Recent content by DeZako

1. DeZako

The Trading Post - Tips & Tricks Exchange

I actually do not know. :grin: I have not seen the herd debuff so far, as I have not delved into what and how things affect your movement speeds. In that case one would have to think about, whether selling of the horses is a good idea.
    And to delve more into this: There are three different pack animals so far: The Mule, the sumpter horse and the camel, with the mule having the largest profit margin and the camel being dirt cheap everywhere I went so far (south and east, mostly). I could only sell it once for 40, while I sold horses for 60 and Mules for 120.
    And while they do have different stats, they have the same carrying stats and I do not know if one does slow you down more than others.
    As far as I have seen, they are pretty much the same except price wise. No idea why...

i've found that the sturgian towns are all set up for trade in raw materials. they produce flax and fur near exclusively, but no linnen weaveries in any of their towns. instead you find things like potteries, carpenters, wool weaveries, etc. often even two of the same in a single city.
    as such, caravans started in sturgian cities, like tyal or omor, will benefit greatly exporting flax and fur and bringing back wool, clay, wood, etc for the workshops. double profit.
    however, once war really get going the supply of raw materials is used up locally first, resulting in a crippled economy. without raw materials to bring back, their cities stop producing. only the village output remains, which get raided quite easily due to the weakened economy as lords field smaller armies.
    the sturgians are helpless without player intervention as to which workshops are located in their cities.
    That seems like a ****ed up bug, might need reporting...
  2. DeZako

- Your pack animals slow you down greatly, so when you have capacity left, and will traverse Khuzait or Aserai territory (or any territory with horse pastures) shortly, just sell your pack animals and gain profit from them.
    I'll add your tips to the main post later, just wanted to check this, sint the speed penalty only if you have too many? (The "herd" debuff)
  3. DeZako

A wishlist of things (mostly quality of life issues, really)

By and large, a solid +1 from me on most of these. I'd add a couple of points, to build on yours:

Skills:
    I have seen the assessments by others, but a bigger issue I see is that many perks (even if they'd work) seem lackluster, or even a bit of an issue. 1-3% more of health or damage seems minuscule. A good example is also the Tactics tree - this seems geared to make simulated battles (auto-resolve, right?) easier, but quite a few perks are really only good for manual battles. Why would I need to be able to position my troops before the battle if I am mostly autocalcing? And if I want to do so for manual combat, I have to dump a lot of points into a skill that assists me only when avoiding manual combat. A bit problematic, and makes this a very unattractive skill in my opinion. In general, it seems at the moment only Steward, Riding/Athletics, Smithing and the combat skills are worthwhile, all others seem marginal in effect at best, also because they are either nearly impossible to raise, or at least very hard. As is, the skill system has a lot of promise but doesn't deliver. TLDR - please make skills and perks a lot more impactful.

One of the most important things they should solve ASAP. This is essential. Skill acquisition (both the speed and the unclearness of the methods) are something many people are complaining about.

Quests:
    I haven't seen people talk about this, and hope it isn't a common request - we could use more base quests. No complicated questlines, just simple quests similar to the once in the game. Maybe even just variants - maybe search the male heir who ran to join the army instead of the daughter, that kind of thing. Spruce it up a little if possible.

I have also noticed that once you go up in clan tier, some quests stop appearing. Its much harder to gain relationship with village headsmen once you hit tier 1, and having like two quests available. I'd much rather if going up in tier increased the range of quests available.
  4. DeZako

Alright, editing the main post with all your contributions, so newcomers have some more context!

Very true. Askar and the surrounding villages are the breadbasket of the continent. I buy by the thousands between 5-7/unit. And sell to war torn, food scarce areas for anywhere between 14-22/unit. Despite profiting from desperate starving people, you have the potential to make a killing off of grain. Fish too, dont rely solely on trade goods!

I wont spoil too much in hopes that people discover some routes themselves, but i will say a trip to the desert has its merits. Not even mentioning how much certain goods and livestock can be sold for in Aserai, stock up on plenty of cheap grain, dates, and Desert/Aserai horses. The northern realms pay top denar for these.

Haven't really gone that far south in my current run, might be worth it to go down south for a spell...
  5. DeZako

I was able to buy grain for 4-5 each from Askar at some point. I bought the whole giant stack and then proceeded to sell it all over Carradale for double the price.

Good times, good times.

Man you better hold on to that grain. Seek the "village needs grain quests" and do them on the spot, last time I earned close to 35 per unit of grain. Also, you might be able to sell it quite regularly for over 13 denars, my selling cutoff being 15
  6. DeZako

Another tip: prices when trading with caravans or villages remains static no matter how much you buy/sell in a trade. Caravans often carry >10k denars on them, so if they're offering a good margin (I now consider good margins to be 100-150% ROI) they're the most efficient means massive profit on your trade goods. However, caravans rarely offer cheap goods for sale. Thankfully, villages do!

Right I noticed that... Was thinking of reporting it. As beneficial as it may seem, I feel it's waaaaay too exploitable. Like, it's the same thing with villages, but those have a much lower amount of money on hand so it's not as easily gameable.

I'd love it if there was more distinction between the trading entities:

- villages pay more for processed goods, and offer cheap raw materials, BUT they have close to no money, so you'll have to do multiple villages to offload all the stock. Right now I think this is already somewhat in place, but I'd want to see the differences more accentuated. Stock doesnt affect prices much, they'll pay 61 for the first unit of wool, for example, and 58 for the 100th (if they could afford it).

- cities pay more for raw materials and less for processed goods. Stock makes the prices fluctuate way more than in villages, so the same wool as before would be sold at 70 denars the first unit, and 40 the 100th (for example)

-caravans offer a middle term. Medium fluctuation, medium prices. Sometimes cheap sometimes expensive, but never the highes or lowest pricepoints. Prices fluctuate somewhat with stock, but not as much as in cities.

Whaddaya think?

Also, RPing traders rise up!
  7. DeZako

I started my first save as battle-oriented and earned 200k easily by accepting mercenary and joining armies. When the army u in wins a battle, game gives you lords as prisoners which is a bad idea selling them and making money out of them is tooooo easy.
    This is interesting, but I can trust the game right now with the balancing issues (low XP gain, cavalry being overwhelming, lord AI being a bit wonky...) you can't really guarantee victory with certain factions (my beloved Sturgians usually get their **** kicked in) so lords are a bit above my paygrade now (I'm playing super slow, still haven't gotten to max clan tier). Maybe it's a late game problem?

Than I wanted to stay out of fights because I was having toooo low fps on first days /it is gettin better every patch. I started as a trader. First I talked to people in taverns to hear profitable prices, and I bought 500-1000gold value items and sold to neighbour cities only. My first 5-10k gold took several hours. Because I was forgeting prices and new to all items.
    When my trading skill increase/I guess, game started to show price rumours itself and I started to move according to them. Still when I move to a new city I was forgeting what to sell. I tried to make money, increase horses and capacity, than I bought a workshop. Started a caravan, bought second workshop and it costed me 5-6 hours gameplay only spend to trading.

You guys do equipment trading? I usually just sell them to the first village or town I find (mostly trash gear form bandits, no lord gear), but never considered buying and selling equipment without using it.

Also, a gripe I have with trade rumours is that they sometimes show cities on the other end of the world that can, when you get around there, have dropped the prices, so thats wonky.

You may use a spreedsheet but after a time I started to recognize what are average prices. 7-9-10 gold for grain is very cheap and 14-15-16 gold is good to sell, 10-15 gold fish, 15gold hardwood, salt under 30, oil wine around 60ties, or other many units.
    Animals are a good unit because they dont fill your capacity, there are some villages produce cow and hogs, but sometimes producers may sell expensive.
    Choosing a workshop type with villages of the city producing material of that workshop is looking like a better choice.
    Some regions are rich of some unit /fish for sea cities, after wandering around world you start to learn these areas.

Those are solid tips, mind if I add them to the main post? Also, I think there was someone compiling prices in a spreadsheet to get the minimum maximum prices.

The problem is this is mount and blade, you have to fight! and I went on leadership-trade orianted. I earned 100k from nothing with only trading, but I couldnt find somewhere to spend it. Later in the game I bought expensive stuff from cities for myself and followers but still having lots of money doesnt give advantage. maybe if you create your own kingdom it might be different.
    2nd problem is fighting - killing - selling prisoners is faaaar more profitable. So I think reaching positive income is main purpose I will have on my next saves. Buying several workshops or having caravans, than everything is going smoother. Now I have more than a million but got much of it from fighting + 3k gold income per day.

Yeah, the game needs some money sinks. Maybe organise sea routes, more buildings in cities, build hideouts, anything to sink money into that isn't an inmediate return on investment.

I agree killing enemy armies is way too profitable and money quickly becomes irrelevant after a few months,I always end up with a million gold just fighting and selling all the stuff (when I'm over a certain amount of money I don't even take the loot to sell anymore)
    The game needs a lot of balance money-wise.
    When you create your own kingdom you start using influence more than money too,and in most cases influence is like money,you get too much too fast (maybe the first 2 weeks influence is hard to get but after that is just pointless,I have over 20k influence and I'm always leading armies of 800-1000 troops and voting 300 influence whenever I get the chance to improve realtions with other clans,it's not like I'm saving any influence)

That seriously needs some rebalancing. Money sinks, adjusting income, all those nice things. Equipment prices are bonkers right now though, crossbows for tens of thousands... not very balanced.
  8. DeZako

Hi DeZako!
    I've been keeping track of how much I pay for trade goods in a spreadsheet.
    I've noticed that when I look at my inventory outside of any trade screen, the value given for my trade goods are very close to the average price I paid for them, calculated in my spreadsheet.
    I'm 80% sure these values are what the game is considering when it calculates profits.

I agree it would be useful to be able to see this in a trade screen but if you're keeping your own record, you can use the numbers in your inventory screen (extra points for writing it on parchment with a quill :wink:)
    Really? I thought that just meant the price you could sell it for in the surrounding towns...

Im also keeping track of things, in a notebook because I'm a big nerd that likes to feel inmersed, but man oh man is it helping
  9. DeZako

SP - General Quality of life tournament changes

If a companion wins they should be able to keep the prize. If you don't want the player to get it just because of many companions, maybe it can be used by the companion without the possibility to change it unless they are given something better or it's not their profile (for example if it's a horse and horse riding is too low).
    Also, the tournaments could actually be less common, like once every two weeks in a single city in the region or even less. You could also learn about them in the taverns or from merchants.
    Sounds good!
  10. DeZako

Hey! Can't be the only one doing a spot of trading to get ahead in the game, so might as well try and take some tips, opinions and ideas to brainstorm. I'm not the best trader (arguably I'm not even good), but I love me my caravans. Tips - Don't be a dummy like I was and dismiss the low value...
  11. DeZako

What is the lore regarding female Lords?

Right, so everything else but this is at least close to historically accurate, it's a medieval game, deal with it.
    Aside from the Battanians never having built cities as big as they have, and never contemporary to the other historical empires the factions are based on? As ADMITTED BY THE DEVS in a dev blog? They have made a game based on parts of medieval history. Other's they changed. Deal with it.
  12. DeZako

It's called appeasing the SJWs because historical accuracy is illegal nowadays.
    Again, not a historical game. History *based*. Plus the devs have chosen their game to be like this, so...
  13. DeZako

This is the dumbest argument ever.

Yet it is what you're doing. You're limiting what they can say, and what they can do, based on what they did 10 years ago. So...
  14. DeZako

SP - General Quality of life tournament changes

Ability to bet on an NPC to win if you choose to just 'watch the tournament' - Otherwise why would anyone choose to do this more than one time out of curiosity?
    Oooh, hadn't thought of that. Might be interesting. Mind if I add it to the main post?

Right? I'd love to have this. I'd also like to see underground bareknuckle boxing fights at taverns or anywhere else shady stuff happens.
    Damn, that's also nice. Same thing as above, midn if I add it to the main post? Credited, ofc.
  15. DeZako

You are clearly just making my point. Times change is just another excuse for pandering/appeasing certain people. No one is cussing on them, you are just trying to change what is already established to fit your rationality.
    And you are trying to rationalise making a developer a slave to some decisions they made when they were a much smaller studio decades ago. Try and think of what you thought that long ago and see if anything's changed, and if you'd like people trying to make you only think that.
Back
Top Bottom