Recent content by Ding

1. Castle/City/Village Depth

Does anyone know if we are ever going to get some sort of deeper experience/interaction with towns and castles and villages? At the moment its such a shallow experience interacting with them. I'm meaning with upgrades and managing them. So poor at the moment. I feel it could be a much richer and...
  2. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Until they fix sieges and actually make the game have a lot more depth and longevity then it's pointless for anyone to reinstall this game.
  3. Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

Ladies and Gents. The game is a mess. It's been a mess since release. I like you all once moaned and complained about how the game played and all the bugs that occured. You know what I did.... I stopped playing the game. I'm giving it at least a few months then I'll play it again. Its just not worth the hassle at the moment. I'm sure most of you will agree. We all need to learn some patience and relax.
  4. Patch Notes e1.1.2 & Beta Hotfix

incoming.... patch me up daddy.
  5. Patch Notes e1.1.2 & Beta Hotfix

This patch I feel answers my questions... they're 100% working on a bigger major overhaul to Combat AI. These small tweaks are just to keep us going until then.
  6. Garrisons are Worse than Useless

1. Yes it does.
    2. No they aren't. They work fine. I have zero issues with them.
    3. Yes. This means prosperous cities with large garrisons must be actively defended. It means towns involved in war get devastated and they take time to nurture, grow and become stable. Sounds good.
    4. Yes they are. Have you realize how long it takes not just for food storage to deplete, but also for a garrison to be fully depleted? If you somehow were not aware of your garrison being depleted while the villages are being raided for months then that's on you. (Although an alert that a garrison just started depleting wouldn't hurt.)

The idea that you should just be able to shove 800 soldiers in a city, check it off as defended and stable and then move on to the next to conquer is silly. Out of all the half-implemented and broken things in the game and the economy right now food, garrisons, prosperity, hearths, and everything else you mentioned are some of the most complete and functional.

The only thing lacking at the moment is proper line of sight and/or alerts from villages and towns so that the enemy can't stealth march a 1000-man army to a town behind enemy lines and start sieging.
    Ah all your opinions are yours but let me break down your reply.

1. No it 100 does not fix the issue. it temporarily fixes it for a few days but then every trade caravan in the map comes along and buys all the food you just traded because guess what.... you just flooded the market with a tonne of food and the price for that food item now plummets so every caravan comes along to buy and make a profit.... so you are wrong on that.
    2. Prosperity is illogically set extremely high and unmanagable when the game starts. a lot if not all of the cities are in a permenant negative because of high prosperity. A huge effect of this is due to lack of food. the lack of food is due to either raided villages or low hearth count of said villages... so guess what, the villages from the get go arent able to cope with the high prosperity and so food management is broken.
    3. takes far too long to nurture and defend 24/7 . The player cant go anywhere on the map in fear of villages or city being attacked and raided. great so now the player forced to just sit around villages and cities and constantly wait. seems like a great past time and lots of fun to be had.
    4. mate dont even start with this argument. when a city is sieged the 160 max food supply is gone in a day or 2, maybe at a push 3. So its far from enough. Its not months worth of food storage its days. so I'm half way across the map campaigning for my faction and by the time I come back either my city has been taken, my villages are raided and up in smoke and my garrison of high tier units I have spent hours and hours in game leveling up is completely gone or reduced to pretty much nothing. Yes yet again sounds likes a great amount of fun.

By no means am I wanting to store hundreds and hundreds of men in my cities but I would like to know whoever I do stick in there isnt going to dissapear.

Your opinion about these systems being in good working condition is semi-correct, they just dont function form a basic design point of view.
  7. Armor bug

Hi Devs. Recent patch seems to have made all battanian lords armor glitch out into some weird blocky image. just fyi
  8. Garrisons are Worse than Useless

Technically you could be defending your fiefs from raids too, so there is that. I agree food is not well optimized, but I haven't had too many problems with it as long as I babysit my fiefs while at war.
    Who wants to spend spare time babysitting.... it's not exactly why I bought the game but fair enough if you can/want to do that.
  9. Garrisons are Worse than Useless

Honestly all of your replies. Have you all been living under a rock. Plenty of older posts on this forum give exact details as to why this is happening.

1. Trading food into your city does not fix the issue
    2. Prosperity/Food are wrongly working at the moment.
    3. The only way to solve this issue at the moment is to increase hearths at villages. This itself is a crazy solution because they fluctuate so much if being raided during war times that food just plummets at your city.
    4. Stored food amounts are not enough for cities.

All of what I've said has already been mentioned hundreds of times and the devs are aware and looking into it.
  10. Garrisons are Worse than Useless

For me i just beffed militia to 500-600 man, so i dont care about AI garrisons at all.
    What are you talking about. The whole point to my answer was that negative food effects both militia and garrison. It doesnt matter if you dont use a garrison and just max out militia... militia will still deplete with negative food. My answer gives the option of paying for the Garrison and negating the effect food has.
  11. Garrisons are Worse than Useless

This is a well known issue that everyone is having and multiple posts have been made about it. The city economy is actively being looked at by the devs. May I suggest a really good mod that actually removes food usage for garrisons? It's called V's garrison no starve. It makes you pay a bit more for garrison upkeep but removes completely the food dependency. Negative food now only effects militia.
  12. Patch Notes e1.1.1 & Beta Hotfix

How many attempts do you guys need to fix siege towers... its getting ridiculous now. if anything its gotten worse.
    How many attempts do you guys need to fix siege AI.... its getting ridiculous now. if anything its getting alot worse.
    How many attempts do you guys need to fix combat AI. Again its went from 1 extreme to the other. Very poor.
    How many attempts do you guys need to fix world economy...How many tweaks/nerfs are going to be enough to stop players playing the game. you are seriously pushing away a lot of players from this game. Or forcing the players that are left to play this open world sandbox game a very specific way.

Why patch stuff if it makes absolutely no difference to what the patch was intended to fix. Seriously are you guys even remotely testing this stuff before we get our hands on it in beta.

This is NOT EA. This is a fully fledged ALPHA with even the basic foundations not solid or even implemented. its embarrassing. STOP Nerfing stuff and implement the bloody basics to the game.

For many the game was and still is unplayable due to hardware issues/optimisation issues from day 1. its yet more basic foundations that have been half attempted and rushed.. and again more akin to an ALPHA than an EA build

Mods right now as I type this are fixing more of the game that what you the developers are. Surely thats really embarrassing for you that basic features even from warband are not in this game and have had to be modded into Bannerlord.

It must have literally came down to either wasting another "x" amount of years doing god knows what to "improve" the game behind closed doors and then get to the point of bankruptcy with no more money coming in. Or release the game now in "EA", claim it is EA or risk the player base leaving as the hype had all gone.

I totally get that you guys are patching the game like mad right now to fix alot of issues but it should never have got to this stage.

I feel like you are rushing patches out without a serious plan or roadmap as to whats next. Communications to us the customers have been very poor apart from the odd response here and there from a Developer.

I really hope you start concentrating on actually developing the game further and putting more meat on the bones because right now all there really is is a basic combat simulator with terrible AI.

Very shallow experience for EA.
  13. Patch Notes e1.1.1 & Beta Hotfix

Guys, please use this mod, You will start losing to AI and no longer complain.
    I dont get it. How can someone fix all this with a mod yet the developers seem to be completely lost.
  14. Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

Omg a developer has actually communicated back to us. A rare thing. Also just want to +1 on identical stuff being available in every city. Really defeats the point of travelling and searching when it's all the Same. Anyway I'm sure they're working on soo soo much lovely new patches and feature implementation.
  15. Stop nerfing things.

The thing is we have had little to no feedback from TW on this 1.2 Beta and the patches/nerfs that came with it. Was it intentional? What was the reasoning behind the nerfing and did they even consider the effect its had on cities? is it having a direct effect on cities or have they broke something else in the process of nerfing caravans? The answer is nowone knows because nowone at TW's is talking or giving us info as far as I am aware. Very poor comms IMO.
Back
Top Bottom