Recent content by CKtheFat

1. CKtheFat

Planetside 2: Napoleonic Wars. Good idea or not?

Planetside 2 takes place over a (in real life, rather small) continent/island.  As such, there are a lot of small localized battles whose bullets, vehicles, players, etc can be calculated completely independently from each other.  I guarantee you, if all 2000 players decided to duke it out over a single territory at one given time, the server will be brought down to its knees.

Since NW lacks air dropships or any mass-transit vehicles of any sort, I don't see how this could possibly work.  All you'd have is a long trek between this battle and that battle, and then you might as well just have 4 different maps.
  2. CKtheFat

51st Regiment, signing off

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadface.

Perhaps I should try and find an American-based regiment this time around so I can actually attend events.
  3. CKtheFat

Maps

As someone who has made maps and place them, trust me, there are organs you can sit down and play in NW.
  4. CKtheFat

Developer Q&A

My eye sees everything!

<3 Vincenzo, my favorite developer who also happens to be a cyclops.
  5. CKtheFat

Developer Q&A

Was there ever any possibility or desire for removing female characters from NW entirely?  They clearly aren't historical, and NW is based (rather solidly) on European history as opposed to the fantasy kingdom of Calradia.

In my regiment, and perhaps some or most others, you are not supposed to create a female character.  Sometimes I even forget they are in the game if I haven't been on a public server in a while.
  6. CKtheFat

Persistent World for Napoleonic?

Well, not MM anymore, but that must have taken a good chunk of time during it's prime.

For clarification, I asked Vince; he said he helped PW's coders, but did *not* actually code it by himself.
  7. CKtheFat

Napoleonic Wars: Scening Support

I have encountered this problem too and have not seen any solution.  What I've ended up relying on was making a new map by removing all the props and leveling all the terrain of an existing one, then rename it.

In my experience, this happens if your map is large or if you set your polygon size to less than 5 using that terrain generator website.
  8. CKtheFat

Dragoons are getting ridiculous.

I'm usually less concerned about dragoons as the other cavalry types.  In my experience, dragoons have to stop or slow down to a trot to get their accuracy to a reasonable degree, at which point you should have already lined up your shot. 
  9. CKtheFat

To kill or not to kill Musicians

All right, if I see you wheeling a piano around on your back during a battle, I won't shoot you :razz:
  10. CKtheFat

New scenes screens

Ah, I should have known you made that map :smile:
  11. CKtheFat

To kill or not to kill Musicians

I won't chase a musician down.  In fact, I'm a little less likely to prioritize killing a musician.  But if they are in the way, I shoot or stab them.  They are enemy soldiers; they can fight with a sword or pick up a dropped gun and kill you the moment your back is turned.
  12. CKtheFat

Truly?  Vince must be one busy guy!  MM, NW, and FSE's new project sounds like it'd be a good handful of work by itself.
  13. CKtheFat

New scenes screens

Supply-train-raid themed map idea:

yeehaw.png

yeehaw2.png

Not really any map in place yet, though.
  14. CKtheFat

[Tutorial] Texturing - Rock Bottom to Intermediate

I have a question that might be right up your alley.  I made a simple crappy test texture (left) and then tried to load it in OpenBRF (right.)  Why did the image suddenly get so damn bright?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr_zps35fdc83b.jpg

I'm using GIMP 2.8 with the DDS plugin that was mentioned just a bit earlier.  Note that this image is what shows up for the DiffuseA catagory in the material.  Maybe it has to do with how I'm exporting it...

settings_zpsbb0b1296.png

I've tried the Alpha Component (DXT5) option, the BC3 / DXT5 option, and RXGB (DXT5) option but they all yield the same result in OpenBRF.
  15. CKtheFat

From my somewhat limited experience with PW (a few days of playing 4-5 hours with regiment mates), the entire economy eventually came down to making and buying the best armors.  In NW, to my knowledge, uniforms don't do jack **** for armor, and even the classes that wear some form of armor (cuirassiers) just have more hit points instead of their clothes actually having armor.
Back
Top Bottom