Recent content by Courtney

1. Courtney

The Rebels [NA]

You will see a great many things Courtney.

That’s why I got a couple more years to buy the game, until hopefully, it’s perfected and be the true successor to WB we’ve been waiting 10 years for.
  2. Courtney

The Rebels [NA]

Hmmm game seems to be dead on arrival with the seemingly piss poor MP support? Guess I got a couple more years...?
  3. Courtney

The Rebels [NA]

Vive le resistance!
  4. Courtney

Black Shields (BkS) bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks bks

Fritigern said:
    I feel like I just watched an xbox halo lobby circa 2001

God this bring back memories.

**** I'm old!  :evil:
  5. Courtney

The Rebels (NA)

1cdj45xx said:
    Snoop said:
    Kialandi said:
    rebels never die?
    We're only as dead as the game is. If the game is revived, you'll see more Rebels.

Is that Asesino?

I've seen that username before but don't remember who it is. You might be right.
  6. Courtney

Mordhau is released, bl getting outdated every passing day...

Watched a couple of brief youtube videos on the gameplay of Mordhau, and more or less it seems to be a better-executed Chivalry. I've played Chivalry and it was great for however many initial hours I played, got pretty good at it too within those hours. Once I stopped playing, I had no desire to go back into it and I still have no desire to do so now.

Warband, on the contrary, after 9 years, I'm still trash and for every hour that I'm not playing it, I would die a little inside. That says a lot about a 10 year old game. If Bannerlord will have the same retention value as Warband, Mordhau can't hold a candle to BL (or to WB).
  7. Courtney

NA Battlefield

Pretty much the only server still active when I get on...
  8. Courtney

Keeping 6v6 or returning to 8v8

DarkLight said:
    Courtney said:
    With 6v6, I usually see the same tactic(s) being played: hold for flag, then go all in. It's pretty boring to watch after a while and doesn't leave much variety of things for the commenter of a stream to talk about. With 7v7 or 8v8, I see more risky tactics being played. The more players there are on a team, the harder it is to call. In 7v7 or 8v8, skill of the caller shines as well and would separate a good team from a great team. Also, NA was running 7v7 for years, so there's enough proof it works.

Honestly, tactics dont change that much from 6v6s to 8v8s. You still see crossfires, pushes to get the archers in melee, and split pushes. It its true that its easier to call on 6s or 5s cause you have less people to manage, but the fundamentals are still the same. Dont really see why so many people are bringing the argument that 8s are much more tactics and call based than 6s.

What you mentioned are basic tactics that any decent team should use. 6v6 is too restrictive for callers because the risk greatly outweighs the reward. So you see the same conservative tactics being played every single time, which as mentioned gets boring to watch and listen to. 8v8 gives callers and teams some freedom to take risks, should they choose to take them of course. Hence in a match where both teams are similar in skills, the caller for either team can shine and become the decisive factor, separating a great team from a good team. Also, when viewers see a caller taking a risk for his team and getting rewarded for it, it makes the match more intense and more interesting to watch.
  9. Courtney

Keeping 6v6 or returning to 8v8

With 6v6, I usually see the same tactic(s) being played: hold for flag, then go all in. It's pretty boring to watch after a while and doesn't leave much variety of things for the commenter of a stream to talk about. With 7v7 or 8v8, I see more risky tactics being played. The more players there are on a team, the harder it is to call. In 7v7 or 8v8, skill of the caller shines as well and would separate a good team from a great team. Also, NA was running 7v7 for years, so there's enough proof it works.
  10. Courtney

Nord Huscarl VS sarranid Guard

Most intense thing I've ever seen in Warband history...hell...in ALL history!
  11. Courtney

Competitive changes for future tourneys

Didn't really read through the whole thread so not sure if this has been suggested: what about reducing the number of arrows for kherg horse archers? maybe like 10 arrows or something. Once their arrows are spent, they become pretty useless anyway, discouraging teams from having more than 1.
  12. Courtney

The Rebels (NA)

FaCB0i said:
    Still recruiting?

Not really. Sorry. We're currently inactive. We might go active again when Bannerlord releases so come back in a few decades whenever it's out  :party:.
  13. Courtney

The Rebels (NA)

Honorary is reserved for Rebels who actually made a positive impact on the clan.

Also, that list hasn't been updated in a while.
  14. Courtney

Ronin Battle Server

KissMyAxe said:
    Some of you might have heard already, but we have had to ban CC_Platypus and several other members of the CC clan from the server due to hacking.

That explains a lot...
  15. Courtney

The Rebels (NA)

Lord Brutus said:
    Dear Queen Snoop,
      I have secured a tentative commitment from an individual who would like to join the Rebels.  He is the first president of the institution which today is called Louisiana State University.  He has traveled extensively throughout the southeastern United States and is well acquainted with the temper and values that the Rebels hold dear.  Just let me know here and I'll have him contact you.  K?
    zPtSM.jpg

The queen demands that this individual brings moonshine, tobaccki, and his hottest cousin. There'll be a tobaccki spittin' contest durin' the day and a hoedown in the evenin' when the queen will make her appearance.
Back
Top Bottom