Recent content by CrazyElf

1. CrazyElf

Patch Notes v1.2.8

time forward is not speed up that better time does. Time forward only moves the game to a specific time ahead. example move forward X number of hours/days. Not X 5 or X 15 faster. 2 separate commands. I think everyone got confused with the 2 different commands
    Unfortunately it means that the mod Better Time is going to be necessary for now.

What I think needs to happen is for a system performance tester to be built in the options. Other games do this for how powerful the system is for setting custom graphics settings.

Taleworlds could do the same for Bannerlord and allow for faster stock time testing.
  2. CrazyElf

1.2.7 After Kingdom is conquered, leftover clan leader can NOT join me

Yeah, this is a huge oversight that shouldn't be a thing. The best time to recruit a noble clan ought to be when they're homeless and destitute after all.

However, at least we don't have the problem with zombie kingdoms that we used to have.

But we shouldn't be bargaining; these are basic, logical features that should have been/ought to be implemented since the game was officially released and it's shameful that they're not/were not.

Yep - the ability to recruit the ruling clan when they are at their weakest seems to be logical.
  3. CrazyElf

1.2 workshops broken? What am I missing?

It seems that workshops as a whole need a major revamp at this point.

I think that a couple of hundred denars per day, maybe a bit more if the user chooses the "optimal" workshop is a reasonable amount.

At the moment, it seems that there are many configurations where there is zero profit.
  4. CrazyElf

Can you please enable removal of Order of Battle and set teams with numbers like it was before?

How do I make sure ONLY level 1 or 2 soldiers stay in a reserve group (back and safe) and don't sneak into the main battle line ??? That's right i have to CoUNT every low level soldier I have, then set that number .. Or Zoom in at battle start and see if I can see any peasants / borrowed troops in the main battle line then adjust slider .. this is DUMB as F ! Old system, just set them up in a particular group .. DONE !

At the moment, there isn't a way to do this.

That's part of the problem right now with the current Battle Order system and why it's a step backwards in many regards, compared to the older system. That's part of the reason why we need Taleworlds to update the system.
  5. CrazyElf

Major issues that remain unaddressed in 1.2.5

I think that the deployment of 1.2.x should wait until 2024 until the bugs are sorted out.
  6. CrazyElf

Can you please enable removal of Order of Battle and set teams with numbers like it was before?

The new system surely need to improve, I have 5k+ hours in total war warhammer, so I really love Bannerlord's pre-deploy system. If we can set the formation with roman number in stone then we custom the formation in the pre-deploy phase, It will be huge step foward for Bannerlord

That might be the best temporary compromise until the system gets more work.
  7. CrazyElf

Either way, I am for keeping and improving the new system rather than removing it. And even if I may be a minority on the forums, I am not necessarily so in the entire community. We just won't know without an extensive poll that reaches all Bannerlord players.

Again, you can't say that just because someone doesn't post that they agree with you. Someone not posting means they didn't post, not that there's some silent majority that agrees with you. That's misleading. It's like a politician that loses an election that says everyone who didn't vote in the election supported that losing politician.

It feels like a 1 step forward, but 2 steps backward issue, where certain things like sorting by culture, tier, and certain factors like throwing weapons can't be done in the new system.
  8. CrazyElf

Will the 3D conversation background come back one day ?

Verified with the relevant dev that the background is indeed 2D. Sorry for the confusion.

Having said that, it is unlikely that this will be changed given the impact it has on performance.

The only feedback I'd have is add 2 more pictures. One with a tavern background for wanderers and non noble companions. A second with an open air background for notables.
  9. CrazyElf

Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

These 4 biggest issues turn a potentially challenging, thought-provoking, fun game... into a boring grindfest that feels like a painful chore to complete.

Are Taleworlds totally tonedeaf to these issues? How can they play their own game, look at these core systems not working, and say "yep that looks right"... For 2+ years?

As it stands, enthusiasm for Bannerlord has largely died off because Taleworlds forgot to make the game not a frustrating experience to play.

Yep. The good news is the bottom 3 have mods, but I agree that they should be resolved in the base game. The last one though, will require a major change in how the AI votes.

Personally I would add to the list, a lack of end game content, such as more in depth kingdom management and diplomacy. Late game is war and that's about it. There needs to be more and perhaps even late game questing.
  10. CrazyElf

Can't have a pure javelin / skirmish line either, rendering a portion of the Sturgian troop tree far less useful bordering on useless - just like the stupid OOB itself.

A real shame too because the faction is supposedly designed around strong infantry and would call for that tactic.

Players, myself included, have been complaining about OOB since it was (Poorly & halfheartedly, a TW specialty.) implemented. It's fallen on deaf ears. Whether it's because of some stupid sunk cost thinking, or thinking they know better than the people who actually play the game there is no telling.

Yep. This is another huge problem.

I think that the solution might be the modding community, but again, this is something fairly basic that the base game needs to resolve.

Essentially we need a system to both allow each unit to be assigned to a specific formation, like what the older pre-OOB had, and the ability to split I each unit type by percentage.

The current system only allows for very general units by percent and is even less control than the older formation system, which allowed units for a specific formation and then to split.
  11. CrazyElf

***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

There are a couple:

I think that at this point, the big issue is what are the most urgent issues to the developers versus what the community thinks are the most urgent issues.

The fact that spears are underpowered for example, and arrows overpowered is one of the most urgent issues in the game.
  12. CrazyElf

With the old system you could only assign ALL units of a specific soldier to one group at a time. Meaning, that if I wanted some legionaries t5 in my bodyguard group I would need to assign all of them to that group and not just 10% that I can now.

You don't seem to realize that you could split units in the old system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bannerlord...o_you_combine_split_troops_in_battle_like_in/

What you wanted to do could be done in the old system. There's a lot though that I cannot do in the order of battle system, including splitting units by tier and by culture. I also think that the percentage doesn't allow for other factors, such as isolating specific units to a group that I for some specific reason may want (ex: pikes only on the side - the order of battle only allows to filter by polearms, which means that some units that I may want in the front lines rather than in an archer protection group can't be split, unlike in the old system). Hence the order of battle was a step backwards.
  13. CrazyElf

Like having a bodyguard group with mixed heavy infantry. If I wanted that before, with say Legionaries, I would need to assign ALL legionaries to group say 6, and not just around 10% that I can now with the new system.

The new system is superior to the old. Anyone saying elsewise just does not understand the system or have experienced bugs with it.

Remember, just because a lot of voices on the forum complain about one thing, does not mean that complaint is justified. There are tons of people out there playing the game just fine with the new system.

You could do that with the old system. Assign the bodyguards to 1 group and then split them in battle. What you are saying is simply is not correct.

Neither system was perfect, but the new system is a huge step backwards. I cannot for example split units of the same class by tier. That's a huge problem when I'm trying to level up certain units.

Also, if a system is so prone to bugs, it's clearly not a step in the right direction, because it is inherently bug prone, or should not have been deployed until the bugs were fully resolved.

As far as the last comment, I'll say what I've said in the past. Someone that isn't posting isn't necessarily agreeing with you. All it means is that they haven't posted, not taken a side.
  14. CrazyElf

Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

The last square for their grave hole lmao

The advantage is that the modders would be in a better spot once development finally ends. Each mod tends to be broken with updates. Some modders have given up.
  15. CrazyElf

All that needs to happen is to keep the order of battle but enable us to put specific units in a group. This was done via Warband, it can easily happen on bannerlord

Yep - and if needed, allocate each group with a percentage of troops. For example, 50% of Spear units in group 1 and 50% in Group 2.

That way, for example, Archers can be protected on both sides.

---

Another feature that is worth adding is a new group option for when archers and horse archers run out of ammo - for example, I'd want them in group 5 and 6. One reason to avoid them going into melee is that the ranged units tend to be worse at melee and would take heavier losses. But the player should have that option.
Back
Top Bottom