Recent content by Cyclohexane

1. Cyclohexane

Link to “Hidden” Ninja Mount&Blade 1.011 Patch

I have not noticed this glitch.  My intrigues skill is at 6 now and I can keep lots of heroes in my party (typically 12+ with some leaving all the time).  When they leave and I find them again, I will re-hire.  Always have lots of troop types and never been a problem for me. 

That is the first I have heard of that problem and cannot confirm the bug (on day 400 or so).
  2. Cyclohexane

Problems with the mod

Berpol said:
    wales4forever said:
    It's still not working ! Any more ideas?
    Use 7-zip?

Yes
  3. Cyclohexane

problem with mod

My suggestion is to post your save game on a server but this issue is completely new and unique to your game.  Anything interested you have done around day 60?

4. Cyclohexane

How to upgred the slavers?

The reason for the difference is due to cost.  Mercenary guilds are free to upgrade (but cost more to hire / weekly cost).  All other troops cost money to hire.  I agree there is room for improvement but after playing awhile it is less confussing. 
  5. Cyclohexane

Speaking of tough looters

I seen some people talking about the new looter parties and when I saw this, I had to smile... I'm sure the medieval surgeon had no problems removing the spear and getting him into the next battle! 
  6. Cyclohexane

Link to “Hidden” Ninja Mount&Blade 1.011 Patch

bennettdj2011 said:
    lord halt said:
    how do i download this
    That's what I'd like to know!

Seriously?

Look at the first post in thread. 
  7. Cyclohexane

How to upgred the slavers?

Slavers can be upgraded immediately (no permission required) from camp / party management window. 
  8. Cyclohexane

SoD V5.0 Beta 1 Bug List

Tapkomet said:
    I've got 1.011 and not Mount&Blade, but winRAR archiver (as well as 7Zip) gives, saying exactly, 1304 broken files in Textures and SceneObj! I HAVE tried redownloading, I HAVE tried 7Zip, I HAVE tried newer version of WinRAR, but they say the files are broken and Windows says their size is 0 Kb. I have Windows XP.  I hope that is quite a full description of my problem. The Mount&Blade then gives errors because it can't open files, but the problem IS NOT in M&B!

So can anyone PLEASE upload a working archive (better RAR) of Textures and SceneObj? I really want to play this mode!

Somehow your download is becomming corrupt (or your M&B game is corrupt).  There are over 3000 downloads and you are the only one with this issue.  You should be able to unzip and copy entire contents of folder into your module folder.  If I made a new link to textures, it would be the same thing. 

To test, I have downloaded and installed.  There is no problem with these files.  I imagine you are doing something strange with extraction.  Write out your steps exactly and I can try to help. 

Have you installed any other mods with 7-zip?  Even if you have, I recommend you try to download and unzip another mod just to test if it is the 7-zip your having problems with or if something in your M&B install got jacked up. 

9. Cyclohexane

Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions

kaze-yaida said:
    I do have to say, the growing bandit parties are a little ridiculous, there only so much a man can take. 150 units, even bandits, spawning continuously is ridiculous, there needs to be a ceiling of some kind that stops them from being unstopable. Even at 60-90, a gorup of 60 constantly roaming the area, it even makes it hard for lords, not to mention caravans and villagers dont stand a chance, and jobless bandits never grow OR "level" so they get destroyed quickly.

I love the bandits strength dont get me wrong, for once I have a reason not to hunt down sea raiders or run into tournaments whenever I need money. There is however a difference between them being a threat, and being limitless.

I would suggest in place of jsut icnreasing the start number blindly, put a ceiling at say 30(so caravans mercenaries and villeges have a chance) then haveing them "level" or advance in troop tree, as well as recruit new units. Basically if you IGNORE bandits, they cause problems, but if you keep bandits in mind they can be delt with. You can also take out the "large" bandits parties that are devistating your kingdom and not have to go back and do it again 3 days later

Don't forget you can also hire mercenary parties to patrol certain areas.  I do think manhunter / mercenary parties should grow as well though.  Have to look into that. 
  10. Cyclohexane

SWORD OF DAMOCLES - V5.0 BETA_1 DOWNLOAD

DungeonK said:
    Thank you so much for taking the awesome concept of Mount and Blade and turning it into something worthy of the gods. Your whole team deserves the utmost credit and respect from the gaming community for what you've done- essentially making an entire amazing game for free and then giving it away. Love you guys.  :grin:

On behalf of the SoD team, thanks.  These are the type comments we like to hear! 

11. Cyclohexane

Faverite refugee faction

Maan said:
    It's the first time I play SoD, but I have to say I'm loving Zerrikanians.

Their mix of ranged and melee cavalry, of fast and powerful horses seems to crush everything I've met so far.
    Also, with their blunt weapons they take a lot of prisoners, which for me has translated into a ridicoulous amount of gold and some 1100 troops recruited into 5 regiments.

Then, around day 100, I've started my war against Khergits (first power in Calradia in this game).
    They've already lost 2 castles in a day! :lol:
    I'm using a strange mix of troops: I keep all my party mounted, with companions and Zerrikanian troops; the 5 regiments following me are composed of Forest Bandits, Bandits, Cutthroats, Sea Riders, Villainese Infantry and Longbowmen, and an handful of mixed Calradian infantry and missile troops.

So far, it seems that using a mass of expendable troops is a good strategy.
    They are cheap, allowing you to field an horrendous amount of them; they have somewhat decent stats that allow them to actually cause some damage; and they distract the enemy. Every missile fired at one of them is a missile that is not killing one of my best troops spread out between them! :wink:

We'll see how it turns out in the end.
    I'm trying to pull off a blitzkrieg, taking every Khergit castle and city as fast as I can, without even giving any of them to lords. Then I'll take some time to develop my new kingdom.

Your playstyle is similar to mine.  I picked up the Serpent Host as my pact guild (high relations with all others) and use Ballist Knights as siege soldiers (and they are cheap enough to throw in your favorite cities for garrison as well).  The same is true for the zerrik mounted archers.  They make great garrison troops and better than Dvor archers (but more expensive).  With just a barracks and stables, you can build a nice diverse army (add a practice range later to suppliment cheap archers). 

Thier infantry is great as well as long as you do not use all elites.  Make sure it is a mix of axemen and 2-handed axemen so you get cover from shields for sieges and powerful damage with the axes. 

I started my blitzkrieg through Rhoduk lands and due to bad boy, found myself at war with all nations except Veigers.  Now I am on the defence.  One thing I found that helped me was having high relations with all the guilds.  I can conquor a remote castle, use guilds to quickly build a defence (hiring all the rank and file soldiers and garrising them), give the castle to a lord to deal with, and then this provides a nice distraction.  The other factions siege this castle instead of inside my territories allowing me time to regroup.

Anyhow, I am having a blast with Zerriks.  I had to force myself to sit down and pay the bills today instead of playing....

12. Cyclohexane

Badboy reducing problem, any advice please?

manekemaan said:
    apparantly i lose relation with a lot of them because my honor is high like berpol said,
    i never capture lords,

badboy is at 200 in my game, went above 39 as soon as I defeated swadia. then it just kept rising as I kept conquering.

ow and it doesn't drop anymore even tough it sais i lose 1 per week.

I believe going above 40 is a bug and so is not lowering by 1 each week.  However, it is not doing that in my game and sounds hard to replicate (maybe you are just farther along in your game than I am).  When I get a chance to list and organize all the 5.0 beta 1 bugs, I'll list these as well.  Perhaps Kuba can look into it.  Twan (original writer) is no longer active so I would not hold your breath. 

The high honor will piss off other lord personalities that have low honor.  Never capturing prisoners is an easy way to get high honor.  I'm sure as many lords that hate you, you also have a ton that love you.  I am sure this is a native feature, not a sword of damocles feature and definately has nothing to do with badboy. 

13. Cyclohexane

rgl error

kaze-yaida said:
    Warband uses much less textures, higher details MDOELS but different textures. SOD runs multiple textures quite often and many different ones even among the same troops

SOD also deals with AI, formations, adding in some people love to use the 300-400 battlesizer for some reason.(Max 400 troops, even more when outnumbereD? might as well play Team fortress 2 with 50 people)

The Warband textures (.dds files) are identical to M&B textures.  I also would not say that Warband has more detailed models than SoD (the tri count on some items had to be lowered to increase performance).  As a matter of fact, I used many of the same Native models and retextured and saved with the same compression. 

The big difference and what you highlighted on, is that SoD uses a lot more resources.  Instead of 1 new faction like Warband, we added 13 new with countless more random mercenary troops as well.  I know I can improve performance by combining more similar troops textures mapped to the same texture file.  So when these troops come to battle, only a handful of textures need to be loaded for each item.  As a side note, I have done this for many items in 5.0 already, but to complete would require a huge job.  I have other responsibilities and I've already invested hundreds of free hours (if not more).  My suggestion for moderate to low end computers (even guys that think they have a top end computer) is to lower textures.  It is a simple fix and barely noticable. 

If we would not have added all the .lods to the models, many more people would be getting RGL errors (for example V4.5).  There is no easy solution for many players.  It is either enjoy the variety and deal with occasional crashes or lower textures. 
  14. Cyclohexane

Badboy reducing problem, any advice please?

manekemaan said:
    i enjoy the war in the beginning, but I don't enjoy meeting lords who suddenly have -80 relation with me... (I think thats the badboy doing? or is it my super high honor?)

if you want this effect to work make it harder to make peace: you can just pay some gold to the enemy nation and the war is over for atleast 30 days. Makes it kinda easy to pick them of one by one.

I was thinking about this as I progressed farther into my campaign. 

This is not bad boy related.  The very high or very low relations with other lords you never met is M&B vanilla Native code.  When you capture many lords as prisoners (especially if you refuse to release), you get a reputation.  As far as I know, badboy has nothing to do with lord relations with you, only that the faction may declare war against your faction. 

When you release lords caught after a battle (i.e. do not capture), you also get a positive reputation from lords with similar personalities (this is based on honor).  This has nothing to do with badboy or even the SoD code.  This is true in M&B native

Badboy is working perfectly in my game (never went about 40).  I saved up some money, befriended all the mercenary guilds, and went on a rampage.  Now I am at war with 4 factions because I expanded to quickly.  If I wanted to keep them from ganging up on me, I would have to slow down my conquest.  I am good enough to not care if I am getting attacked everywhere.  Just more product for the ransom broker / slavers guild…. 

It is logical that all the native factions would attack you.  You are an invading foreigner.  It does not make since for the native factions to also have a badboy rating. 

As a side note, I never liked the term “badboy”, it is a horrible choice of words.  I prefer infamy...

The more you conquest, the more infamous you become.  It takes a little getting used to, and should probably be an option new players that cannot handle the challenge to turn off, but it is nice when you are familiar with the rules. 

In summary, I do not see any of this changing.  Can it be improved, yes, but it is functional.  Only bugs will be worked in next patch. 

15. Cyclohexane

SoD V5.0 Beta 1 Bug List

Tapkomet said:
    Redownloaded again. Still Textures and SceneObj are almost all broken and non-working.

It is not for Warband, there are no files missing. 

Back
Top Bottom