Recent content by CardShark

1. Largest stable companion parties in Brytenwalda (spoilers)

Thank you so much for your help.
  2. Editing Lords equipment

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll see if Floris is compatible with my heavily modded game.
  3. Editing Lords equipment

So, i decided to keep 8 companions and turn the other ones into lords after giving them some decent stats and gear. It appeared that Bunduk turned totally ruined by the modifications applyied to his stuff when turning into a lord. I gave him a cleaver, board shield, heavy crossbow and bolts...
  4. -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

1 - Ah sorry i didn't find what i was looking for about RtR before asking this. Than you for the tip about askinf during a war.

2 - Too bad. I should have kept them a little bit longer :/

3 - Yes i already knew they were likely to change part of their stuff. On the 8 companion, the 3 who had a relatively bad armor upgraded it to heraldric mail, the 5 who had a better one kept it unchanged, so i guess this is systematic. I saw some 1 handed-weapons changes too.

The sad thing is that i optimisticly assumed that Bunduk wouldn't get a horse when turning into a lord, so i equiped him Rhodok-style with a pavise shield and a siege crossbow, and that guy just came back with a (bad) horse :sad:

i'll have a look in the mod section for this.

Thank you :smile:
  5. -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Various noobish questions below. I didn't find any answer to it, but i may have missed it.

1 - My right to rule is at 99. It seems to affect the probability that someone declares a war on me, if I understand well (almost 200 days of peace atm, my kingdom grows only by convinving lords to defect their king and join me :razz:). What else is affected by it? I'm using Diplomacy mod and I sent emissaries to others kings but they don't recognize me as a king.

2 - I promoted the 8 companion i'm not keeping with me, as lords. Do they keep leveling up on their own and increasing their characteristics?

3 - On a side note, one of these guys which was nicely equiped with a siege crossbow and a pavise shield decided to come back with a horse when I gave him lands. Does any of you know a way to remove it? I guess i will have to edit my save files, but i didn't find any satisfying solution in The Forge section.

Many thanks for you help.
  6. Impossible to start my rebellion

My game is now ready for me to consider rebelling against my King. I use the usual method of sieging castles and asking them as a reward until my king refuses. I conquered then received Almerra Castle and then launched my army against Jamiche, and asked the castle as reward. King Harlaus took...
  7. New Hero Submissions

Name: Armand
    *Personality: kinda bipolar, enjoys the opportunity of raping, pillaging, brutalizing armless peasants and mistreating women in general, but at the same time follows some distorted sense of honor and respects strength, great fighters and every male who achieved goals against all odds, though reluctantly. Complains a lot, rudely and loudly, if you don’t fight enough to his taste. Anything that adds to the feeling that he is a utterly crazy mix of his former noble and strict education and what he learnt spending the following years with burglars and pillars is great.
    Level: 10
    Attributes: strength = 15, agility = 12, intelligence = 8, and charisma = 8
    *Stats: ironflesh = 4, power_strike = 4, power_draw = 3, weapon_master = 3, riding = 2, athletics = 4, shield = 3, prisoner_management = 2, Looting  = 3, Leadership = 1
    *Proficiencies: around 180 1-handed, 150 bow, 72 2-haded, 72 polearm, 32 crossbow, 38 throwing
    *Cost to hire: no idea :s
    *Gear: Mail hauberk, mail mittens, splinted leather greaves, heavy one handed battle axe, cavalry round shield, nomad bow, arrows. His gear, as well as his statistics, tends to reflect his 10-12 years long history of fighting in diverse conditions, is pretty decent and makes him polyvalent and hard-hitting. I wasn't sure for the nomad bow, a good short bow might do the trick, but i guess in ten years wandering he had time finding something less cumbersome.
    *Appearance: Young man in his early twenties, short blond hair
    *Homeland: France
    ***Possible Enemies: A warrior woman who believes in justice and good, generous and gentle would be everything he hates!
    ***Possible Friends: The following story suggests two companions we may create too if Armand is of some interest to you.
    **Story: “So, you already knew Armand, right? Why did you call him “Kill-His-Father”?
    -Stupid question, young boy. That is because he killed his father.
    -Is that a metaphor? I talked about philosophy with Antonio, you know, the fat Italian guy who’s always complaining, the other day, and he said that when we’re young, we love a little bit too much our mothers and…
    -If by “metaphorical”, you mean, “with an axe in the skull”, then yes, that’s totally that.
    -Then that’s absolutely not what I meant. How such a thing may happen?!
    -You don’t know Armand for a long time, but a dozen years ago, Armand, believe it or not, he was the first son a baron. His mother died while giving birth, and his father never really came up with it, but he finally espoused the daughter of another lesser nobleman. They had a newborn son. A couple of years later, Armand still wasn’t even ten, his father dispossessed him in favor of his new son. Armand, well, he didn’t say a thing, but this same evening, he left the castle. And he went to find us. We were pillaging the region at this time, you see, we were former soldiers of a lord who never bothered paying us, so we deserted and we grew larger with recruiting other people, robbers, former soldiers, poachers… So, Armand, he found our camp and he came in front of our chief, Englebert. We never saw a man stand in front of that crazy bastard like that, let-alone a little kid. He said that he wanted to sell his castle to us, that he wanted to be part of us in exchange. He didn’t want to have anything to do with his family anymore. And he told us everything. He told us where were the towers, and the traps, the crossbowmen and the embrasures. He told us too where was the tunnel we used two nights later, which lead us in the inner courtyard. We all crawled like rats, but it worthed it! We bolted from the blue! We cut the throat of the sentinels, we beat down on them while sleeping, and we butchered them. Ah! That was pillaging!
    -Good Lord!
    -Wait. You don’t know the best part yet. Armand, he came with us that night. Of course, Englebert planned to kill him after the raid, but we saw him climbing to wooden stairs, with an axe. I see it as clearly as it was yesterday, the buildings in fire, and that little kid in the middle of all that fight. So, he was climbing the stairs, when the stepmother opened the door and went out, terrified because fire caught inside. He killed her with a single strike at her throat. She was carrying her child, his half-brother. Then he grabbed him from her body, and strangled him himself! And then, he went down back to the courtyard, where his father was cornered by two of our guys, and he jumped from the stair onto him, like he didn't care for his own safety any more, and killed him with an axe blow.
    -That’s terrible!
    -After that, the whole band adopted him. Some years later, he had an argument with Englebert, who was aging and wasn’t as tough as before, and he left. I never saw him after that any more, until I find you both.”
  8. "Recent events" morale modifier

Ah, thank you, I missed that.
  9. "Recent events" morale modifier

It seems to me that the Recent Events morale modifier is stuck to 0, now, with the last patch. I suppose this is a bug because no-one could do such a retarded thing on purpose. Am i the only one or is this common to everyone? If someone already got this bug, could you please give me a solution...
  10. New Armour that you would like

Black plate? in vanilla M&BW? Nope  :???:

I have tons of images of gothic style wonderfull badass-looking full plates in mind, but they probably don't suit very well with the era of M&B, maybe something less refined would do better. But still, the current model is awful.
  11. New Armour that you would like

The full plate armor makes me look like that (give a try with the good helm, seriously, the resemblance is stunning)

Bender.jpg

I'd love to see the model changed for something more visualy rewarding.
Back
Top Bottom