Recent content by CarbonadiuM

1. Miserable mid-game, new(ish) player perspective

Agree with most points form OP. Id like to add that it is impossible at the moment to have your own kingdom conquer the map because of the fast defections. Mid game you should be able to take on any lord easily and even small armies, however this doesn't matter because you end up playing a game of grab ass as your villages keep getting raided. So in short you need the lords to give you presence on the map. Even if you have your companions patrol the bad auto calc will get them dwindled down even if you give them top tier troops, so this isn't an option. This applies to realistic and easy mode the same, it doesn't matter if you can kill a 300 army with no casualties, your garrisons and militia will dwindle with your villages getting razed 24/7. For the time being it seems you need to play under a major kingdom if you want to unify the continent.
  2. How the Hell do I defeat Horse archers

Love the people who obviously play on easiest and just say, "use your OP hero". When playing on realistic you get 2 shotted so unless you want to watch the rest of the battle under crappy AI this isn't an option.
    You should easily be able to have 2:1 ratio of archers to their HA, place archers ahead of infantry (if behind infantry they wont fire) slightly favoring right side, as HA usually come to the left. Often times the HA group will retreat if they suffer a few losses before they can fire more than a few volleys. Place your Cav behind your army and charge if the HA goes behind you, make sure to monitor them, some might go for the enemy main army instead. At this point if you feel confident in the size and your HP, you can try and chase some down, but be aware that the main force of the enemy should be closing in soon if they are on offense. At this point i often pull my cav back and charge the front line once both infantry clash. The HA should be dimished enough to focus your Cav elsewhere, the last thing you want is your CAV tied up chasing stragglers.
  3. SP - General Companion AI settings

Nothing is more annoying than your companion dumping troops to garrison when you are trying to mass an army. I suggest having some settings on each companion that you can enable this or other behavior. Perhaps it gets unlocked with leadership perk tree. My behavior setting suggestions: -...
  4. SP - General Troop sorting

A sort feature with troop. Ex: Type, rank, race, quantity. This would be a very helpful quality of life improvement.
  5. SP Top Suggestions

I think a troop sorting option would be a great quality of life fix (sort by type, rank, race etc).

My other suggestion would be to add a perk under leadership that allows when dismissing troops to instead change them to masterless men and give them 1 command to execute, ex: garrison here. A great number of them would desert but nothing is more frustrating than finally having a surplus of troops after winning a battle but to not be able to keep most.
Back
Top Bottom