Recent content by Deyshawn

1. Deyshawn

Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

When I try to import a height-map to the map editor (following this tutorial), it does not load; it appears that the editor is not reading it. However, when trying to find the cause of the problem, I attempted to move the file out of mapdata and found myself unable to because it was 'open in MapEditor'. So the file is being used, but not actually imported.

Does anybody know what is going on?
  2. Deyshawn

Awesome!

I'm so glad to see that Europe 1200 is still up and running! This was my favorite mod when I left a few years back (can't remember how long it's been exactly, but you guys had just gotten this subforum after your first release). I'll download the August 28th version soon, but first I see I need...
  3. Deyshawn

SP Tutorial World Map How to make Campaign Maps

I tried tracing the map again and got it to work (praise the Gods!). Unfortunately, I did not include enough ocean, so bits of Sardinia are outside of the red zone,meaning I have to redraw the map (grrr).  I wish I knew how large the red box was in pixels, compared to the 300x400 map. 

Still no progress on the height-map.  You can see it below. Again, any advice you can offer is more than welcome.

sardinia5.jpg

EDIT: Got Sardinia to fit in the red box on my second try (barely)! Now for the heightmap.  Hrrrm....
  4. Deyshawn

SP Tutorial World Map How to make Campaign Maps

I am having trouble importing my maps into Thorgrim's Map Editor following this tutorial.

I can create both color and heightmaps by hand which load import without a hitch.  However, when I crop a selection from the topographic map and follow all the steps, neither map will load. I suspect (at least for the color map) the problem may be that there is one pixel somewhere that is just barely off of the color scheme Thorgrim's Map Editor can read. Indeed, that was my problem initially, and I noticed that trying to fix it with the paintbucket tool in GIMP only exasperates the problem, as other isolated pixels are changed to a shade between blue and green. However, even after tracing over the border on the ocean and grass side with the pencil tool, still my map would not load.

Below is the color map I am trying to import, for reference. Perhaps you can look it over and spot something obvious I am missing (though uploading it may have caused color degradation, so I won't get my hopes up). Any and all help is appreciated. I tried and failed to follow the original Hulugu Khan tutorial and now, years later, I still cannot figure out the problem.

sardinia3-c.jpg
  5. Deyshawn

SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

caprera said:
    Thanks Deyshawn, but at the time of the first try, Fraoliva and me decided that would have been better not to set any precise timeline, nor span.
    We wanted to have more options and justify a little less historical attention with much more gameplay.

Same reason to reject your suggestion: giving players the possibility to choose a path rather than a blind choice was part of the main idea.
    Picturing a "barbarian" that guided by will and/or events ends up in one of the two sides (hence the title) sounded much more interesting to me. Not to mention that the setting itself suggests a rather grey border between what was Roman and what was not. Here's why as well i waited so much before starting the thread itself: it took time to write down notes about the many items like encouters or places, as well as conversations and characters that should have been the motor for the choice along the road. Don't get it wrong anyway, this is just as i thought it.

However, now that i gave up because of my work, it's up to Fraoliva to make eventual choices, so many things could be changed and/or improved.
    You wouldn't happen to have any notes on your computer that you could PM me, would you?  Because I'm thinking I'll end up as the story/dialog writer.  And I'll try to honor the original vision; it's certainly a neat idea.  What did you plan on doing with the Roman Empire to weaken it enough to not crush the barbarians?
  6. Deyshawn

Awesome, Caprera.  One question.  Is this mod set before or after the Crossing of the Rhine?  Also, I would suggest two, radically different starting positions.  The first one as laid out in the beginning where you are a barbarian with the possibility of leading your own tribe.  The second starting position could be you as a Roman citizen, sent to the front to protect your empire.
  7. Deyshawn

Can't stop switching weapons

iLag said:
    Well if you have another mouse, try it anyway just to be safe.  We need to separate a hardware issue from a software issue.
    I just found my serial key, so I tried again with a new character in the full game and didn't have the same problem.  I don't know why that wouldn't have fixed it but, regardless, I'm happy.
  8. Deyshawn

iLag said:
    Okay, that's very odd.  If you have any USB joysticks or gamepads, I would try unplugging them.  Other than that, make sure your mousewheel  or whatever you use to switch weapons works fine in everything else.
    I used the mousewheel to switch and it works fine with everything else.
  9. Deyshawn

I just downloaded Mount&Blade: Warband and am running it in trial mode until I can find my old key.  I created my character without a hitch and when it started everything seemed to work fine; at the beginning ambush scene I shot arrows at my attacker without a problem.  When I switched to my...
  10. Deyshawn

Huzzah!  I'm a history buff and a writer, so I can do research and write dialogs.  If I can get this damned serial key stuff figured out (I had to buy a new computer as the old one crashed and I can't find the Warband seral key) I might also be able to help with scenes.  Just tell me what you need.
  11. Deyshawn

I just downloaded Mount&Blade: Warband and am running it in trial mode until I can find my old key.  I created my character without a hitch and when it started everything seemed to work fine; at the beginning ambush scene I shot arrows at my attacker without a problem.  When I switched to my...
  12. Deyshawn

Changelog Thread - E1200 Warband

Cèsar de Quart said:
    So the Tuscan League is not made-up, it's a real thing, although very blurry. I'm not even sure that I had the right Consul of Florence, since the list of consuls and city-leaders seems to be somewhere in a Florentine archive, and not in the Internet.
    The Catholic Encyclopedia says the following:

The former was democratic, republican, favourable to the papacy; the latter was the party of the old Florentine aristocracy and the emperor. In 1197 the Tuscan League (in imitation of the successful Lombard League) was formed at San Ginesio between the cities of Florence, Lucca, Siena, Prato, San Miniato, and the Bishop of Volterra, in presence of papal legates. These cities bound them selves on that occasion not to acknowledge the authority of emperor, king, duke, or marquis without the ex press order of the Roman Church. At that time, in the interest of better administration, Florence abolished its old-time government by two consuls, and substituted a podestà, or chief magistrate (1193), with a council of twelve consuls. In 1207 a law was passed which made it obligatory for the podestà to be an outsider. The legislative power originally resided in the Statuto, a commission nominated by the consuls. After the introduction of a podestà it was exercised by the priors of the chief guilds (the artes majores), seven in number (carpenters, wool-weavers, skinners, tanners, tailors, shoemakers, and farriers), to which were afterwards added the fourteen lesser guilds (the judges, the notaries-public, doctors, money-changers, and others). To hold any public office it was necessary to belong to one or other of these guilds (arti); the nobles were therefore wont to enter their names on the books of the wool-weavers' guild. The management of all political affairs rested with the Signoria, and there was a kind of public parliament which met four times a year. Public business was attended to by the podestà, assisted in their turns by two of the consuls.

The bolded part is important in answering your question.  A google search turned up this book, which indicates that Gherardo Caponsacchi was Podestà of Florence from 1193-1207.  Hope this helps.
  13. Deyshawn

Mount&Blade: Europe 1200 - After Action Report

This 'un died because I had a catastrophic hard drive failure :sad:  Fortunately, I was able to scrape up enough money for this new laptop.  I'm downloading Warband right now and will hopefully have an AAR up in a week or so for vs.13.

P.S. 
    If I can figure out scene making, I might be able to contribute there if you guys are still looking for sceners.  Now that it's summer, I've got plenty of free time on my hands.
  14. Deyshawn

Mount&Blade: Europe 1200 - After Action Report

I pulled a muscle in my neck too days ago.  Playing Mount&blade hurts to much to be worth it.  The next update probably wont be until next week.  Sorry.
  15. Deyshawn

Game Badges

I bought both the original Mount&Blade and Warband and want my forum account to display that under the Game Badges section.  I tried to enter the serial number for the original Mount&Blade and I got "Invalid serial code syntax".  Same thing if I took the dashes out.  Then I put in the serial key...
Back
Top Bottom