Recent content by Cek

1. Cek

Edit MPClassDivisions xml file

Hello, I'm trying to create a mod for multiplayer that load a custom file that should replace the value of the native MPClassDivisions, to reflect the one from the custom server i'm setting up, i create a new module and specify in the SubModule.xml the file to load, but when i launch the game...
  2. Cek

This is why cavalry in captains mode is trash.

I think the problem is not on the charge damage or the effectiveness of cavalry weapons, but rather of the AI and formation in captain mode, as a player you could pretty much already do what people are expecting from it.

To be more specific in one update (i don't remember which one) they increase the formation coeshion, so bots try to keep their formation while following the player i think this make both cavalry and infantry a lot slower than the player, this is more visible in DR custom servers as your number of troops is even bigger and they have problem in the small maps we currently have in the pool, this make cavalry not going at full speed like the player could reach making them unable to knock down enemy infantry and archer, if that would be changed cavalry could be usefull in melee fight even if they don't kill.

Also could be interesting if they manage to fix how cavalry AI work when given the charge command, as they tend to run around the map trying to reach a running speed to be able to couch before coming back, making them basically useless after the first charge and in need of heavy micromanage.
  3. Cek

7 new maps, Ranked and Battle mode, hundreds of balance changes

Sorry buddy, you're alone in this Aliaksandr.
    Leash is a hard fix for several extant problems in Captain mode that would otherwise take another year to resolve. It is easy to implement and understand. It will improve the game mode because we no longer have to nerf Cavalry into the ground to prevent Solocav play. Missile troops will become important again. Formation and Engagement become primary concerns again more so than Kiting tactics.

Its just a good thing all around and there's nothing to be gained by leaving it out.
    Warband captain servers had leashing, it was very enjoyable. Don't be afraid of the change!
    I agree with Zarthas here, i think the "leash" will put the captain mode back in track to more what it should be, a fight between two armies not a skirmish game with more life.

I think right now a lot of captain player (myself included) are taking the bad habit of going alone against the enemy as infantry, because it is a low risk high reward action, expecially if you are more skilled than the enemy you can kill a lot with risking only your life while your troops are safe somewhere.

It would be also interesting to see a reductiong to heavy infantry shield hit points, it would make skirmisher and archer a little more usefull and also give some use to perks that give bonus to shield damage (never saw a shield breaking recently).
    Another flaw of this mode i can see right now it is that most melee fight are over in a very short time frame, not giving you the possibility to do any type of maneuver (for example flanking the enemy).
  4. Cek

7 new maps, Ranked and Battle mode, hundreds of balance changes

Hi everyone!

First of all, thank you all for the warm welcome! Also i want to thank @NIN3 for the hard work, and wishing all the luck for the future endeavors. I’ll be happy to see you around any time, thank you!

It's very nice to see so many people are really interested in multiplayer and how it develops, also very encouraged to give helpful feedbacks and basically try to help out. I’m also planning to stay in touch with the community and get as many comments as possible at all times.

About the upcoming patch 1.7.2, even though Paul did a great job explaining all the details in the changelog, if you have any questions/comments, feel free to communicate and i'll try my best to contact back with solutions/answers as much as i can.

Thank you all for the welcomes again! :party:
    Hello,

There is any plan to make this type of balance multiplayer patch (changes to perks/equipments or troops count) more often and detached by the main single player patch?
    From my little understanding changes to perks, weapons, armors and troops count could be done without any impact on the singleplayer side of the game, correct me if i'm wrong.
  5. Cek

Go to hell with your scalpel, I have my scimitar... or Rambo nerfing from TW

The Captain leash solves at least partially addresses several problems:
    --Enemy ranged AI exploitation by kiting with your Captain
    --Solocav/Ramboing
    --AI abuse by abusing pathfinding (like standing on top of a building)
    Taleworlds is in "Ship It" mode. They were not going to address these issues any other way, so we got the Leash.
    I agree with you that are problems in this mode and the next update will try to address them at least partially

It is worth any detriment it will bring, honestly.
    Light Cavalry will now become more important for reconnaissance, giving them some actual purpose in Captain.
    I think they still be not used anyway, as it is better to take heavy cavarly anyway as the speed and number difference it is not so great, and heavy cav at least could do something on the first charge (than become useless).

Archers can be a little more competitive.
    Yes and no, for example the developer say that in case your troops are under "charge" command this leash doesn't activate, so you can still leave your troops in the fight and go alone stop an entire squad of archer.
    You still can occur in the risk that you own men are kited away doing so, but still a good tradeoff as not many people do that.

Also the biggest problem for archer to be competitive in my opinion is the map design, most of the map we have right now are small and with a lot of obstacle in the way.

And Solocav is dead forever. (RIP).
    Until we see the actual distance you can "park" your men before they go back to follow. i would not say that solo cav is dead

Captain mode will go back to being about what it is meant to: Engagement, Positioning, combined arms, and good use of formation.
    Hope so, but also hope we not go back at the start of EA situation, when most game were only infantry composition meeting in the center of the map and fighting there.
    In my opinion to have that we need more commands over the AI, more big and open map (were you can actually move around)
  6. Cek

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

There will be two different queues, solo and group. In the group queue, you will be able to queue up as a team of 2, 3, 4 or 6 players.
    I hope i will be wrong but with the current low population on mode like Captain Mode, where it is already difficult to find matches in under 10min (and i'm talking about EU) if you are in a party of more than 2 people, would it not divide even more the population and just increase the wait time?
    It doesn't start the match (won't place you in a server) without 12 players.
    What happen if you have three group of 3 people and one group of 4 people, will no one be able to play a game? Or after a while the server give up to search and create a game with the most people it could fit in one?

I'm not against ranked matchmaking as it should make the game more fair and fun for everyone, i just fear that right now it will increase the already long waiting time to play a game.
  7. Cek

[BEAST 7] Rosters

Player Addition

Team Name: Kingdom of Vlandia
    Name of player(s):

8. Cek

[Beast 7] Division E Week 4

Ordre du Lion d'Or - IVe Corps d'Armée Français – Kingdom of Vlandia
    On Sunday 6 at 8pm GMT/9pm CET
  9. Cek

[BEAST 7] Division E - Week 3

ZINK 12(4)4(0) Kingdom of Vlandia

rx3eTx2.png

3jzcb8e.png

FPB6eTa.png

whF6Roh.png

10. Cek

[BEAST 7] Division E - Week 3

ZINK – Kingdom of Vlandia

Sunday 30/01 at 19 GMT/ 20 CET
  11. Cek

Division E Week 2

@Cek, @Dominique19
    Where are the results of teh refs v KoV match?

Refesesesesferes (3) 10 - (1) 5 Kingdom of Vlandia

Vt8VTQT.png

pXiyYOZ.png

2A5uTTy.png

0KlKcEt.png
  12. Cek

[BEAST 7] Statistics

Thanks for the good work!
    For the division E, team KoV

Crus, FramedYannick, Mortine the Beheader, PaulVmax,Wayne2077 : Cavalry
    Cek : Archer
    ArdenDoge, TheBrightKing, Biggus Dickus, Caanan Banana, fc, PerfectDark, Saffa,Türknauf : Infantry
  13. Cek

[BEAST 7] Rosters

Player Addition

Team Name: Kingdom of Vlandia
    Name of player(s):

14. Cek

Division E Week 2

Sorry for being late on the posting
    Refesesesesferes – Kingdom of Vlandia
    23.01 Sunday 19:00 GMT
  15. Cek

Captain Mode Shield Strength Multiplier Should Be Reduced

I agree with you that right now the shields are too much durable and probably can take something like 50 arrows or 10 jareed before being destroyed, but in the other hand i would also not change is value by too much, or you risk to reduce the effectivness of shieldwall and heavy infantry in general.

For example you mention that doing so will make infantry need to scavange shield more, but that could also not be used by the opponent to work against you? Taking only skirmisher and archer units, so basically the skirmisher destroy the shield you have while the archer finish you off, as without any melee fight there are no other shield to get.

I think it is quite tricky to balance it well, but notherless would be good to see this type of changes more often and see how could they eventually swing the meta
Back
Top Bottom