Recent content by DeFlunt

1. DeFlunt

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops add cultural integration into the game

Isn't that exactly what a counquering warlord SHOULD experience? How do you picture that, within a limited part of your charachters lifespan make every inhabitant in your conquered city culture shift to your culture? Unless you picture genocide and replace them from your homeland, this is impossible :smile:

I will stop arguing here. This is your suggestion and you are free to your opinion :smile:

You are correct in my opinion, that this should be possible in a single lifespan of a character.
    (BTW an other topic of mine gives a solution to this, https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/adding-real-fast-forwarding-a-bridge-to-far.439335/)

But I also understand emo_edjiboye, I also like the idea of having pure army's (No different culture units in your armies).
    So 2 solutions comes to mind:
    - Option to choose what kind of gameplay you want (probably a MOD is the easiest way but if its easy to integrate taleworld should add this)
    - Create Auxiliary units like I suggested above, but this will take a lot of time to implement...
  2. DeFlunt

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops add cultural integration into the game

First of all I like the idea that a settlement can change culture over time.

But in my opinion it should more of a transition than a hard 75% value.

There should be more stages in between.
    E.g.
    100% vlandian culture -> only vlandian recruits
    80% vlandian culture/20% empire culture -> 1 of the notables becomes empire and offers only empire troops.
    60% vlandian culture/40% empire culture -> 2 of the notables becomes empire
    (You get the idea)

And then there should be an policy for a kingdom to set if it's possible to create local troops, so even if a culture value reaches 0% you can still recruit some local units from x number of notables.

What I want to see even more is a transition with auxiliary units that are very specific for a combination of 2 cultures, but that's a hole other topic.
  3. DeFlunt

SP - Economy Place order at a workshop

The items that you can order can also depend on your own clan level/status. This way you can avoid the issue of having tier 6 armor/weapons to early on.
  4. DeFlunt

SP - Battles & Sieges multiple gates in castle/city

I think that 2 different things needs to be implemented.

For Castles: a system where you can lvl up your castle to have multiple defense points. E.g. Second wall lvl.
    Note the you must be able to give an order to tell your men which level of wall they need to protect.
    But also as an besieger you should be able to get siege equipment up to that second wall/gate.

For Cities: it doesn't make sense to have multiple walls (this was very rare back in the day). There are some cities with inner keeps and even that was rare. What happend are long battles in the cities themselves where men need to fight for every district. So it would be nice to have some fighting in the streets. How this is implemented should depend on how large the city is. Normal size cities can put up some fights in the streets in the siege battle itself.
    In larger cities it would be nice that after you take the walls the attack ends but you do not own the city yet. Then you need to wait 3 hours to let the men rest. And launch small attacks in the city to conquer district to get total control or a surrender of the city.

And last but not least if you are going to fight in city streets te combat order system need to change in order to do it properly. At the moment everyone is just rushing forward attacking like a mad men instead of in small groups/formation
  5. DeFlunt

SP - World Map Please add more reasons to enter a city,tavern and castle

For the quest with the spy you just need to find the spy. The ally's is just a place where the spy is located.

This feature would allow you to control streets and setup some shady businesses to earn gold. This in it's turn can act like a form of passive income for a bandit playthrough.
  6. DeFlunt

SP - Economy Place order at a workshop

I'm always annoyed that need to travel for hours to find a specific item that I like. It would be nice to have a feature where you can order stuff from a workshop. How should this work? IF a settlement has a smithy you should be able to ask for the catalog what they are making. What is in the...
  7. DeFlunt

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Patrol troop.

@Tryvenyal Nice idea!

You should also take into account that a patrol will only sally out of it has a chance off winning that is high enough. Otherwise you can exploit this by going back and forth to a settlement and they will keep sending patrols until they are under ~60 militia.

Also should the number of cav in the garrison have an impact on the petrol. Since it makes a lot of sense to send cav units out.

To prevent the loss of bandit parties the patrol should only operate in a certain radius. This radius can be impacted by the number of cav units. This makes it interesting then to have cav units in your garrison. As they mean that your lands become more secure.

A max of units in a petrol should also be set so larger bandit parties cannot be attacked and need to be taken care off by real parties.
  8. DeFlunt

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Adding life to Companions

This indeed is something nice.

Companions should also be able to run street gangs, lead caravans, lead small parties, become steward or even hero's in parties of lord's.

Which paths they choose should depend on there stats.
    High roguery -> street gangs
    High trading -> leading caravan, owning a workshop
    High leadership -> leading party
    High fighting skills -> be hero in lord's party

The party/faction they join is depending on there culture/backstory.

New ways of recruitment of these companions can then also be implemented.
    After defeating a party with a hero, possibility to recruit him.
    Buying a workshop with companion
    Helping out the caravan of a companion from bandit attacks (should be some kind of event on the world map)
    Hiring a party of a companion into your clan.
    Etc...
  9. DeFlunt

SP - World Map Need bigger map.

Is there a limit on how big the map can be?

If not you should wait for mods to implement this. Personally I think this map is big enough for the basic game.
    Otherwise it becomes to much for new players, and old players will use mods :smile:
  10. DeFlunt

SP - World Map Player Outpost

Overall a great idea!

I think this is a great idea, but in my opinion this can be taken 1 step further.

You are saying that you are able to construct something at very high price. I would say let's start with no price at all.
    Just give you the option to settle in the ruins and make some kind of a leveling system.

Level 1:
    You can have a small garrison of 20, you have no protection (if attacked it's just like a bandit camp) and if you are in enemy borders lords will send parties to remove you. Also bandit party's will try to raid your encampment.

Level 2:
    You can have a normal garrison 40, some basic wooden walls with gapes (no gates) also no platforms for archers to stand on. (for the rest same as lvl 1)

Level 3:
    You can have a garrison of 60, some basic wooden walls with platforms for archers (still no gates).
    You can assign a companion to run the camp. This opens a small recruitment pool. Also Quest can be implemented to give certain boost to your encampment.

Level 4 (max lvl):
    You have a garrison of 80, wooden walls, platforms and gates (easy destructible as you suggested). recruitment pool is a little bit larger.

------
    Nice idea BTW to not allow elite men. Maybe take it's a good idea to only allow bandits and/or mercenary's.
  11. DeFlunt

SP - World Map Please add more reasons to enter a city,tavern and castle

If we want something to do in the settlements the settlements must become like a battlefield.

They should focus more on the bandit/gang leader playthrough where you gain access over districts fight in gang fights. Setup smugglers routes... This would be a nice feature to see.
  12. DeFlunt

SP - World Map Mercenaries Recruitment and Lord recruitment

I think that these are all valid points.

For the recruitment of Lord's they should implement something of an diplomacy system between clans. Where you can do marriages and etc.

But a messenger is a great idea (if the messenger only comes available after a certain clan lvl)
  13. DeFlunt

SP - World Map Adding real fast forwarding, A Bridge to far?

This maybe is a long shot but it's on my mind for a while now. The idea is quite simple, there should be an option to fast forward time. Not like it's now but with (for example) 10 years at the time. Having this feature opens a lot more possibilities and I will try to explain what I mean. 1...
Back
Top Bottom