Recent content by Daggo

1. Daggo

Main questline restricts gameplay and is plain boring.

There will be a sandbox mode, eventually. I do agree that they should've led the EA with sandbox mode and worked on story mode to release it later though. As it stands we have an unfinished and pretty tedious main quest. That being said I suppose it's probably more efficient to test and tweak the questline while the game is still in EA, so I can understand why they did what they did.
  2. Daggo

Question to disable the random variety of weapons on army

Totally, man... but the Empire culture is based on the ERE/Roman Empire... The kits in gear and weaponry even cooking utensils and tunics were the same... You have to admit it's totally a turn off see many with swords and 5 or 10 carrying a mace..WTF?
    The idea of the legion might come from Imperial Rome, but the Imperials are very clearly stylistically based on the medieval "Byzantine" empire, which most certainly did not have extreme standardization. Byzantine infantrymen used both axes and maces alongside spatha-derived swords and, later, sabers and saber-like swords.
  3. Daggo

I simply don't want to play the game and that's sad.

I don't understand why TW gave up on the village upgrade system? At the very least they could have implemented something else in it stead? It's just uninspiring work to me. I have said time and time again, they added basically nothing that modders did to vastly improve vanilla WB. I don't understand it.
    Iirc, when they had to rework their engine (again) they discovered that the system didn't work. But don't quote me on that.
  4. Daggo

Scrap the "main story"

I just want an option to ignore it. Good 'ole sandbox mode.
  5. Daggo

Resolved [Beta 1.3.0] Duplicate village names

I'm not entirely sure how long this has been present, but in my game at least, there are two villages named "Aiwalitas". For some reason I can't upload an imagine, but I'll do my best to explain the situation. One Aiwalitas, in the west, is bound to Ain Baliq Castle and controlled by Sultan...
  6. Daggo

I gotta say it...

Some of us can barely play the game at all, like myself. But frankly, they're rolling out a patch a day, trying their best to fix the myriad of issues the game has. And like My.Simple said, the game had to be rebuilt at least once on an entirely new engine.
  7. Daggo

Multiplayer is unbalanced and combat is stale.

I played MP in beta, for the last version before EA, it was guard units that were the closest to op. Spears in shield wall or square chew up cav.
    Played beta as well. Never had any issue with cav so long as I put my unit in square. Archers though? Wew. It's like armor is made of cardboard.
  8. Daggo

Multiplayer is unbalanced and combat is stale.

Cav is just ridiculously op. They have the ability to one shot anything in the game wIth no counter and can run away if they miss.
    Spears exist for a reason.
  9. Daggo

Need More Info 8 Gb RAM Computer Crash

All we can do for now is hope they fix the memory leak. It might even make 8 gigs playable. I would still recommend buying at least another 4gb if possible however.
  10. Daggo

Resolved 1.0.1 Patch (Possibly?) Not Applying

When the patch came out earlier today I manually installed it via the betas tab in Properties, but it doesn't seem to have actually installed. The launcher still shows my game version as e1.0.0. I have no real way of telling if this is just a text bug or if the patch is actually not applying.
  11. Daggo

[BUG] Most armour (and potentially weapons) missing from the trader

Spent a couple in-game months going back and forth to every. Single. Vlandian. Town. Not a single piece of body armor ever.
  12. Daggo

Need More Info Stuttering and FPS drops.

Apparently its some kind of issue with newer Radeon and gtx 1000 series gpu's. The game seems to really, really dislike them.
  13. Daggo

Need More Info Helmet/Face/Hair/Beard Visible in 1st Person view

Also having this issue...along with a variety of other interesting graphical oddities.
  14. Daggo

Need More Info FPS drops/stutters (Possible memory leak)

Definitely getting a memory leak now. Took a couple hours, but its there. I hope they fix whatever's making the game go ape**** on certain gpu's.
  15. Daggo

Need More Info 100% disc usage, huge stuttering problem

Seems to be a trend among Nvidia cards. Haven't experienced any memory leaks as far as I can tell, but the game is barely playable at all.
Back
Top Bottom