Recent content by Corto

1. Corto

Sell All!

stratusfear said:
    P.S Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think native currently orders loot from greatest value to lowest, but its definitely possible, I have seen it in a few mods.

Ah, I think you might be right. Since .893 was released I've been playing M&B with mods exclusively. Apparently the one I'm playing now (BoW) does rank the loot. So I kind of took it for granted that vanilla does too. My mistake.
  2. Corto

Sell All!

magnemoe said:
    Yes, but is has some problems, you might only want the expensive items and some food, you don’t want low value bulk items all the time, if you are going strait to a city to sell you take all but not if you are deep inside enemy territory.

At the moment the game already (usually) stacks items according to their value, so I don't see any big reason why 'Take All' button couldn't just collect from the beginning of loot list until player's inventory is full. And if you want to change some items for cheaper stuff like food? Well, in that case you simply manually click to make those small changes. All I'm saying: even if you want to customize the loot selection (and all lootable items will not fit into your inventory) a 'Take All' button would still save some time, nerves and mouse button. T'would be an extremely ergonomical and useful addition.

Besides, even if the button might not always work like it's supposed to or (for some strange reason) somebody opposes the entire idea of a automated 'Take All' option: nobody's forcing you to use it! Just clickety-click million times to get one simple loot process done, like always. And everybody would be happy.  :smile:
  3. Corto

Heroes Management

When I first tried M&B almost 2 years ago, I was positively surprised and excited about the whole package. I still like the game a lot and immensely enjoy the battle system but nowadays the user interface has indeed become quite cumbersome and outdated, IMHO. It could be a lot swifter, better and polished. Smaller fonts, nicer UI graphics, more quick routes (for example: long waited "sell all" buttons spread all around UI...). Therefore I wholeheartedly agree on absolutely everything what the OP suggested. Whether it's selling your loot & slaves or managing your companions: please, make it as easy, fast and hassle-free as possible. At the moment M&B's user interface feels a bit too clumsy to my liking.
  4. Corto

Sell All!

To tell the truth I was kinda disappointed that (apparently?) simple improvement like this has not yet been included to 0.89x. After all the latest versions have already taken out "capture the noble" quests. And you can't ransom your captives anyhow. So there is no reason at the moment why you shouldn't be able to sell the whole bunch with a single click. Now selling slaves is still truly annoying.  :???:
  5. Corto

Minstrel - what is he for?

Adorno said:
    So maybe the Minstrel sings a little song about you  :wink:

Ho eyo he hum?  :grin:

Personally I doubt the wooing option. Royal ladies probably will be included (since you can already ask their location despite them being invisible) but I bet that marriage will still be dealt through the good ol' "ask Daddy" route. More interesting question is though what benefits and responsibilities will marriage bring to player character: Land? Money? Fame? Friends? Enemies? Interactive political plotting (oh God, please!)? Or will it eventually be as lame and plain as in the last Pirates! game? We'll see.

Minstrels as simple party morale boosters sound more reasonable choice. But I have to admit, also little bit more... lame. Hopefully interaction with the minstrels will have more variety.
  6. Corto

Mitä musiikkia kuuntelet pelatessasi (Mount & Bladea)?

Kyllä Teräsbetoni on minunkin vastaukseni ketjun kysymykseen... terskubetsku vaan sopii niin täydellisesti Mount&Bladeen.  :shock:
  7. Corto

Mount&Blade version 0.804 is released!

This is great. I must confess that I almost lost my sanity trying to work around the bugs in .801, furiously playing my character to level 15 before I totally snapped. And them constantly buggering crashes cringed me nerves, too...

But that's all behind now. I humbly offer my deepest gratitude for fixing the very promising .800 in such a short time. It took several minor patches, but now it is as stable as the good ol' .751.
  8. Corto

0.801 is fantastic with fix to crashing after battles!

I've encountered the same problems mentioned here... Game crashes after a victorious battle, recruits vanish all of a sudden (including Marnid&Borcha) and for some strange reason every once in awhile my keyboard freezes for several seconds while walking in cities. Odd.

Otherwise I consider 0.801 a great improvement.
  9. Corto

Anime

Anime-sarjoista Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing ja Berserk ovat lähellä sydäntä (vaikka viimeksi mainittu loppuukin anime-versiona vähän tönkösti kesken alkuperäisen mangan juonikaarta).

Vaan yksi on ylitse muiden: Azumanga Daioh. :mrgreen:
  10. Corto

Companion party skills

Volkier said:
    This "feature" deserves to be pissed on

I'll join on. In fact, my zipper's already going down.

Apparently this feature is meant to "balance" gameplay somehow. Bloody 'ell, all it does is bugger unaware players like me. For a some time I honestly thought there was a serious bug in my 0.751 version when either Marnid or Borcha did not seem to get their first skill points in the party screen at all. Then I learned the new NPC skill point system. And let me tell you (straight from the horse's mouth):

No sir, I didn't like it.

On the other hand it's not a big problem, really. But a small nuisance is always a nuisance anyhow.  :neutral:
  11. Corto

Who have you joined, Vaegirs or Swadians?

I choose the Swadians. Why? Because I always side with The Oppressor.

Underdogs like Vaegirs be damned! Gimme some pillaging and looting among the peasants instead... weaker is better.  :twisted:
  12. Corto

Mistä aiheesta haluaisit modin Mount & Bladeen?

Nuijasota, ehdottomasti. Klaus Fleming vs. Jaakko Ilkka. Siinähän sitten voi pelaaja pähkäillä, valitseeko puolekseen kapinoitsevat maajussit vai Suomen periferiaa valvovan armeijan. Nuijasota kääntyisi aika nätisti ja melko vähäisin muutoksin perus-M&B:stä. Kartan vaihto sekä yksiköiden ja kaupunkien nimeäminen suomen kielelle riittäisi aika pitkälle. Pelialueen kartan voisi rajata vaikkapa Pohjanmaalta aina Etelä-Suomen Turkuun asti.

Nakki, kun vain osaisi modata.  :neutral:
  13. Corto

I'm 25 too, and feeling (after seeing the poll results) rather... old. :wink:
  14. Corto

Mount & Blade: 2nd Best RPG Ever?

Heck, I guess I'm just repeating same words so many others have already spoken in this thread, but here you go: as much as I also like M&B, it doesn't compare as an RPG anywhere near true classic series like Ultima, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Master, Captive, Gothic, Magic Candle, Might & Magic, Lands of Lore and so forth. Not to mention respectable one-shots like Planescape: Torment, Darklands, Arcanum and Arx Fatalis.

Strictly as an RPG I would personally rate M&B somewhere between ranks 20-30 (It's still rather high, mind you). For Pete's sake, the game isn't even ready yet! As mighty and awesome it eventually will be, we just can't know it for sure at the moment.

Therefore HOTU's RPG ranking list results are a little bit absurd... :smile:
  15. Corto

Valentines day... gay.

thesneakster said:
    So true, and im not to good with gift/cards/gestures as well unfortunatly :sad:

Me neither. But I made my girlfriend a Valentine's card anyways. Gotta admit that it looked little bit crappy. But I guess it's the thought that counts.

Otherwise I spent my Valentine's day playing Civilization IV. Truly, it was a grand day.
Back
Top Bottom