourth perk would motivate me to get off my horse more. But the there should be another larger run speed increase as the last or second to last perk.
Back
Top Bottom