Recent content by darkhorse

1. darkhorse

Attacking+Shielding Simultaneously

No thanks, shields are fine as they are.
  2. darkhorse

Patch 1.125 - feedback and suggestions

The changes to turn limits and sweetspots have really altered infantry combat for the worse. A good 1/3 of my stikes to someone just make a "pfft" noise and do nothing now, not even interrupting my opponents attack.
  3. darkhorse

Spamming v. Skilled: The difference.

The_Freeman said:
    Clearly you are a spammer yourself who wants to justify himself.

Or maybe YOU are a spammer who wishes to deflect attention from himself.

Inquisitors! Seize the suspect for interrogation!
  4. darkhorse

v1.125 Combat Review [Unfavorable]

In what bizarre parallel universe does slower combat speed favor 2h spamming? It does the exact opposite, the 2h animations are easier to spot and block. For one, I think your problem is that you keep trying to be the first to attack and when going against a longer weapon, and this will get you killed. You need to block and then counter, which in my experience playing this patch it just as possible as with the last one and the one before that. Also, are you sure that these 2h people are "spamming" you, or is that just what you call it whenever a 2-hander beats you easily? What behavior qualifies as "spam" in your mind?

I for one still find 2-handers much easier to beat than someone with a shield, and people swinging wildly are more often than not free kills.
  5. darkhorse

Basic MP Question: How to pick out enemies

If they have circles over their heads, they are allies. Enemies do not have the circles.
  6. darkhorse

Multiplayer Combat

Randaethyr said:
    My point being that a two handed weapon is heavier, requiring two hands clearly, how does one swing it twice before his opponent can swing a far lighter weapon even once?

Please don't exaggerate. The fact is if you are fighting someone with a longer weapon than you you will need to block them once as you approach them, likely more if they back up as they swing. One handers do tend to be a tiny bit faster than two handers, but because your opponent can out-range you he will be able to hit you first. If you block his blow and immediately swing back once you hear the block, you should get a hit provided you are close enough. I would highly suggest watching reapy's tutorial video, which is stickied on this forum, it explains quite a bit.

Also: you are going to suck horribly when you start at multiplayer. This is a fact, it is unavoidable. The combat in this game takes a lot of practice when you are fighting against players, particularly experienced ones. My advice is to focus a lot on learning manual block, and also try out archery and horse combat. Duel servers are great for practice, just make sure to read the rules for them. One of the most important things is to not get frustrated and learn to laugh at your 1:43 kill/death ratio.  :wink:
  7. darkhorse

Patch 1.125 - feedback and suggestions

I notice that long weapons bounce off the ground now, this may have been there before but yesterday was the first time I noticed it. There were a couple of occasions where I was unable to finish off someone I dehorsed because of this.
  8. darkhorse

Where are all the duel servers?

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
    nK's duel server is still up.

Really!? Because that doesn't even show up on my favorites anymore.
  9. darkhorse

Where are all the duel servers?

They seem to have just disappeared since the last patch...Are they there and I am not seeing them, or have people simply stopped dueling?
  10. darkhorse

Thrusting weapons (Specially spears) are so frustrating to use & easy to counter

I honestly don't think that the spear + shield combo should have any place on duel servers, or shields in general for that matter. The shield and spear have an important tactical role in any sort of team match, particularly against enemy cavalry. The purpose of a duel server, however, is to test your skill against other players so that you can practice and improve your fighting, and the shield is counterproductive to this.
  11. darkhorse

Someone to look out for

Seawied86 said:
    Qwertyman said:
    Aparently he bought another SIX serial keys today, or is going to.

again, you don't need a serial key to post on the forums. He's just getting accounts/proxy-website banned from the forums.

Don't read into the whole religious bit either. Its just a part of his troll act.

He doesn't need new keys to post on the forums, but he is indeed buying new keys to continue teamkilling on servers where he was permanently banned.

This guy is a troll, but he is also just plain old crazy.
  12. darkhorse

Old player looking for advice about warband

Unless I'm mistaken a demo is available. You can see for yourself whats new.
  13. darkhorse

Guide to Cavalry Fundamentals

Eladon said:
    Cavalry guide Improved Version!:

Lower lance and ride into cluster of helpless infantrymen!
    If you accidental Tk yell "Soz smbd hu iz juz killz zzzzzz"!
    To control horse use your WASD keys!
    Now you should have 75 kills and 0 deaths Congratulations!

Sounds like someone's cranky today.
  14. darkhorse

Servers should use Valve Anti Cheat

I've never seen anything on the servers I frequent that would suggest cheating.
Back
Top Bottom