Recent content by Dev_34

1. A bug that has existed since 1 year ago(Captain mode)

They said they fixed it, but a new update just came out and it's still not fixed. It's a one-line XML file change and presents a huge balance issue for the captain gamemode, so it's shocking that they haven't fixed it still.
    Update: they fixed it in the following silent patch https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/silent-hotfix-patch-notes.456809/
  2. Developers dont care about Multiplayer

They still haven't taken the 10 seconds required to change 1 line in an XML file, even though it presents a huge balance issue for the captain gamemode.
    Update: they fixed it in a following silent patch https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/silent-hotfix-patch-notes.456809/
  3. Resolved Khuzait Rabble unit perk "conscript" in Captain mode is bugged

New patch came out including some multiplayer crash fixes. But this wasn't fixed. It's a one-line XML file change and presents a huge balane issue..
    Update: they fixed it in the following silent patch https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/silent-hotfix-patch-notes.456809/
    Thank you!
  4. Resolved Custom Server Captain Always Crashes If 9 Players On One Team

I also assumed this could be the case, but even with significantly less bots per formation, it still crashes at 9. And when you vastly increase the number of bots per formation with <9 players, it still does not crash. I believe there is just an error in the code
  5. Resolved Custom Server Captain Always Crashes If 9 Players On One Team

Summary: I'm hosting Captain servers for NA through 3 different hosting providers. The dedicated server always crashes right after warm-up if there are 9 players on either team.
  6. Need More Info North American Captain and Skirmish Servers Queuing and Matchmaking BROKEN since e1.7.2 update

I queued for a few hours yesterday along with some others and didn't get any games.
    I read every message in our 150+ NA Captain group chat and literally NO ONE has played a Captain game on NAE/NAW in at least a month.
  7. Need More Info North American Captain and Skirmish Servers Queuing and Matchmaking BROKEN since e1.7.2 update

It's been over a month since the 1.7.2 update and the same matchmaking issues persist. Is there any chance this issue can be addressed by offering custom Captain servers hosted in North America East & West? With custom servers we could bypass the matchmaking issues.
  8. Need More Info North American Captain and Skirmish Servers Queuing and Matchmaking BROKEN since e1.7.2 update

Thanks for your response MArdA.

After you asked for more information yesterday, we got some people together and queued for a game on North America East. We had confirmation of at least 6 people in our group queueing separately and no game would start. When we did this, two of the players had already been queued for over 5 hours, here are those screenshots from CommanderAnder and Squirrel of Chaos.

p1dRGXo.jpeg

Below are more screenshots from different people in the group when we queued on North America East Captain. You can see that the 'Estimated wait time' is stuck at 11:50 for everyone and we had at least 6 people which should start a game. Not a single game started.
    mFJVq4w.jpg

4HqYdwC.jpge33-b089-718cab0c5c64

E6fUMgQ.jpg

AU2XQ2r.jpg

After no luck getting a game on North America East, we decided to try queuing for North America West Captain. We were able to get a confirmed 8 people in our group queued at the same time with no parties. Some of us had completed the 10 evaluation matches for ranked, and some of us had not. The only reason some of us haven't completed our evaluation matches is because of this issue and because we refuse to play on EU with high ping. Again, we were not able to get a single game. We did notice that the 'Estimated wait time' was changing on NAW.

Someone earlier in this thread implied that no one is queueing. That isn't true. Hundreds of people normally play North America East Captain and it has been going strong for years. We had to ask people who don't normally use the forum to report the issue here because weeks have gone by and the matchmaking situation has not improved. We definitely proved again yesterday that something is very wrong with the matchmaking, at least as it compares to how it worked before 1.7.2.

It's unclear right now if this is an infrastructure issue or if this is new matchmaking logic.
    If this is new matchmaking logic causing the issue, then please consider that there are some important features of the matchmaking logic prior to 1.7.2 that kept the waiting time reasonable:
    • A game would start if two teams of 3 could be made. This means you only need 6 people to start a game.
    • The queue prioritizes players who have been waiting the longest. This makes the queue fair and value each player's time equally. Being skipped on a game on any consideration other than time spent queueing could cause a disproportionate waiting time long enough to deter most people from playing altogether. Before 1.7.2, it was possible to 'catch the next game' almost every time in under 10 minutes because the queue prioritized those who had been waiting the longest. There is usually always a game going after working hours before it's too late and that game eventually ends which brings more players into the queue and causes a next game that has the people who have been waiting the longest. This feature of the matchmaking is particularly important during times when there are only 1 or 2 games at the same time.

Hopefully you guys have some data on the number of games completed on North America East before and after the 1.7.2 update. This would show that the changes in 1.7.2 caused the number of games completed by the community to drop by over 95%. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would be my guess based on every Captain player that I know saying that they haven't been able to play the last few weeks since the day the 1.7.2 update came out.
  9. Need More Info North American Captain and Skirmish Servers Queuing and Matchmaking BROKEN since e1.7.2 update

Hi, I have over 2100 hours in Bannerlord mostly playing North America East Captain since over 2 years ago.

We have over 150 NAE Captain players in a steam group chat and this has let us monitor the health of the NAE Captain community across many patches. This has made it apparent that the 1.7.2 matchmaking/ranked changes make it so that players have to wait unreasonably long to play a game of Captain. We have a lot of reports of people waiting hours and hours and never getting a game of Captain, even when we coordinate.

Before 1.7.2, you could easily find a game of Captain after working hours every day without fail. It was like that for a really long time, and now it's totally dead since 1.7.2.

I also made a similar post here ( https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/1-7-2-killed-captain.451947/ )
    It contains technical guidance on verifying that 1.7.2 has had a severe, adverse effect causing the number of games being played by the community to sharply drop.

Please don't let this be the end, a lot of us really miss playing Captain. If we just had an option (casual mode) to do queuing for matches like it was in 1.7.1 then we could bring NAE Captain back to life undoubtedly. The community has been going strong for so long so it's really sad to see this.
  10. 20 Minute plus wait time for captain mode

It's the ranked matchmaking logic that is causing this
  11. 1.7.2 killed Captain

Hi, please query your databases to confirm that Captain is dead on North America East. Compare how many Captain games were being played daily on North America East before the 1.7.2 update and after the 1.7.2 update. Only count the games that actually completed. My guess is that it's <5% of the...
  12. Resolved Major UI Update Introduced Server/Matchmaking Technical Issues

Since Friday, January 14 these issues have been resolved. Matchmaking is now working as expected now with no extremely long queue times. Thank you!!!

There are now new issues with server lag and crashes being more frequent, but Captain is finally playable again and everyone is very thankful!
  13. Resolved Major UI Update Introduced Server/Matchmaking Technical Issues

I'm replying to say that Strange is absolutely correct about:
    1. Some players (generally new players) seem to have less issues queuing for games
    2. Other players (generally veterans) seem to have more issues queuing for games
    3. This started the day of the 1.7.0 update

The following are reports I've screen-capped from different players who say they are having issues. Keep in mind that this is highly irregular given the high amount of people playing on the NAE servers recently:
    LAM0dxS.jpg

wz7h5V6.jpg

3GcoVE1.jpg

QHFnIqj.jpg

GZcoK3b.jpg

KJYCbYb.jpg

HQo2r1b.jpg

Please help, a lot of people are starting to play other games because it's not practical to wait in the queue anymore..
    Several people (including myself) have tried making a new steam account to play the game and this has resulted in much better queuing times. How can that be?
  14. Resolved All NAE Servers are Down

Summary: All of the North America East servers are down (TDM, Siege, Captain, (presumably) Skirmish) How to Reproduce: In the custom server browser list, the NAE servers do not appear. Queueing for captain results in an endless wait. Hey it's me again. I've been coordinating with some people in...
Back
Top Bottom