Recent content by Desideratus

1. Desideratus

sunday afternoon - 4 players total on NA servers

I continue to find it fascinating that discussions relating to the lack of population in multiplayer are inevitably met with someone being dismissive about the lack of population in multiplayer because there is indeed, a lack of population in multiplayer.
  2. Desideratus

Alright, you ingrates. Sherriff's in town.

Given the casual mentions of all the women he totally talks to and what a stud he is I suspect he's just here to find someone he can attempt to belittle rather than push an actual point.
  3. Desideratus

Multiplayer and Singleplayer disparity

That sounds great, I'm choosing Multiplayer.
  4. Desideratus

Multiplayer and Singleplayer disparity

I'd play more multiplayer if dedicated servers were added and I didn't get kicked out after the match ends. So working on both sounds pretty good to me.
  5. Desideratus

Why Do We All Have Fake Names?

The current date may have something to do with it.
  6. Desideratus

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops The Great Poll about textile Colour

Despite the constant attempts to make everyone that voted yes into a bunch of retarded clowns, I’m on the fence. Maybe tone down the saturation and brightness of the colors. It’s almost like a poll with only a hard yes and no is a terrible way to gauge community opinion, given that voting one way or the other apparently implies I support the most extreme versions of my choice.
  7. Desideratus

Battering Rams

I think you may want to choose a better picture, given in the screenshots it doesn't seem like anyone is being blocked by the ram.
  8. Desideratus

Is the possibility to forge your own weapon still a feature ?

I am here to say that I hope this future makes it to release and I consider the realism argument in the context of sword pommels, hits, and blades to be categorically bull****.
  9. Desideratus

Morphing in Bannerlord

That's all well and good, I think you're wrong and I don't particularly care enough about Mordhau to get into a deep discussion as to why.
  10. Desideratus

Morphing in Bannerlord

qW4cRVO.png

I regularly do well and consistently go positive on K/D. Landing kills is perfectly satisfying, but only because of the audio & graphics, not because it was satisfying to outplay someone.
  11. Desideratus

Morphing in Bannerlord

Since this is still a "hot" topic I figure I would say my two cents: If Mordhau didn't have the customization and graphics it did, I would have stopped playing it after 10 hours. The combat is neither fluid, consistent, nor precise in its execution after playing Warband for so long. By far if Warband had the graphics Mordhau did, I would not touch Mordhau again. In the same vein if Bannerlord picks up Mordhau's combat I probably won't touch Bannerlord.
  12. Desideratus

Bannerlord should include a multiplayer, multi-faction RTS...

I wouldn't pay $80 for cheap RTS imitations on a naive system laid on top of a good Mount & Blade game. And taking your own hostility to criticism as the norm, I could not care less if you feel this is wrong.
  13. Desideratus

Modifying Wages and Forms of Payment

...Right. Attempts to apply thermodynamics and entropy to software aside, this is how I suspect it would be done. Based on user inputs - hopefully Bannerlord gives us easy ways to do this - you apply a modifier to troop wages like multiplying by a percentage, and a flat malus to party morale. How that's done is dependent on whether or not Bannerlord gives us the ability to do those things easily. If not I figure we can hack it in some horrible horrible way.
  14. Desideratus

Combat Balance

The alternative to changing the animation is actually adding a stun for weapon weight. By all means go for it, and we'll come back to the topic when everyone and their mother grabs nothing by the heaviest 2handers they can find. It's what I would be doing.
Back
Top Bottom