Recent content by dinnerblaster

1. dinnerblaster

What are you reading now?

Peter H. Wilson's A Thirty Years' War: Europe's Tragedy
  2. dinnerblaster

What's your favorite era and location for a strategic/tactical video game?

Definitely the era between the Peace of Westphalia and the Congress of Vienna (1648-1815), the Golden Age of the musket and the precursor to modern warfare.
  3. dinnerblaster

L'Aigle Development Log Thing.

The second dev was banished to Montenegro
  4. dinnerblaster

We're going to have a blast then :grin: How about the culture of recruited troops, are they going to be nation instead of village specific this time, please?
  5. dinnerblaster

I've been extremely inactive lately, but from what I've gathered the next thingys are to be included in the version?

- A couple of new town and battle scenes
    - Some new uniforms
    - New menu art
    - Snow

Did I miss anything vital?
  6. dinnerblaster

Russian expansion mini-mod

Jacobhinds said:
    Jackson ??? said:
    Do you have any idea who you're talking to?

Agovic

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru  :grin:
  7. dinnerblaster

Speculation aside, has Taleworlds ever actually contacted you? I know they have some members of the modding community, such as the creators of Mount&Musket, Bryttenwalda and 1866.
  8. dinnerblaster

Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

Make Montenegro a playable faction.
  9. dinnerblaster

[Delete]

I wasn't going to sleep anyway.
  10. dinnerblaster

The Great War Documentary Series (Week by Week)

Gotta give a salute to the Central Powers. Last year they survived the Somme and the Brusilov offensive, stopped Italy at Isonzo and the British at Mesopotamia, conquered Romania and managed to continue fighting in eastern Africa and Somalia (the Dervish state). Pretty good considering their resources and geopolitical position.

Verdun, eastern Mesopotamia and Suez were pretty fatal **** ups, though.
  11. dinnerblaster

World News Today, brought to you by TW

I don't know if anyone caught this, but a few days ago BBC reported on 1500 refugees fighting with local police in Bulgaria.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38090753?post_id=1855648964722122_1855649384722080#_=_

What a nice vision of the future we have here.
  12. dinnerblaster

World War 2 in movie form chronologically

For anyone interested, I've updated the OP with an thoroughly remade, corrected and expanded version of the list.
  13. dinnerblaster

Why is there no Vyborg?

The North Eastern parts of the map are empty enough as they are and then there's even a whole historical town missing. Edit. I noticed it is there, though with some pre-civilization name and merely as a village. 4/10 §h1ttý mod.
  14. dinnerblaster

General History Questions thread

Here's a historical question for ya'll, anyone remember Obama? Me neither.
  15. dinnerblaster

Was WW1 really the first world war?

Umm...

I'm not saying my personal standards aren't up to debate (because that was one of the points of the thread and jacobhinds challenged them with an excellent example), but I do consider them relatively accurate because I've based them on views and opinions given by historians.

But kweassa, we have to remember here that world war status is not a prize any major war can claim but a description of a single confined conflict's physical spread, which in the given context is directly global in contemporary sense. If we'd go by the standards you're giving then indeed many large area-covering wars from the Crusades to the Thirty Years' War, the war of the Spanish Succession, the American and Kongo Civil Wars as well as the ongoing War on Terror could be classified as world wars. However in my mind that would be biased nonsense and make the term seem more ambiguous than it actually is.

Though I'm glad that there are strong opinions on the subject, I must agree with Mamlaz that bringing race into the discussion is utterly tasteless and only shows lack of understanding regarding the near complete lack of value contemporary white people actually give to their skin color.

For example, I personally consider WW2 having started in 1937 in China instead of 1939 in Poland, a viewpoint that is getting discussed more and more in the west novadays. Reasons for my... reasoning aren't also based on abstract racial reasons, but on political ones.

And yeah, the Imjin War was a great one and absolutely worthy of more attention in the west. But a world war it wasn't in any reasonable sense. And there were multiple longstanding fronts and theaters in WW1 outside of Europe.
Back
Top Bottom