Recent content by DD44

1. SP - General Formations & Commands/Pikes and Archers

Well that's just fantastic

Are there any guides or insights at all as to what commands and formations actually do?
  2. SP - General Formations & Commands/Pikes and Archers

...Well crap, that's frustrating.

How the hell DO commands work then?
  3. SP - General Formations & Commands/Pikes and Archers

So I just watched this video and am reevaluating a few things about my strategies, let me see if I have this right and then I'll ask my questions: So if I have this right - and correct me if I'm wrong about anything - formations aren't just hotkeys, they dictate AI behavior. And "advance" and...
  4. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I Have Never Even Seen A Special Unit (i.e. Vlandian Squires) In Villages

I don't see how we're supposed to track them down then. I've still never even seen one.
  5. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops What Exactly Does Troops' Skill Level Do, Functionally/Mechanically?

Like, if a troop unit has 130 in one-handed for example, what does that functionally mean? Do they have access to the same skills PCs have for having a skill at that level? What happens when there's an either/or perk, is it randomized by the individual troop? Does it affect damage or stats...
  6. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I Have Never Even Seen A Special Unit (i.e. Vlandian Squires) In Villages

Never mind had the relations necessary to have been able to recruit them. Not one. Not once. Never. And I've been playing for weeks. Am I doing something wrong? There has gotta be a way of more consistently finding and recruiting them. Like make them less rare but only recruitable if you own...
  7. SP - Battles & Sieges Brace Polearms/Spear Wall Formation BADLY Needed

The way they calculate relative speed in the game already should help too. Though I imagine a potential issue would be friendly fire.
  8. Combat Experience: the Problem of Infantry vs Ranged/Cav

I totally agree with this topic, and it may be conflating issues and/or overpromoting my pet peeve, but I feel the need to point out that having a functional spear/pike wall formation would also help address this a lot. If for no other reason because it would notably increase at least your polearm kills and XP.
  9. Editing Sigil Color Via .SAV Files?

So I love this game, it's so fun, I wonder what else I can do with it, yadda yadda yadda, a mod broke my game. I know, it's modding and it's early access, you're inherently taking a risk, back up your stuff, I know I know, but I do have a question. The only mod that I had a problem with was...
  10. SP - General Wasted Spear Length/ holding spears wrong

I'd love a change grip button, and for more than just spears going from short form to long form (which btw is the technical term for everything you guys have been debating, and both are valid based on situation. Though I agree with Icarus in that this game is NOMINALLY at least about group tactics and not 1-on-1 dueling, and the formations in general need to be improved cough spear wall cough)

A change grip button would allow us to do so much more than that:

Swap bastard swords and other either-or weapons from 1-handedmode to 2-handedeven if a shield is on your back

Use throwing weapons as melee weapons

Use two-handed swords in half-sword grip - or better yet mortschlag grip

Use a shield as a primary melee weapon

Desperation melee attacks with a crossbow or bow

The possibilities are endless
  11. SP - General Maces vs Armor

Oh they do? I didn't notice it say anything to that effect in the item description.
  12. SP - General Maces vs Armor

So axes deal bonus damage vs shields. Cool. I like that. But if you do that, maces need to do bonus damage vs armor. I'm not sure how you would code that, as armor doesn't have separate HP the way shields do, but in particular since maces and other blunt weapons lack the length of spears...
  13. SP - General Items and crafting

Yes yes yes to all of this
  14. SP - General Can't Even Hold On To My Own Kingdom When Cheating

I do get that it's early access, but that's in part why I'm posting this. Hopefully the more feedback the devs get the better, right?
Back
Top Bottom