Recent content by CounterPoint391

1. CounterPoint391

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Here's an unfinished project -- a render of a Spring Loaded Camming Device (SLCD)

ext

19285245.jpg
  2. CounterPoint391

Slytacular said:
    Working on a helmet for Planetside 2.

https://skfb.ly/6pu8T

As a suggestion, since the function is an orbital drop helmet -- the upper portion of the visor should be flush with the visor. Currently the design will create extra drag and induce eddy currents that would destabilize the flight pattern of an extremely high altitude skydiver. So to make your model more believable consider the function that your design is supposed to do, even if it's imaginary.

Look at Felix Baumgartner's jump --  he went into an uncontrolled spin almost immediately after jumping. Presumably a future orbital re-entry suit would contain mini exhaust ports coupled with advanced flight control algorithms in order to stabilize flight so the end user could retain orientation and arrive to ground fit to fight. Any engineer designing such a system would look to eliminate unnecessary protrusions that would affect the re-entry performance.
  3. CounterPoint391

Nordous' Sceners Guild

@In Vain: Looks damn fine, awesome scene. My only crit is the road  from gatehouse to bridge is super straight, which may be by design. I think it would be more visually interesting if it gently curved, similar to the main street gentle curve from gatehouse to castle.
  4. CounterPoint391

@Mandible: Sweet model, and I feel like you've improved your 3d work!
  5. CounterPoint391

kraggrim said:
    Attempt at painting a metal texture from scratch, pls criticise:
    927r_.jpg

I would say the overall effect makes it look more like stone, rather than metal. I think you should darken up the diffuse base a bit, and play with the spec map values in openBRF. If you look at the bilewit texture, you'll notice that the base metal texture is quite dark.

For metal textures it's tempting to use the diffuse to convey a metal look, but honestly most of the effect is in the specular map, and your material settings.

The details on the collar piece look nice. Consider adding some subtle highlighting to give the texture a bit of depth, or just make a killer heightmap to build a normalmap from.
  6. CounterPoint391

Make reflections for weapons and armor?

You also have to enable the specular flag for weapons. Flag value 720 should work IIRC. The spec map texture should also have a flag of 4.
  7. CounterPoint391

Make reflections for weapons and armor?

Use the evmap shader, and use the "earthenvmap" texture for the Enviro map in openBRF. Compare your material settings to the ones in the CommonRes Folder and you'll find you can replicate the effects of the native items. Hope this helps.
  8. CounterPoint391

OSP Other 2D Art Count's retexturing guild (download link on first page + Game of thrones OSP)

Love your work! I especially like the nobleman outfit retextures. Perhaps you could update the Courtly Outfit mesh (nobleman_outf) from native?
  9. CounterPoint391

Nordous' Sceners Guild

Finished the major building layout for my town scene, just have to add more details.

bjYMD.jpg

m1_QP.jpg

ww-eH.jpg

And for the curious, here's an overview of the whole scene
    kviTe.jpg
  10. CounterPoint391

Nordous' Sceners Guild

Nice! As far as borrowing props, try pulling a couple from Nova Aetus. There are some high quality Russian style props there, and decent textures.

From far away it looks like it has potential for an awesome skyline. I usually place the towers first, then check the view angles from far, from the town gate, and from the castle. It's sometimes challenging to get a placement that looks good from all player angles.
  11. CounterPoint391

Nordous' Sceners Guild

cwr said:
    What mod is it for?

That's just my test module....

Adorno said:
    That big, square tower seems to have some lighting issues. Maybe try another shader.

Fixed it -- it wasn't loading the normalmap since it was spelled NormalMap on the dds file. Looks way better now.
  12. CounterPoint391

Nordous' Sceners Guild

Messed around with some scene props, experimenting with visual composition from various viewpoints in the city. I've barely touched the landscape, just adjusting elevation as necessary. Any tips or suggestions for planning a multilevel scene like this?

7AD4y.jpg

73vVj.jpg

-AmS0.jpg

As far as what I plan to do next
    -Add some orchards/vinyards outside the city
    -Add small river port
    -Fill in all the skyline deadspots with props
    -Finish lining the streets with buildings
    -Fix the stupid lighting issues with some props
    -Fill visual empty spots in the town with trees, probably
    -Paint the landscape properly
  13. CounterPoint391

The normal map is faint, but there. I ended up overlaing a copy of the normalmap over the original to help it stand out, but I think the effect is too strong. Good point abount the tiling -- do you know of any tricks to fix that? I like the current size of the stone bricks so I like the current UV map scaling
  14. CounterPoint391

Finally got around to UVmapping this wall section I modeled ages ago...

kgPuiK9.jpg

And now I know what a tremendous amount of effort scene props take to make, and make look good. I saved myself the texturing work by using some of the Crusader Way to Expatiation building textures.

Feedback on the UVmapping job? or model?
Back
Top Bottom