Recent content by Diavolo

1. Diavolo

How good or bad bannerlord multiplayer

My impression is that the main difference between the games are the animations. Bannerlord has a lot more camera bouncing up and down, attack animations feeling like twohanded swords behaving like a sledgehammer, and everytime you make a stab attack, especially with onehanders, your character gets arthritis and needs to take a break before stabbing and also a long pause after stabbing. But the new animations make it more satisfying when you wack some dude in the head with your great axe.
  2. Diavolo

It's 2024. Spears still suck

I recently have been playing the multiplayer mod cRPG for bannerlord. There they have made many changes to the combat mechanics, so much in fact that people are complaining that hoplites are too strong. For all the people here who wants to play a spear user, go play cRPG, it’s a lot of fun even after they inevitably nerf spears a bit again.
  3. Diavolo

Blocking with weapons too effective

Install the Realistic battle mod, it is a bit strange to get used to understanding how much damage each weapon does, but it makes for a more fun game and solved what troubles you here.
  4. Diavolo

It's 2024. Spears still suck

I'll just post this good classic Lindybeige video showing exactly how powerful the spear is. Keep in mind the people in this video were very experienced with fighting with swords, but were completely beginners at spears.

As for making the power of the spear apparent in mount & blade I am not sure how it can be done without altering the mechanics completely. The main issue of hand-eye-coordination not being that great in a 3rd person game as in real life will always be an issue. However, my proposed changes is to just triple (maybe quintuple) the thrust damage of all spears and double the speed of spear thrust attacks when used 2-handed.
  5. Diavolo

Can we just hand out the game to modders?

I just wanna play Prophesy of Pendor in Bannerlord
  6. Diavolo

Sid Meier warns the games industry about monetisation

I'm expecting those skins in MP to eventually be monetized with ingame currency. I see no other explanation for making us grind for skins (alot of those skins currently found in SP) with gold and the focus on the class system.
    That is exactly what I have been thinking as well. The only reason to stick with clunky "features" that essentially have killed Bannerlord is that they are hoping that eventually the game will become popular and they can turn on the money printing machine. (aka mtx)
  7. Diavolo

Cavalry Menavlions

Could they not just remove the attack direction of swinging when on horseback? That is how it works in Warband and that's great. Just stab when on horseback. Simple.
  8. Diavolo

Inf op, cav useless

Make inf run faster than cav. Cav is already tankier and better in melee.
    that might balance things out a little.
  9. Diavolo

Fire arrows in bannerlord.

The fire is snuffed out when the arrow is fired. They don't work. Fire arrows are seen in movies because it looks cool.
  10. Diavolo

State of Shield Infantry in 1.5.5

Can't they just make archers unable to have shields or 2handed/polearms?

Then make 2handed/polearms great, as well as shields.

Xbowmen should be allowed the pavise shields though, but those shields should be quite heavy so if they hold it in their arm or on their back it should slow them down quite a lot.

My suggested buff for shields is to make them block arrows in a bigger area so that they are great against archers.

To fix cav make them have less manouvrebility and make sure that two handed spears for infantry (pikes) are longer than the longest lance. (need two hands to hold super long thing and cav should honestly always hold the lance in one hand as they need the other hand on the reins)
  11. Diavolo

Removed this predefined classes

Soon the multiplayer mod tools will be released and everyone will play cRPG or Mercenaries and forget this horrible class system ever existed.
  12. Diavolo

I want my money back!

If you have played less than 2 hours you can go to steam -> help -> click on the game and select that you want a refund. You don't need a reason.
  13. Diavolo

MP Native cRPG

what we need is the old peasant rock flinging chaos of the old days.
  14. Diavolo

Tournaments... questionably implemented?

The tournaments right now are very much about having good armor. With good armor you cannot lose, but with **** armor you need at least a bit of skill. (or just an armor piercing weapon)

The money you get from tournaments is very good in the first ones you do, and then it drops down to practically nothing.
  15. Diavolo

Glancing and hit consistency

Honestly I don't see any good reason why glancing should even be in the game.
Back
Top Bottom