Recent content by Dawiduh

1. Dawiduh

B Fantasy [WB] The Desert Dancer

So basically I can compile the 1.153 module system and run the mod in the 1.158 game? Awesome!
  2. Dawiduh

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I tried Unicorn's solution, but thank you both :smile:
  3. Dawiduh

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hey there. I got a bit of a problem. I have paused my mod for quite a long time while I relocated and now I am trying to make it work on a new machine. The problem is my module system is v1.153 while the latest download for the game (Warband) is v1.158. So, where can I find the previous version download? It seems to me it's not on the website downloads anymore.

Thanks in advance.
  4. Dawiduh

B Fantasy [WB] The Desert Dancer

Hey guys, long time no see. I have relocated (from one part of the world to another) and that is the main reason for my prolonged absence. Now, for the first time in a looooong time I will be able to use a desktop computer and a full sized screen. My only problem is where to find the Warband 1.153 installer? Or, is the 1.153 Module System compatible with the 1.158 version of Warband?

Looking forward to resume work on my mod,

Dawiduh
  5. Dawiduh

The Reckoning| The Original Thread

5arge said:
    Dawiduh said:
    The tricky question is: what about the ammo?
    We reload ammo here in the States, so you can just save your brass and make your own ammo.

Dawiduh said:
    Speaking of which... is it a coincidence no zombie movies take place in Russia?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731775/

I imagine it would be a pain in the *ss to look for all those cartridges in the grass to reload :grin: but, true, it's possible. Though I guess the cartidge would eventually get damaged and unusable after a certain number of uses. And I'll check that movie out when possible, I don't know why, but it seems fun.

Sir_Don_Quixote said:
    Ok guys, you are all getting a bit to realistic. Honestly, if we get 1000's of ammo for different guns it would be to much. And i mean the gask masks, how many things were made. German japanes and those types of guns. It's a game, sure you want atleast half assed reality, but 100 percent blow through? You're asking to much. Plus it would take a long time to make all this ****, and then to remove stuff because its not realistic.

I mean, who cares if their is only a couple types of ammo. Honestly I wouldnt, just say bullets, generic bullets, exquisite bullets, then any ammunition for other weapons like rpg's and ****. Just don't be putting like 9mm bullets or 12.7mm bullets. 12 guage and 6 gauge.

Well, as I already said, it doesn't have to be introduced in the game: that was a question for my own information. Probably there will be 3 types of ammo: pistol&SMG; rifle/assault rifle and shotgun. But that's La Grandmaster's choice on how he wants to do his game.
  6. Dawiduh

5arge said:
    Dawiduh said:
    La Grandmaster: how did the White Supremacy dudes get WWII german weapons?  :mrgreen:
    'Murica is full of old WW2 weapons from Japan, Russia, and Germany. We call them trophies, but they still shoot. I can get a German P38 made in 1944 cheaper than a brand new Glock.

The tricky question is: what about the ammo? Germans are known for designing 10 000 types of weapons each with its own caliber. The logistics for that was insane so they has one whole ministry for that (Ammunition? Armament?) led by Architect Albert Speer. What I'm asking (mostly for my own information, not to be added ingame) is if you can find sufficient ammo for such old and well, odd, weaponry.

Russians are known for keeping it simple. They used that 7.62 caliber from the stone age to 1974 and beyond. Even their SMGs in WWII were designed to use pistol rounds so they wouldn't have to build a brand new production line. And I mean THE SAME DAMN pistol rounds the whole Red Army used. And they say would could disassemble a T-34 with 2 types of wrenches  :mrgreen:

Speaking of which... is it a coincidence no zombie movies take place in Russia?
  7. Dawiduh

La Grandmaster: how did the White Supremacy dudes get WWII german weapons?  :mrgreen: and isn't the rifle/carbine (Kar89k) used by the dude Lumos eyed out a little underscaled?

The cover system is awesome for a modern mod. Do you think you could make them jump obstacles or crawl also?

Keep up the good work and I hope you find my critique useful. It's all I can do as I don't have time right now even for my own mod  :cry:
  8. Dawiduh

Is there way to edit the participants of the tournaments?(Warband)

Please use the Modding Section (aka The Forge) and not this one. There are more resources there, Q&A thread (post there, it's frequently read by everyone), 3D modelling and sceneing.

This section here is just for discution of the mods in progress.
  9. Dawiduh

From your screens it seems that the main facade part of the roof is VERY steep if not even vertical. Ceramic tiles as the ones in the pics here wouldn't hold on a vertical wall. Can you post a pic from the lateral side of the houses?

10. Dawiduh

Official 3D art thread - Warband

The details on that chair are insane :smile: Good luck with that.

I don't seem to get a "deep" enough normal map at 512 pixels. Meaning that even with a normal map the model doesn't show much detail. I tried overlaying the same map over itself a few times but it gets too crispy, even if I throw in a Gaussian Blur before I start. I am using the Nvidia plugin for Photoshop. Anyone has any idea?
  11. Dawiduh

Hmmmm, you could differentiate that a bit if you have the time. Caps and winter woolen hats should scale down to child size but most hats and helmets should have their original size as they were made for adults and will stress the size difference between children and adults. Here I have those kids in Fallout 3 in mind (the ones living in a mine or something). Some oversized boots or coats would add to the atmosphere also.
  12. Dawiduh

Petition for regular updates on M&B:Bannerlord

Double edged problem here. They don't necessarely need to "hold it back" in order to make it compatible (my two cents), it just depends if they're going to start from scratch or continue developing what they already got.

The good part of making it compatible is that the game would start with a whole modding scene ready for it greately increasing its replay-ablity. The bad part is IF they cut down on improvements.

If they don't make it compatible they'd probably finish it faster (or not because it's not always easy to start from scratch with new technology) and implement more features and better graphics. The downturn is the modding scene will take a while before it catches up with it.

WFAS and NW started from the modding scene as far as I can tell so if they make Bannerlord compatible they'd be launching two more titles in no time.

13. Dawiduh

It's all about the code and how much of the engine they'll release as the module systems. Also it depends on what kind of graphics and physics engine they get/developed for Bannerlord. It would be a good marketing move to make it as compatible as possible.
  14. Dawiduh

MadVader said:
    If anyone here that thinks poor fan service is going to hurt Taleworlds, what exactly do you mean? They have nothing much to show and the release date is in some indefinite 2014 future.
    Maybe you'll say that you are out of here and won't wait anymore, but you are likely to come back when they begin to market the new game before the actual release. How does your present indignation (if any) affect their bottomline?

It's a bit like those kids/trolls in the pioneers' guild asking for release dates and resources. Those too eventually get annoyed if you don't find time to finish "their" game.

@Cozur:
    As for porting... god knows. Hopefully it's going to be compatible.

@PoisonCourtesan:
    All gaming companies are dependent on their fanbase: potential clients for the next release. And usually a fanbase is bigger than the people lurking on the forums. Also I don't think TaleWorlds is still indie. They're inside the industry since they signed off the publishing/distribution rights to Paradox.

And if you guys hate Blizzard, so be it, I for one have really enjoyed their games.
  15. Dawiduh

Official 3D art thread - Warband

As usual, great work :smile:
Back
Top Bottom