Recent content by Don Duque

1. Don Duque

EU NW Battle Open NWRP N&S Campaign

Cool! looking forward to it!
  2. Don Duque

Patch Notes e1.0.7

Let me explain some changes :

Why max stake of bets are reduced to 150 from 300 :
    Currently player can bet again and again in each round and if he is good at combat he can make lots of money from betting. If he was able to bet only at round-1 no need to reduce limit however you can bet each round and it is a bit overpowered and player is not thinking or checking odds before betting he/she nearly always bet.

Max odd is increased from 2 to 3 and odds decrease after you win tournaments :
    If you are at early days of your game you will get higher odds. Because you are not a known fighter yet. You can win much at early steps of game by this. However if you win 5-10 tournament odds will be lower and lower after your each win. So we want you to do different things in game not making money from repetative tournaments 20-30 times a year. In real life bookies work same. If one outcome has lots of win in its history its odd's drop after each win.

10K cap for plunder from a lord party :
    Because of some economy problems AI sometimes be very rich after 5-10 years. We are trying to fix these things and hold money of npc lords in balance however until we fix these problems and stop money inflation of some lords best way was cap this amount. Normally you plunder 5% of lord's gold and if he has 1M you plunder 50K and this also make game so luck-based after one battle getting 50K breaks game's economy. We watch lots of gameplays and we see lots of players have huge amount of money in long term play. This is not good for your gameplay.

65% less horse loot from inventories :
    Currently lords carry lots of horses in their inventories to speed up their parties. When you beat a lord party on map you get lots of his horses and this make player very rich. We can assume horses are dying and running during a battle and you can get 35% of them alive. We can increase this 50% after we make lords buying cheap horses generally but currently they also carry expensive horses too.

Snowballing issues :
    Currently this problem is in better point compared to first release and we did not stop working on this. We will continue working on this issue. When one kingdom get 35%+ of lands other kingdoms will be more cautious aganist this kingdom and they will try to stop them before they are more powerfull. However it is not yet implemented. Will be implemented in next patches.
    I appreciate the explanation but I still can't help think that 150 is miniscule, to put it into context, 1 recruit costs what, 20? so if you make 100 profit from tournament bets you won what, 5 recruits? Melee AI has already hugely improved and it doesn't help early game when you're going up against lords that have armor so tanky that you have to sit there and whack them for 10 minutes whilst if they hit you once you're dead - I understand the need to work on the economy but tournaments are essential (atleast to me and i know to a few others) for making that extra little of cash early game and mid to late game the 300 denar bets were practically worthless, If you want to fix the economy, personally i'd suggest increasing troop wages, or adding an inflation mechanic, eg prices increase 1% every season.
  3. Don Duque

About that 65K plate armor.

65k? The armour i got i had to pay 420k for it but holy crap it's worth it, and since it was late game I was quite wealthy (2-3M) so it wasn't too much of a huge issue - in patch 1.06.
  4. Don Duque

Patch Notes e1.0.7

Extremely happy with all the updating thats been going on recently but i've just got one question - I started a SP in 1.02, we're now at 1.07 - are there any major risks associated with running it, and does the update affect the previous save as in for example,the 10k cap or will it run like a 1.02SP?
Back
Top Bottom