Recent content by Cepheiden

1. Elden ring is thrash, please release a new update

It's quite astonishing that people in this thread are genuinely thinking that taleworlds needs to strategize their patch schedule in any way, let alone depending on some other game being released.

Bannerlord is over.

The game has been released. It doesn't matter if they call it early access or whatnot, that's just a word. The release and the majority of sales are done. Whatever they do now is of little consequence, since bannerlord is already known as a disappointment and will be forever remembered as such.
    Taleworlds are working on another game by now that will actually make additional money instead of just additional cost. Meanwhile some leftover employees release a patch for bannerlord every now and then, so people here feel like the people in charge at taleworlds care (they don't). That much is clear when you just look at what they actually do with all the patches, i.e. almost nothing divided into small portions. Everything else wouldn't be economical.

Get a dose of reality..
    git gud scrubs - everything in elden dongle is dodgeable and it's a joke compared to nioh.
  2. I am smithing weapons worth150k gold

Actually it's harder that one could think.

Thank you Captain Obvious. It's totally not like I wrote that exact thing the next line under what you quoted.

Again, so you can understand it:
    It's a homemade problem of trying to have single character rpg equipment progression mechanics in a strategy game economy.
    Prices will be imbalanced in one direction either way.

Yet there is 0 reason to not simply lower the value of some parts / types to stop the economy from being plain broken.
    That not being done makes taleworlds just look extremely lazy - especially since prices of crafted items were somewhat reasonable when the game was released.
  3. I am smithing weapons worth150k gold

Wow they still haven't fixed prices for crafted weapons? How long has it been? 3 months? 4months?

I get they can't fix they economy of bannerlord that easily. That's an issue on a conceptual level and obviously can't be solved too quickly.
    It's probably not even possible, given that the game attempts to somehow balance personal rpg style economy and strategy game economy on the other hand. Obviously it's either personal items being way too cheap and common to feel like a reward, or everything else being way overpriced.

But the prices for crafted items are just a limited amount of variables that need to be adjusted to fix a huge issue in the game. It boggles my mind to see they haven't done that yet.
  4. [1.1.0 Beta] Low skill xp gain is too high now

.Net Reflector but there's a few options for it

Then remember that as you level up, xp gain goes down. So while 215 might be the numerical half of 275 in terms of absolute xp, its not the real half in terms of progression... thats actually further up.

Thanks for the hint.

Also you are correct, as I wasn't considering exp multipliers going down. If they weren't it would take only around 150 hours to get something to 275. But with that knowledge now, my guess would be something like 300 hours, which is definitely too long. So they not only need to make the curve flatter, but also massively reduce the exponential growth of the curve, since the effectively needed experience already grows due to multipliers shrinking.
  5. [1.1.0 Beta] Low skill xp gain is too high now

I got it from the game code. That is exactly the curve

What program do you use to look at that?
  6. No lordly armors, in any place. Neither in looting, nor in the store.

I have a companion with 120 rogery too.

In the tooltip it says Roguery loot bonus only comes from party leader. So I guess you are getting none. Also most perks don't work.
  7. Are we having less female wanderers in beta?

There are more male wanderers now, so the probability of females being spawned has decreased.
  8. Beta 1.1 broken companions and trade?

No bug.
    The new calculation for companion prices seems to take into account their level and possibly their equipment. That northern dude with the chainmail on is always like 17k.
  9. [1.1.0 Beta] Low skill xp gain is too high now

Lets talk about this insane curve as a percentage of the way to 275. By 215 you are only HALFWAY to 275.

I don't know where you got that data. But that is what it feels like in the game, so it seems plausible. It's not even quadratic but still too steep.
    They should increase the y of the starting point of the curve and then flatten it out a bit towards the end.
    Nothing wrong with taking 100+ hours to get to 275 though, especially since it's not needed to "finish" the game. It's just a better feeling to see you are actually going somewhere with your skills.
  10. [1.1.0 Beta] Low skill xp gain is too high now

The general speed is quite ok now.
    But in particular the skill gain at the beginning is too fast and towards the 275 mark it's way too slow.
    It would be better if they flatten the experience curve a bit.
    So things should start a bit slower than they do now, but also don't grow as much into the high skill levels.
    Much more satisfying to see a constant trickle of those skill points compared to gaining like 50 in the first 2 hours and later on taking 2 hours for a single point.
  11. NPCs deflecting attacks while swinging

I notice this kind of thing in tournaments i have gotten around their side or have come up behind them while they are already engaged.
    And instead of taking normal damage they take very minor damage as though they had blocked it somehow despite having their back to me.
    Or without raisng their shield or sword to block the attack and no the sword is not hitting the shield i am attacking on the unshielded side.

I would also add to this that when troops are packed shoulder to shoulder face to face with an enemy you are unable to attack at all weapons just collide of friendly troops. I understand why this happens and accept the reasoning however certain weapons are desingned for this sort of fighting like using a spear from the 2nd/3rd ranks.
    It takes the fun away from assaulting a castle if you cant hit anything because troops are packed so tightly.
    I have tried shorter weapons and still have the same issue I refuse to assault a castle with a sodding dagger though before anyone mentions it lol.

That is something different from the thread openers issue.
    Your issue stems from enemies with high armor being hit with weak weapons and skills, which results in too little damage taken and the game counts that as a bounced off attack. Happens a lot in Arenas, where you have lords with the best possible armor, while having to use some the worst possible weapons against them.

The second one is a well known balancing problem regarding the collision of units.
    Basically it's either the player being blocked by units too much or the units stacking up too much.
    That issue need a lot of fine tuning to allow the player to pass through friendly units, but also stop units from stacking too tightly.
  12. Leveling up your character decreases your skill learning rate for all skills

any workaround for this yet? Like a mod or something?

Bannerlord Tweaks.
    It counteracts this retarded algorithm by giving an increasing bonus multiplier to skill gain with increasing level.
  13. Inflation/deflation in Bannerlord

Sounds like you just got your first lesson in economy but have trouble understanding and applying that knowledge.
    Think back about the first thing you have learned, the economical principle. But this time don't just repeat - think about it.
    Now think about whether that can apply to a game and what differentiates it from reality.

Follow that track and you can answer all your questions yourself.
  14. Please slow down on the patches Taleworlds

Rollbacks troublesome? What??

Open Steam -> Find Game -> Right Click Game -> Click Properties -> Navigate to Betas -> Pick the version you want

Seems easy to me.

Thanks.
    That made things a lot easier.
  15. Please slow down on the patches Taleworlds

Most of the stuff you add with those small patches has already been fixed by mods. However, these mods often stop working properly with new patches. But we need those mods, because they also fix other stuff. So kindly bundle up the changes for a weekly patch instead. Especially since you...
Back
Top Bottom