Recent content by CommissarK

1. Why are people still playing boring native?

My title here seems appropriate. Carry on.
  2. Native Completed REKT- North Amerikan Dueling Tournament - jim rox

Commissar: 7

Lagstro: 3

GFs mate
  3. Native Completed REKT- North Amerikan Dueling Tournament - jim rox

I have messaged you back. Apologies for not being able to duel you the other night- I had an unexpectedly long night of work. If you're down for tonight around 8:00pm central, we can actually do this.
  4. Native Completed REKT- North Amerikan Dueling Tournament - jim rox

Commissar: 7
    Antonidas: 1

Gfs sir
  5. Native Completed REKT- North Amerikan Dueling Tournament - jim rox

Commissar 7
    Chosen 0

Gfs mate!
  6. Native Completed REKT- North Amerikan Dueling Tournament - jim rox

Not sure how well I can participate. With my recent move, the pings on every decent duel server have shot up to 80+. Not used to fighting like a euro on my home turf. Won't stop me from trying though.

In-Game Name: CommissarK
    Steam Profile: Commissar_K
    Time Zone: PST
  7. Native Completed Eternal's Team Dueling Tournament [TDT] - Bracket! [NA]

We'll get it done early this week. Monday/Tuesday evening central sound swank gents?
  8. Native Completed Eternal's Team Dueling Tournament [TDT] - Bracket! [NA]

Don't see my name on the free agent list.
  9. Native Completed Eternal's Team Dueling Tournament [TDT] - Bracket! [NA]

BlackTide said:
    Nice MP Nick Commie, btw

No****sgiven.jpg
  10. Native Completed Eternal's Team Dueling Tournament [TDT] - Bracket! [NA]

In-Game Name: Commissar_K
    TW Account Hyperlink: Commissar_K
    Steam Account: Commissar_K
    Dueling Experience: I **** people up and don't take **** from duelists who think they die to "spam".
  11. CANCELED

Orion said:
    sotamursu123 said:
    There have been tournaments with a prize before. Though I can't remember any time one would have been successful.

LES Summer Supremacy duel tournament. I'm 99% sure the winners received their prizes from that. There was a prize pool of ~$200 USD, IIRC.

Commissar checking in. Can confirm. M et al received their prize money. Carry on.
  12. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Ringwraith #5 said:
    Oh I seriously doubt it contains anything new that you haven't said before. I'm not wrong about that, am I. :wink:

Quoth the troll. Having posted only one tangential comment earlier, you're welcome to your ad hominem. I find your earlier tears about having "reasonable debate" and well structured arguments to be humorous in this context, however.
  13. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Ringwraith #5 said:
    *Fingers in Ears*
    Lalalala

The mark of a fool.
  14. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

[quote author=Ringwraith #5]
    Ignorance Masquerading As Knowledge
    [/quote]

[quote author=Everyone Else]
    Protestations against ignorance
    [/quote]

Are we still ****ing arguing about this? Is it not abundantly clear that Ringwraith has no conception of the actual depth of game play that Warband offers?

Playing Warband's single player only and then making authoritative claims about combat mechanics is like eating chocolate pudding, disliking the texture (Omfg its too gloppy for me), and then posting on a pudding forum about how all pudding should be cake because cake isn't gloppy, and oh by the way how come all pudding is chocolate flavored? Obviously Butterscotch is superior, plebes. What? How do I know all pudding is chocolate flavored? I went to the gas station and they only had chocolate pudding, obviously.

Ringwraith, you know absolutely nothing about Warband's combat. It is honestly one of the most in depth and personalized combat systems I've ever experienced. After playing for thousands of hours, I am still learning things about it. You want an example of how nuanced the system is? I can get on a dueling or battle server, and Identify individual players by the way they fight, even if they're smurfing. I can fight the same person over and over again for hundreds of duels or battle on the same map for hundreds of rounds, and the experience will be unique each time, and hopefully I will improve. In the middle of fighting someone, I will make interesting, viable decisions about positioning, attack direction, attack timing, momentum, and facing, all while defending myself from an attack every second. In a duel that lasts 2 minutes, I will have made over a hundred decisions that add up to victory or defeat. And then, I'll fight someone else, and make different decisions about each of these things for wildly different reasons. And that's only dueling. The amount of depth involved in team based skirmishes is at least equivalently if not more complex, with completely different skillsets required to play different classes and factions.

Do you want to know why people are so hostile to you, "fanboi-ism" aside? It's because what you're suggesting is a fundamental alteration to the mechanics that have given them this deep gameplay. What you cavalierly deride as being "too flexible" is the very thing that the long-term Warband community adores. Are there changes that could be made to improve it? Absolutely. Are there problems with some of the mechanics that lead to a lessened amount of interesting and viable choices during combat? Yes. But your solutions are akin to shredding every pudding recipe humanity has ever created and replacing them all with your favorite bunt cake recipe. If you are indeed as reasonable as you claim, I would hope you can accept my assertion that not everyone likes bunt cake.

I messaged you privately about a civil debate to discuss these things, but rather than take up my offer, you continue to troll people who know infinitely more about the game than you do. If you'd like to have that discussion, feel free to contact me. If you would like to learn about the depth that Warband combat has to offer, contact me again. Otherwise, stop wasting everyone's time. They have better things to do than participate in useless flame wars.
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Ringwraith #5 said:
    Fehnor said:
    weapons in Dark Souls have movesets
    Yeah, that's not a good thing.
    Elaborate?

Merlkir said:
    Both those games' combat systems are very different to MnB's, to the point they're not really comparable on a quality scale. I played Severance a lot and it was kind of fun, but it was entirely different kind of fun than MnB is.

It's arcadey, you have a target lock, you have dodge rolls and dodge hops and spin attacks and it all feels like guitar hero crossed with Golden Axe.
    The idea you find THIS to be more realistic than MnB is puzzling, but then again, you're weird.

In all these pages and pages of posts you've not presented any objective reasons why this approach is "better", it's all about your feelings and preferences.
    False, I have explained numerous times. Briefly: Movesets, dodge moves, footwork being an integral part of attacks.

It's this whole "easy to learn, hard to master" thing. In Dark Souls (and other good games) it's very easy to learn to control your character and very hard to learn what to do when. In M&B learning to control the character is difficult and unintuitive and once you do you're halfway to success.
    This for example is entirely false, at least in the experience of most people here. Yet you claim it as some objective truth about the game.
    I didn't claim that, MadocComadrin did. He said mastering the controls makes you average. Average is halfway between a total noob and a complete pro. Hence, mastering the controls puts you halfway to success if you're aiming high. If you're happy with being average, then it's 100% of success.

Juvenile said:
    I know you and some others have already argued about this, but I'd also love to see you try to duel someone in M&B, or even last 10 seconds in melee against anyone, without using footwork :roll:
    And by "footwork" you mean "dancing around each other in a ridiculous way". I've seen videos, thank you very much. That's not how footwork works. You can't just move your legs without any consideration for what you're doing with your arms, the two need to work together, which isn't the case in M&B. I always find it curious how a lot of the M&B fanbase seems to consider realism to be a major plus of the game, yet nobody seems bothered by this glaring fault.

Bitter vet just passing through here. All of your opinions display a unique misunderstanding of the game. While there are certainly some kernels of useful thought in your posts, The old adage "Right thing for the wrong reasons" makes your words ring hollow. It would be a dark day if your full design philosophy saw the light of day in MB2. I can elaborate if you'd like, but please take a moment to consider what makes Warband an enjoyable game before slinging a bunch of half-cocked ideas on to the forums.

Carry on everyone.
Back
Top Bottom