Recent content by Dianoctis

1. Dianoctis

Armies vs many groups ?

It's not just waiting for different groups. Even large armies will not attack your siege camp. It seems they cannot attack you. It is also not possible for me to attack other siege camps :-/

Yeah i've seen this too, it's a bit of a problem if your cannot even attack armies besieging castles.
    You can still wait until they have attacked and then retake the castle evantually but it has a risk that during the preparation another army will do the exact same.
  2. Dianoctis

Armies vs many groups ?

Ahaha, yeah I can totally see that now that you say it.

And yeah this is the kind of solution I had in mind.
  3. Dianoctis

Armies vs many groups ?

So this isn't a suggestion as it is more a question. In bannerlord armies are one entity composed of lords, not many groups following each others. However, the game still has the feature that if a group is nearby said army, it can join the feud. Now that being said the IA more or less do a...
  4. Dianoctis

Count Tarchias

Blimey, I don't know who is the impostor that posted this thread !
    Certainly an idiot
  5. Dianoctis

Count Tarchias

Hm, does anyone knows why my profile picture and name has changed to count tarchias ? xD Is it a punishment for bad behavior or something ? My name and profile picture are totally different than this originally
  6. Dianoctis

Ranked server list and other stuff

pretty sure they are busy fixing bugs atm

Yeah it wasn't a reproach or anything, i've just seen the dev saying to someone that asked about why he didn't get xp on custom to go to suggestions if they wanted to talk about it.

It's by no mean something that needs to be adressed right now.
    Also why am i named count Tarchias now ?
  7. Dianoctis

During the beta developers have said they will be adding a Ranked mode eventually but it's not a first priority.

Alright cool then :smile:
  8. Dianoctis

I really didn't want to be this disappointed

Not at all sure why you made this comment, as it seems more or less the exact opposite of what I said.

I am not shocked TaleWorlds was not able to do more with the engine. What I hope for is that it is good enough for the modders to add enough content to keep it interesting over time. Stating that none of the big box developers want to take on this project is as much as to say no one with the resources to crank a truly awesome engine wants to make it available to modders.

They want to monetize the modding as well. even though a ton of truly awesome stuff can be modded, because, as you say, the technical difficulty of it is much reduced, they want that easy money locked away behind a proprietary licensing agreement. So of course they are not going to build an easy modding tool and then make it available to the community attached to a top of the line engine.

Sorry I have misread what you said. I think the general negativity of many people here and the constant "devs are lazy" talk is getting to my head.
    And yes I agree with you on the whole thing, and i'm certainly exited to see those modding tools to come and what the modding community will do.
  9. Dianoctis

So Let's make a list of what features are missing from this "early access"

I know, but in the ops image, he labels "Has an unique map for every location" with a "No" for Warband, what is not true as far as I am aware of. There are some villages I probably never visited in Warband, but I can not remember seeing some map more than once, with the exception of battlemaps of course, these are tied to the world map and only change with the generation, so fighting in the same/near place gives you the same/slightly shifted battlemap.

I see, yeah to be honest I haven't played that much vanilla so i wouldn't know about that but certainly seems correct.
  10. Dianoctis

Hi there fellow M&B players and Dev team, I've been playing since the beta and I just wanted to share a bit of though about the way XP and win/loose score could be handled. I think there needs to be a filter for the list of server for ranked games and custom (so not counting xp ect) games...
  11. Dianoctis

Resolved High Ping

On the top left did you took the right region for servers ?
    If you had a ping that high it seems to me that you got placed in a server far from your continent.
  12. Dianoctis

Resolved Level not going up.

You only get XP from matchmaking, not custom battles.
    Been that way since the beta
  13. Dianoctis

I really didn't want to be this disappointed

Please not again.

Look. "Early Access" and "Sap" need to stop being made into a synonym. It has been more than enough time for more innovation than this. The issue is no big box developers want to take this on, and that in its turn is because a truly awesome modable game of this type more or less makes game dev obsolete.

What I like, and what I want to know more about, is the modability. That is what will make or break this game for me. Can people keep making it better and better without being forced to go back and back and back to paid DLC?

I am enjoying the game so far, btw... So. FWIW, don 't really agree with the OP's sentiments, but understand their view.

Although modders clearly made warband better, I think you really underestimate what kind of effort it takes to create a game like this.
    People seems to forget that modders build on an entire already existing complex infrasctructure that is the game itself.

Don't get me wrong i'm not undermining the modders work one bit, they put crazy amount of hours and effort to make these awesome mods, but it's still different than creating an engine and an entire fonctionning game.
  14. Dianoctis

Warband has an unique map for everything as far as I am aware of, except you count some court rooms/taverns, these look very similar sometimes. Many mods and Viking Conquest repeat some scenes, but in not in nativ.

This was in the early access description, not all the scenes for all the town are done, so some of them are reused.
  15. Dianoctis

I think people are mainly surprised with just how far from finished it is. You generally think as Early Access as the refining process for a Beta, especially with a tiny Dev that needs to be developed over time. But single player right now is a pretty mid level alpha and not a mostly feature complete game that just needs refining. I think people were hoping for a game that was a few months from being finished, but this is likely over a year off if not more.

They said it would stay in early acess for about a year. People don't read what developper says, buy the game blindly and then rage about it.

I will give them that the lots of breaking bugs are a bit heeeh (i had the chance to not run into them yet)
    However for the "state" of the game, even when people think "beta" they think of a ubisoft game beta wich is absolutely not one. It's an almost finished game and a marketing strategy.

And i don't really agree, the singleplayer have plenty of things to do in it already. But it is lacking some important feature to make it complete yeah. For me it checks the "early acess" box. It means what it means, an early acess to a game, whether it's in alpha or beta, it is in the state the developper stated before releasing said early access.
Back
Top Bottom