Recent content by decoy26517

1. Singleplayer Mod Recommendations? - The "I'm looking for X mod" Meta Thread

Good thread idea.

I'm looking for these mods:

1. Something that improves the NPC Vassal AI (anything really)
    2. Makes hiring NPC Vassals easier or just adds more vassals begging for fiefs.
    3. Allows female NPCs to become vassals (the non-companion ones that are just there to be married)

Anything along those lines would be great.
  2. Bug Reports and known issues [v2.5]

Caba`drin said:
    What friendly parties? Are they lords' parties or patrols? Are you the marshal/king?

Sorry about the delay.

I was the marshal and accompanying vassals wouldn't engage in combat. The problem seemed to fix itself somehow though. I don't know what changed but accompanying vassals are acting normally now.
  3. Bug Reports and known issues [v2.5]

I'm not sure if this has been reported yet or not;and a quick search of the thread didn't reveal anything. But friendly accompanying armies are not assisting me in combat. Even if we seriously outnumber the enemy they will never join in. This had made campaigns almost worthless.

EDIT:
    Ok, tested and they WILL engage in combat if they are NOT accompanying me. If they are just running around and I initiate combat, and they are nearby, then they will join in.
  4. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

kefka95 said:
    decoy26517 said:
    As always, awesome work.

1 thing, These new tweaks:

kefka95 said:
    • XP gained per battle
    • Gold gained per battle

Do not seem to be working for Floris 2.5 patch 1.
    Both options are grayed out.

Thanks, I actually wasn't aware Floris had been patched (been a bit out of the loop lately!).  I'll take a look and see if it's something that can be updated quickly/easily.

I reinstalled Floris expanded and it still isn't working. So I don't think its an issue with the patch. Maybe an issue with the expanded version?
  5. Bug Reports and known issues [v2.5]

No one is spawning with weapons in the tournaments. Is there a fix for this?

EDIT:
    Ok never mind. I found http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=219953.0

I'll try to reinstall the expanded version.

Yep, that worked.
  6. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

As always, awesome work.

1 thing, These new tweaks:

kefka95 said:
    • XP gained per battle
    • Gold gained per battle

Do not seem to be working for Floris 2.5 patch 1.
    Both options are grayed out.

7. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

kefka95 said:
    decoy26517 said:
    I know it's new, but is there any chance for Floris 2.5 support in the future?

Yes, support for Floris 2.5 will definitely be added.  As usual I'm a bit behind schedule with updates, but right now the plan is to finish up Native Expansion support (this is just about done), then get support added for Brytenwalda 1.39 and Floris 2.5.

Awesome!
  8. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

I know it's new, but is there any chance for Floris 2.5 support in the future?
  9. Floris 2.5 Beta // Last Beta Round

Windyplains said:
    Patch 2.  #3 is right around the corner as a final test prior to release though.

Wait, is:

Duh said:
    Patch: EasyShare, MegaUpload and Mediafire
    Download size: 110 MB
    Unpacked size: 530 MB

from the OP patch 2 or patch 1?

There is a comment from Caba`drin about patch 2 being in some shared folder but I'm not totally sure where that is.
  10. Discussing features of 2.5

question: Items that have: {!} in the name, what does this mean?
  11. Floris 2.5 Beta // Last Beta Round

I have the same issue that Outrojection has with Barracks:
    WaMmA.jpg

Built the barracks, but it is not listed and isn't having any effect that I can see.
    The difference between myself and Outrojection is that I played as a Vassal and I still got the same error.
  12. Floris 2.5 Beta // Last Beta Round

Bad math bug:
    KtIGG.jpg

This bug doesn't seem to affect game play, it just seems to be a visual error. NOTE: For this game I do NOT own any ships, it is also not decreasing any money earned as shown in the SS. This is the first time I've noticed it.
  13. Discussing features of 2.5

Duh said:
    Do consider that banks are an additional source of income that is open alongside all the native options. Because of the currently missing risks, it would make no sense, to give you guys a ton of money. You can also buy land for a low price 500 (town prosperity 0), help the city to gain prosperity and you will gain rents of up to 150 per 2 weeks (town prosperity 100). You can then even sell the land for up to 1250.

And again - im open for suggestions.

Two suggestions; IF they are possible.

1. Have the bank paydays a 100% success rate. I've had a few weeks when the banks didn't return anything and it was pretty annoying.

2. If the player owns a castle or something, open up an option with the Chamberlain or something, that allows them to automatically send all of the rent money to the castle for pick up. You can even charge a % for this convenience.

Windyplains said:
    Do you have level scaling turned on?  That factors in to that difficulty assessment.
    Yes, I have both Renown scaling and level scaling on. The rewards have been pretty standard equipment. Nothing unique or amazing. An armored horse has been the only thing that I've kept for any length of time.
  14. Discussing features of 2.5

Windyplains said:
    Actually it is 1200 per round (6:1 odds) after removing the 200 denar cost of betting so only 7200 denars.
    However, there is also a final payout that is not related to betting, but based on placement and cumulative difficulty.  This scales up to 3000 denars.  As well are the "prizes" which scale with difficulty and level.  Some of the best are worth more individually then an entire tournament's gain via betting.  All of which makes the TPE tournaments considerably more profitable than their native counterpart.  Something to consider.

When the next phase comes out there will also be a new method of finding active tournaments to enhance participation.  A character can effectively go on a tournament circuit if desired.

You are correct, tournys give way to little cash. I have the difficulty all the way up and I always get 1st place but the "prizes" are not worth that much. I haven't used any of them for any real length of time.
  15. Discussing features of 2.5

Duh said:
    The bank system is meant to take a long time to produce your first real profit, because the return is guaranteed and not doubtful. Currently you cannot lose your lands or money. The only draw back is that you have to go and pick it up from the bank. You are of course free to design an alternative bank system and suggest it. If i like it enough, it might get into the mod. The current bank system can be found here:
    http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/Bank

That's disappointing that banking is so ineffective and time consuming. I really don't see myself using them system because of its low/nonexistent returns and because of the time involved in running around to the various cities.

Duh said:
    Effective mechanism: Enable Cheats -> Go to inventory -> Press ctrl+x 50 times -> buy boat. It literally takes me 30 seconds to buy a boat for testing purposes. The usefulness is limited, because of the native map and because the seafaring system was developed from scratch. There is nothing like it in the original game and it took months to code and test the framework of this feature. From here on out we will begin to fill it with life.

If that's the case, then maybe you should drop the price a bit for the 'finished' release? To balance out effective use vs cost. (unless of course you improve on them and give boats a huge advantage/reason for being in a game)

Duh said:
    It is just as caba said. Designate them to a "support" division, which you keep out of combat. This is WAD - as soon as they get into a fight they should die. (To keep some sort of balance.)

I didn't think about moving them to another division. I'll try that and see if its better.
Back
Top Bottom